Home

NBA 2K14 Community Team-Up Recommendations

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Community Team-Up Recommendations within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #217
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K14 Community Team-Up Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I just had this conversation with someone I won't name (can if he wants to chime in) about the process that gave me a little bit of a better understanding to the reasons a few things happen. I will use the play calling as an example as I have always thought the plays were not tested properly to work. This was and is not the case. The plays are tested a ton and over and over but the question is when are they tested.

Each developer has an area of the game that they are working on such as Mike Wang redid the right stick dribbling, I believe it was Zach who does the post game etc. Everyone is working on their area of the game. They then blend them together (mash up if you will) and this is where bugs can happen. The game could be working just fine with the area they are working on until this happens. I think alot of you think these devs are just lazy and that is NOT the case! On the other hand maybe the 2k insider is though! But thats a whole different story! LOL

So, back to my example of plays being tested. They were and are tested constantly, but if they are not tested at the end after everything has been mashed up, tweaked, and after eliminating as many of the bugs as they could find or get out then this is why you will see some of the plays not work. They have been tested, but need to be tested at the end of everything. They all probably worked perfectly at 1 point of the testing but things happen when you throw all the different areas of the game together.

You need to trust Leftos in what he is saying because those guys care just as much as we do about putting the best game out that they can. We need to remember that they have 60-70 guys working on a game (which is small) compared to let's say a EA or madden who maybe doubles that. There is only so much you or 1 can do in a year and on a yearly dev cycle.

This game has come so far and every year it takes strides. It will NEVER be perfect. There will always be a bug, glitch, or something broken. Its impossible to have the perfect game. Its all subjective anyways. We all have areas of the game we play more than others and want this or that fixed. I love the play books. Its hard for me to complain about plays when a few years ago there weren't even plays in the game! Then there was 4 per player in 2k11 and now we can have up to 32 if we so wish per player. It's a process and I get that now. Mike had said last year that the R stick dribbling would improve in year 2 as he had more he wanted to put in that we would understand more this year. It go's in phases and maybe some things have a 2-3 year plan.

Also, I'm sure this year has to be tough as they not only have to worry about a game for this gen, but next gen as well. Rest assured these guys have a passion for what they do! They have a plan!

We just need to be patient, but still voice our complaints as they need to hear what needs to be fixed. They read these forums whether they chime in and post or not. They are here on a daily basis. We all just need to communicate in a positive and constructive way.

All VALID points VANN. My MAIN issue would be they keep implementing NEW things in without getting the Existing Bugs fixed. I LOVE the addition of the EUROLEAGUE teams, but if that took time and resources away from fixing issues that need addressing, then to me it was not a good move in my opinion. I understand you need NEW features in games, and I am HOPING the D-League is one of the NEW features in the Game. Also hoping they have addressed what you guys brought up at TeamUp last year.

Guess we will all have to wait until they release some NEW details, that doesnt pertain to music. LOL

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 07-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #218
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
All VALID points VANN. My MAIN issue would be they keep implementing NEW things in without getting the Existing Bugs fixed. I LOVE the addition of the EUROLEAGUE teams, but if that took time and resources away from fixing issues that need addressing, then to me it was not a good move in my opinion. I understand you need NEW features in games, and I am HOPING the D-League is one of the NEW features in the Game. Also hoping they have addressed what you guys brought up at TeamUp last year.

Guess we will all have to wait until they release some NEW details, that doesnt pertain to music. LOL
Ya, you just said it though. Sure we would all like them to just fix what needs to be fixed. But let's be honest if we had that and no new features it would just be nba2k13.5. Plus obviously this is a business and they need to have new shiny new features to market the game. But the 1st year is let's just get it in the game just like the playbooks. They have gotten better every year since they were brought in.

I'm extremely anxious to see this years game and see if any of the feedback from last year made it in. Fingers crossed!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #219
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Ya, you just said it though. Sure we would all like them to just fix what needs to be fixed. But let's be honest if we had that and no new features it would just be nba2k13.5. Plus obviously this is a business and they need to have new shiny new features to market the game. But the 1st year is let's just get it in the game just like the playbooks. They have gotten better every year since they were brought in.

I'm extremely anxious to see this years game and see if any of the feedback from last year made it in. Fingers crossed!
If they Fixed Association(DLeague and Bugs), CAT, CAP, 2k Share and Playbooks, you wont hear ANY complaining from me. LOL. And User Manual for all of Tendencies and Attributes would be nice, but I can Test. Haha. They can add whatever they want after that.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 07-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #220
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
If they Fixed Association(DLeague and Bugs), CAT, CAP, 2k Share and Playbooks, you wont hear ANY complaining from me. LOL. And User Manual for all of Tendencies and Attributes would be nice, but I can Test. Haha. They can add whatever they want after that.
lol! I hear ya! :-)
Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #221
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

If the next gen versions have wingspans making Durant look like Durant for the first time ever, that's all I need ot know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #222
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
I just had this conversation with someone I won't name (can if he wants to chime in) about the process that gave me a little bit of a better understanding to the reasons a few things happen. I will use the play calling as an example as I have always thought the plays were not tested properly to work. This was and is not the case. The plays are tested a ton and over and over but the question is when are they tested.
Just to clarify, I'm not talking about play design there, but about how the AI is choosing them. Regardless of how many plays you assign, the CPU refuses to use a lot of them at all.
The much bigger issue is that touches doesn't work if you make changes to the default rosters. Fantasy drafts, seasons with trades, generated rookies...just start a game in coach mode and you'll notice that playcalling doesn't follow touches anymore. The starting PG gets ignored most of the time. A backcourt of John Wall at PG and say Brandon Knight at SG? All the plays get called for Knight even though Wall has higher touches. Switch the two and it's the opposite. This can be reproduced over and over again.
I have tested this a lot and can even tell the way you have to scale touches to get at least some plays called for a PG.

It simply doesn't work properly, and hasn't since 2k11. I've bought the PC version every year even though I didn't really like the game just to support 2k. And maybe it's harder to fix than I think. But if it's still that way in 2k14, fantasy seasons are useless. So are associations with trades and generated rookies. So lots of great game modes are pretty useless against the CPU right now and I wonder whether these things are unknown to the devs, impossible to fix or simply not very high on the priority list. In any case, I've spent money on the last 3 versions of 2k on PC without any improvements to this issue, which is kinda frustrating looking at the attention to detail spent on menu redesign, graphics and presentation.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just wanted to get in here quickly and thank anyone that voted for us, as well as congratulating the 7 that got in. I see I need to hang around here more.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #224
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Just to clarify, I'm not talking about play design there, but about how the AI is choosing them. Regardless of how many plays you assign, the CPU refuses to use a lot of them at all.
The much bigger issue is that touches doesn't work if you make changes to the default rosters. Fantasy drafts, seasons with trades, generated rookies...just start a game in coach mode and you'll notice that playcalling doesn't follow touches anymore. The starting PG gets ignored most of the time. A backcourt of John Wall at PG and say Brandon Knight at SG? All the plays get called for Knight even though Wall has higher touches. Switch the two and it's the opposite. This can be reproduced over and over again.
I have tested this a lot and can even tell the way you have to scale touches to get at least some plays called for a PG.

It simply doesn't work properly, and hasn't since 2k11. I've bought the PC version every year even though I didn't really like the game just to support 2k. And maybe it's harder to fix than I think. But if it's still that way in 2k14, fantasy seasons are useless. So are associations with trades and generated rookies. So lots of great game modes are pretty useless against the CPU right now and I wonder whether these things are unknown to the devs, impossible to fix or simply not very high on the priority list. In any case, I've spent money on the last 3 versions of 2k on PC without any improvements to this issue, which is kinda frustrating looking at the attention to detail spent on menu redesign, graphics and presentation.
I understood what you were saying. I was just highlighting to lead into a point. Your point is a whole another issue all together and is extremely frustrating. It is obviously hard coded somewhere in the game maybe like the end of game play calling is. Which is annoying! I hope that end of game play calling 1 day becomes edible and fixed as well. Also, when editing a player or teams touches it obviously should work. Otherwise what is point of it even being in the game. I completely agree with you and understand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »