Home

OOTP 25 Discussion

This is a discussion on OOTP 25 Discussion within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2024, 04:22 PM   #9
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: OOTP 25 Discussion

new to OOTP and very lost. Question, are you able to see velo on secondary pitches or is it only fastball?
Old 03-25-2024, 10:37 PM   #10
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
new to OOTP and very lost. Question, are you able to see velo on secondary pitches or is it only fastball?

Hey franch1se, check out pfholden on youtube. His content helped me tremendously with OOTP.

Also, check out the forums.

Lastly - I would wait to start a 'long term' save as the game is pretty bugged right now, with development not working as intended.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 04-06-2024, 05:25 PM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I usually don't get in to OOTP until a month or two after release as that's about how long it usually takes for them to get the big bugs squashed and the game play dialed in.

What is the state of gameplay at this moment? I heard there was some issues with player development. True? How is it now? Anything else to look out for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2024, 07:30 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 8

Player development is the big one that I've seen. Probably a good idea to wait until they release another patch (the last one was march 17th)
Old 04-07-2024, 12:48 AM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Player development is the big one that I've seen. Probably a good idea to wait until they release another patch (the last one was march 17th)
Thank you for the info.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:21 PM   #14
All Star

Does anyone use feeder leagues for drafts?

If so, do you mind sharing your setup? I've always just used the default draft classes, but I'm seeing like 50+ guys with 80 potential (20/80 scale)
Old 04-24-2024, 05:50 PM   #15
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Does anyone use feeder leagues for drafts?

If so, do you mind sharing your setup? I've always just used the default draft classes, but I'm seeing like 50+ guys with 80 potential (20/80 scale)
I used to exclusively, but with how the game worked, players never amount to anything. However, with the new ratings changes under the hood to allow for a wider range, I may create on again.

As far as the issue you're seeing, what do you have scouting accuracy set to? What about ratings relative to? I was seeing something similar when the game first released, but it turned out I had the ratings set relative to A ball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 08:41 PM   #16
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
I used to exclusively, but with how the game worked, players never amount to anything. However, with the new ratings changes under the hood to allow for a wider range, I may create on again.

As far as the issue you're seeing, what do you have scouting accuracy set to? What about ratings relative to? I was seeing something similar when the game first released, but it turned out I had the ratings set relative to A ball
I usually set accuracy to low, but I tested this on 100%.

I haven't actually played through a full season yet in 25 to test this in other scenarios, but I was messing around with the latest beta patches in a historical league (starting 2023). I simmed to the next available draft and there were over 2000 players at an 80 potential (again low scouting). I flipped this to 100% scouting just to see if my scout was terrible, and the distribution was basically the same. *Note that the standard league with real players seemed to be properly distributed.

I'm guessing that the problem is just the sheer number of players created for the draft pool (80k). I didn't change any other settings to get here (still a 15 round draft). Just a default historical game starting in the year 2023. Also possible that the game just glitched.

Regardless I still think that a feeder system would be interesting in order to get a larger sample size on prospects (though I would miss seeing real high school and colleges next to player names).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OOTP draft pic1.jpg (177.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg OOTP draft pic2.jpg (177.6 KB, 17 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »