Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #11281
MVP

BattleBornLV's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

The post date of 10/11/2013!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #11282
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

One half of a business entrance being locked.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #11283
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
One half of a business entrance being locked.
I always pick the wrong ****ing door too and then look like an idiot when I bump in to it.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #11284
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
I always pick the wrong ****ing door too and then look like an idiot when I bump in to it.
This is at the entrance of the Jimmy John. Double glass "pull" (or push from inside) doors. The right door walking in (the normal IN door) is always unlocked. While leaving the other door gets me. It got me today for lunch and one night last week.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #11285
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
Fans that are always pessimistic and constantly point out the negative parts if their team or a match up while never acknowledging anything positive.
I'm a Philadelphia sports fan and this describes the Eagle FB group I'm in at the moment. If Vick is in, touchdowns only happened because of blah blah blah (but they are more positive when discussing Nick "Joe Montana" Foles tho). I always question their fanhood because of the constant negative comments. The lone Dallas fan (not sure why he's in there but he is, I think he's friends with the admin) is more positive about our team than our fans and he isn't all that positive haha.

And the Sixer group? They WANT to lose! I understand Wiggins but our team isn't as bad as others (like Boston), plus I can never understand the mentality of wanting to lose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #11286
Rookie

bonafied0034's Arena

OVR: 6

People who talk about a topic when it's clear they either don't know what they're talking about, or they have just memorized some kind of talking point without doing research and coming to their own conclusion
Old 10-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #11287

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafied0034
People who talk about a topic when it's clear they either don't know what they're talking about, or they have just memorized some kind of talking point without doing research and coming to their own conclusion
That explains the majority of the essays I've written in school lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Waking up four hours earlier than necessary. No reason I should be awake right now, but I am.
I hate when I wake up a few hours earlier than usual and I feel awake, but then when I go back to sleep and wake up 2-3 hours later, I'm so much more tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
Buying the wrong thing because I was in a hurry.
lol, that happened to me once. I went to a store to get something, and then the whole time, the person at the cash register kept on asking me if I needed any help(and I constantly said no) and they kept on watching me the whole time(this was middle of the day,so I was only person in the store). So I just rushed out of there and ended up getting the wrong thing.

I hate when that happens, people at the store make store browsing impossible. I was just going through the store just checking what they have before I go and get what I want,but the people at the store basically give you "the look" that's basically like "Are you lost? Why are you walking around and looking at stuff?"

So basically, I never browse small stores anymore. Maybe it's just me, but when I go to a store,I don't want to interact with the cashier(or if it's a small store, the owner). I just want the cashier to scan the item,tell me how much to pay and that's it, stop commenting on other stuff and asking me questions that you obviously know the answer to(or just don't care what the answer is)

Though there was this random time where I ended up talking to the cashier for like 10-15 mins about random stuff. To be fair though, I was only being nice in order to get them to sell me a video game early(which they did)

Last edited by Majingir; 10-14-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #11288
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I'm a Philadelphia sports fan and this describes the Eagle FB group I'm in at the moment. If Vick is in, touchdowns only happened because of blah blah blah (but they are more positive when discussing Nick "Joe Montana" Foles tho). I always question their fanhood because of the constant negative comments. The lone Dallas fan (not sure why he's in there but he is, I think he's friends with the admin) is more positive about our team than our fans and he isn't all that positive haha.

And the Sixer group? They WANT to lose! I understand Wiggins but our team isn't as bad as others (like Boston), plus I can never understand the mentality of wanting to lose.
Jets fans are like this too and I hate it. And what really grinds my gears is the overly negative Jets fans who are my age (25) or younger. The older fans, I get a bit, as the Jets have had some long stretches in the 70's, 80's and early 90's where they were just awful. If you were going to games at Shea Stadium to watch a last place team and have been a ticket holder ever since, then I cut you some slack. But since Parcells got here the Jets have been a solid franchise. Been to 3 conference championship games, won a few other playoff games, haven't gone more than 2 years in a row without making the playoffs. No superbowls which is frustrating, but fans cry like we are the Browns or some other team that is rarely even relevant

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »