Home

Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-15-2016, 09:47 AM   #2425
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal
So I've decided to stop playing MyCareer until they fix the jumpshot mess. It's so annoying and game-breaking how I can't hit a ****ing WIDE-OPEN jumpshot. I've tried changing forms (which is also annoying to do, btw) but it didn't work. Thankfully I didn't spend any extra money on VC, I would be extremely pissed off in that case. I'll be checking the forums to see if it gets fixed or not, hopefully it will within next days/weeks.
You'll bge waiting a long time. All the people that cried over sharpshooters being too good are the reason for this. It's impossible the way this game is made to lowered sharpshooters and allow other builds to shoot the way they were. this will be further nerfed in the lead up to RTTF, so get ready for a bumpy ride!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #2426
Rookie

I really hope they fix the glitch where when you get to the playoffs you can't view the regular season stats, only the playoff stats
Old 11-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #2427
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Damn I was watching the ball bounce on the rim a lot. Easy shots not going down.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 11-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #2428
Banned

At any point in MyCareer do you get to call plays or is the entire career just freelance offense?
Old 11-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #2429
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1212
At any point in MyCareer do you get to call plays or is the entire career just freelance offense?
When you get to 95 ovr you get the on court coach badge, which lets you do what you're asking about. Have you turned the settings and play-vision on in the coach section of your options?
Old 11-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #2430
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccs
Guys, I figured out why I'm missing so many open shots, especially the ones with good releases, filling the bar fully up but don't turning it green. It's the god damn zones you are standing in. I have a few where I have a 30-40% rating (blue ones) where I can not hit a shot even if I'm open. Not even on my own court in the hangar. Those are all good releases, all with full bar. Only <30% go in. All my zones that are around 45-50% I can hit around 60% or more, even if I mess up my shot, they will go in with a high consistency.

I never had this happen in 2K before. As far as I know, cold zones make it harder to hit your timing right but it seems in 2K17 they factor in way more than that. Regardless of your release or your openness, you will have a tough time making buckets from there which in turn makes it very hard to improve those zones.

Anyone with problems could try it out on the court in the hangar. You don't need anyone around. Just look at the zones and try shooting from blue/red ones.
Are "cold" zones really 30-40% from deep??? If so, that's ridiculous. "Cold" should really only be <30%. 30-40 ought to be neutral (outside. Inside, that is truly awful, but outside... could definitely be worse.). No bonus or penalty.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 11-15-2016, 04:11 PM   #2431
Banned

Thanks for the answer...I'm only 16 games in to mycareer playing 12 minute quarters...my player is an overall 84...I was just trying to get a heads up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 04:58 PM   #2432
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Problem is he is still on the Wolves and still going on about his trade rumors.
Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »