Home

Information about 2k21 (current gen)?

This is a discussion on Information about 2k21 (current gen)? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2020, 11:26 AM   #25
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Information about 2k21 (current gen)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aricin
Unless I misread the info, progress (rep & mycareer) does NOT carry over from current to next gen.

Considering that for those that play park, Jorden rec etc, mycareer progress (badges etc) and rep grind is the “end game” of the game why would any of those players get the next gen game / console?

Making an educated guess that a very large chunk of the player base.
I'm waiting to get the next-gen version. The one thread pretty much convinced me that there's really no benefit in getting current-gen unless I just have to have the latest refinements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 12:40 AM   #26
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Problem is, my biggest hobby needs a basketball game to be played with. And there is just no other game. At least I only buy the game for a maximum of ~30-35€ not more.
The issue i have that cannot be rectified next year is...

PNO goat tier in 5v5 is best done on launch. Trying to get from NBA league to the GOAT league after the PSNOW free month is torture.

Im done. Passing out from a triple team and our AI shooting guard, literally the only dude on either team on the weak side, and he can't even hit the rim, but their tier three shooting guard greens three times in a row.

EVERY PART OF 2K IS SHAPED AROUND YOU 2K ACCOUNT. THE DIFFICULTY IS NOT NATURAL IN THE SLIGHTEST. THERE IS NO SKILL GAP PNO AND I REFUSE TO DIE ON THAT HILL.

In general,2k is a lackluster single player game with questionable microtransactions. There is not a single scrap of skill gap anymore..

Id rather snap my ****ing knee tendon again than ever play PNO 5v5 ever again.

If any of you *******s who know how to queue up with friends on PNO 5v5, then you'd better tell us right now. I've played too many 99 Kareems that couldnt time a hook shot if their mother's life depended on it, to act like there isnt some way to play without randoms to rank up.

Last edited by MakePostGreatAgain; 08-12-2020 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:34 AM   #27
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakePostGreatAgain
There is not a single scrap of skill gap anymore..

That is because 2k reduced the skill gap to stupid nonsense like timing a shot or getting the right animations to trigger. The skill gap should be to play for the best shot possible. And if you do that over the course of the game and you do it more than your opponent, thats where the skill gap should be.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:59 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Is a delay in release a possibility? I have to imagine 2K has the same concerns we all do regarding lack of new content available and fewer reasons to purchase on account of last season now becoming this season (with no off-season).
Old 08-12-2020, 11:28 AM   #29
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I’m in a holding pattern with all games until I know whether or not I get a PS5 and if I do if it’s coming on PS5 I will def not buy it on PS4.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #30
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Is a delay in release a possibility? I have to imagine 2K has the same concerns we all do regarding lack of new content available and fewer reasons to purchase on account of last season now becoming this season (with no off-season).
The closer we get to release date without any new information the more a expect either a delay or a release that isn't much more than a glorified roster update. We are less than a month away from release and we don't know anything about the game other than cover athletes and the soundtrack.

With all the game delays we've had this year and issues presented by Covid I don't have high hopes for the current gen release
Old 08-12-2020, 02:38 PM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

There was a leak today for the official release of info we should see tomorrow. Shot and dribble stick changes coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 07:00 AM   #32
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Shot and dribble stick changes coming.

Would be the first year where they don't change anything in that regard. One has to think they change it just for the sake of change, often times without improving anything (at best) or making it worse.

I am still hoping to get the on the fly menus from 2k11 back. You could do subs easily and you even saw the stamina of players...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »