Home

Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #2337
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

Started a game then got prompted to update. First play back in the game I finally got ankle breaker. So glad that's over. Only upgradable badge I have left to get is Flashy Passer. Almost to the All-Star game.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 11-09-2016, 01:41 PM   #2338
Rookie

OVR: 0

now the shot chart info graph shows up in mycareer, but it's only in the 1st quarter when you've only taken a couple shots lol
Old 11-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #2339
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Is it natural for the update bar to disappear after you reach 95?
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 11-09-2016, 02:15 PM   #2340
Rookie

Right after the 1.05 update, the game felt nearly perfect. I could move around freely, without feeling like I was dealing with lag, and constinitly being bumped. Could fight around boxouts and hold strong positions for rebounding as a centre in mycareer.

They do a tuning update, and it's horrible. As a centre I can't push my way into the paint, always get stuck in animation where the defending centre shields me like 5 meters along the paint then boxes me out and I'm just locked in a boxout with no way to fight it.
On defense feels like I'm a second behind everything and when trying to change direction I over run everything, and when inbox out the AI defenders always seem to start behind me and magically when i boxout they slip in front of me
Old 11-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #2341
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencad123
Right after the 1.05 update, the game felt nearly perfect. I could move around freely, without feeling like I was dealing with lag, and constinitly being bumped. Could fight around boxouts and hold strong positions for rebounding as a centre in mycareer.

They do a tuning update, and it's horrible. As a centre I can't push my way into the paint, always get stuck in animation where the defending centre shields me like 5 meters along the paint then boxes me out and I'm just locked in a boxout with no way to fight it.

On defense feels like I'm a second behind everything and when trying to change direction I over run everything, and when inbox out the AI defenders always seem to start behind me and magically when i boxout they slip in front of me

truth.
post patch 1.05

midgame
game 2
finals

everything is good ( the gameplay )

then i get the update so i finished the game 1st. lol
we'll see ehat the hell i have to adjust to when i grt home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2016, 03:02 PM   #2342
Rookie

is anyone getting player intros in my career? its the nba finals and they're just standing on the floor like every other season game. there is no cinematics before the game.

is anyone getting thsee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-09-2016, 04:26 PM   #2343
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencad123

Could not agree more. Same exact experience. Game felt very good after the patch, then tuning update and it's a joke now. They messed it up big time.

Edit: Here is what I'm dealing with constantly. It looks like Caldwell-Pope called an ISO and even my team got out of the way lol. Justice getting stuck on the opponent with his right arm and dragged out of the way. This is all AI, I was not controlling anyone in that video. The #51 Center is not even setting a pick, I don't know what he is doing there. Mirotić is trying to save the day but runs into Lopez even though there is enough space between him and Justice. The Mirotić getting sucked into Lopez is one of the major problems this game has!

This is a good display of what is wrong with this game. Broken AI and players getting stuck on players stuck on players. There is no fluidity to the play. If you watch a real game, people don't bump into each other all the time or get stuck and have to spend 3 or more seconds watching a "unstuck" animation happen. Even if you are two feed away from your opponent your player slows down for no reason way too often.

Last edited by meccs; 11-09-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #2344
Rookie

i'm thinking that the main issues with MC in 2k17 is that stat caps were way too hard for pretty much all positions. maybe 2k should go back to no stat caps and separate the offline MC grinding and online Park stuff.

another thing is the consistent bumping and ridiculous movements that you experience. every time you dribble forward into the defender, you get pushed back a couple metres even if you have higher strength in a mismatch (unless you're posting up, then if you're stronger, you back them down). i'm not playing as a slasher in MC, but i can bet that driving to the hoop or finding open lanes to dribble into is frustrating. this happens way to often in transition, where i'm trying to finish hard but end up getting pushed away from the basket. no foul called, but i just go into a weak layup animation.
when defending, you feel like you're jerking around rather than moving. feels like i'm getting caught in animations in a really unnatural way.

i'm also getting a lot of turnovers where they feel forced at really specific moments in the game. the player catching my passes gets butter fingers. especially when we're consistently getting a few scores, going on a good run, 2k AI doesn't call the timeout (sometimes they do) but instead forces my teammates into a mistake. seems as if 2k is intentionally rigging the game to make it more challenging for us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »