Home

Old 05-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #1185
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: The Witcher 3

I'm still at level 6. I can't wait to get up a bit more so I can take on a couple of the new crazy beats I've seen.

There are about 4 spots on the map where I've seen what was there, its level, and then went "nope" and booked it out of there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #1186
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzypoof
(PC) Last night I completed a couple of story quests. I didn't get any XP for completing The Pyres of Novigrad. I was looking for it and listening for that satisfying jungle it makes when you gain XP after a mission. I am level 13 the quest was level 10.

I ended up wandering into the local tavern and took on the Fist Fighter. I got 25 XP after that match. So it's a little random.

I hope a patch or hotfix drops today. I want to binge play this game tomorrow. If not I may just have to console codes some levels.
That's pretty much my plan. Any time I have to play this game, I'm playing this game, glitches or not. If I don't get XP for completing a mission, I'll just wait til a proper walkthrough, listing how much XP you should get from certain quests comes out, and I'll use the console.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:06 PM   #1187
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Also, did everyone get the crystal raven skull in White Orchard? It's on the ground in the opening area where the game begins (where Vesemir and Geralt talk about Yennefer's letter) and you have the first fight with those ghouls. It obviously has some significance to the story because it's a quest item but I haven't advanced the story far enough to find out what it is yet.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:10 PM   #1188
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
There are about 4 spots on the map where I've seen what was there, its level, and then went "nope" and booked it out of there.
At level 13 I still do that.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #1189
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
For me, I'm just going to keep going along even if I miss out on some XP. As long as I'm still leveling up at a fair rate as I go along, I'm OK with it. If it gets to a point where I'm not, then I'll put it down. Game is just too much fun to stop playing at this moment.

Plus, I leave Sunday morning for a work trip, so I need to get my fix in while I can tonight and tomorrow...
I don't think I'm suffering from the bug, but honestly, I could live without a little XP as I'm feeling a little too comfortable right now. I was going to up the difficulty, but I'll see where I sit next week when the patch drops.

Don't get me wrong, I still died even a few times last night so it's definitely not too easy. I just get in phases where I just absolutely mop the floor with enemies 2-4 levels higher than me...

But still manage to get roasted against a swarm of drowners 3 levels below my Geralt. There had to be like 10 of those ****ers and I was dead within seconds. LOL!

How is the third hardest difficulty? Will I notice a huge difference or does it play pretty well?
Old 05-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #1190
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I don't think I'm suffering from the bug, but honestly, I could live without a little XP as I'm feeling a little too comfortable right now. I was going to up the difficulty, but I'll see where I sit next week when the patch drops.

Don't get me wrong, I still died even a few times last night so it's definitely not too easy. I just get in phases where I just absolutely mop the floor with enemies 2-4 levels higher than me...

But still manage to get roasted against a swarm of drowners 3 levels below my Geralt. There had to be like 10 of those ****ers and I was dead within seconds. LOL!

How is the third hardest difficulty? Will I notice a huge difference or does it play pretty well?
Blood and Broken Bones? That is what I have played on so far and I'm level 13 and just made it to Novigrad (to give you an idea of how much and how I've played). I felt it was difficult but not hair pulling difficult. Similar to your downer story the same thing will happen to you with a group of a little as 3 of them will do that to you if you aren't able to crowd control while dodging. Some spots were insanely difficult to me and required repeated attempts which never felt frustrating because I could always reconcile what I had done to result in the death rather than a poor game mechanic.

Contemplating bumping up to Death March since as I have started further down the upgrade tree I'm starting to feel a bit more overpowered this early in the game. Going to give that a quest or two though since I have thought that in the past after running through things only to be overwhelmed by enemies that I should have been able to handle.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #1191
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

Hello

I have tried to read through the 100+ pages, but couldn't find a user review of the game. I have never played the Wicker series, but do like the looks of it. I am a big Skyrim fan and this seems to be similar. Aside from any bugs, how is the story and flow of the game? Does it have a lot of replay value or do the choices you make via dialog not matter much?

Thanks for any feedback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #1192
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I see people talking about updates...I just noticed I'm playing on V1.01..Xbox One

Latest update went live today for XB1.

Edit - And by latest I meant first.

Last edited by areobee401; 05-29-2015 at 03:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »