Home

Yogurt's 2k18 Fictional Draft Classes (XB1)

This is a discussion on Yogurt's 2k18 Fictional Draft Classes (XB1) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-19-2018, 04:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Yogurt's 2k18 Fictional Draft Classes (XB1)

After spending the last few years always starting a draft class but never finishing, I am finally confident enough in my editing abilities to start releasing some Draft Classes for the public to enjoy. I am have been following SimWorlds ratings guides for the most part so these should be 100% compatible with their fantastic roster. Must say, if you have not already you need to check out the fantastic work done by the SimWorld crew.

What has been edited?
For the first roster I have edited 75 prospects which is enough for a 2 round draft even with full expansion. The remaining prospects are all 60ish OVR players who will fill out summer league rosters and still be playable, however they will not be unique to one another unfortunately. For the second class and there on out I will probably only do 60 prospects as essentially those other 15 players are probably not going to be in your league longer than a year or two anyways.

I have edited everything from ratings to tendencies to badges to signatures to vitals for all 75 main players. I am about 75% done I would say and should have it released in no more than a week or two. I will give a soft ETA of June 1, but with life and all that you never know. I have completed Vitals, jumpshots, signatures, etc. for all 75 prospects along with ratings tendencies and badges for about 45.

I am not huge on making huge writeups, mock drafts, or college stats for this as in my personal opinion I just do not care, however I know a lot of you folks love that stuff. I might write up some things, but for now lets just say Draft Class 1 should hold for us a special group of triplets ready to take the NBA by storm

Suggestions

In order to allow players to develop the way they are meant to I suggest doing the following.

1) Make sure every prospect drafted is signed by his team
2) Pick up all rookie contract options so that players stay on an NBA roster for at least 2 seasons unless it is a special situation such as a full roster.
3) I personally do not use the G-League and two ways as it is to glitch filled and messes with development for no real gain.

Where to Download

Draft Class 1:
Gamertag: GivinTheDiddily
File Name: Yogurt FDC0 (zero not an "O")
Released June 1 2018

I plan on skipping 2k19, so this project should continue into 2019 when 2k20 comes out. Unless 2k19 has some insane reviews and it becomes can't miss

Last edited by YogurtProducer; 06-01-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Yogurt's 2k18 Fictional Draft Classes (XB1)

Draft Class 1 - A Special Group of Triplets

After an absolutely dominating historical college season, the Macy triplets are setting their sights on the NBA. Just minutes after completing not only an NCAA championship but also a perfect season, the three announced their intent to leave the Kentucky Wildcats and begin preparation for the NBA. While Atlee, a 6'4" point guard and Tycen, a 6'8" point forward will begin working out at an attempt to improve their draft stock, Julien is going back to class. Julien, a roughly 6'6" swingman has decided to put off his NBA dream full time to return to the classroom and finish his second year of school as a major in Economics before hitting the gym for pre-draft workouts.

"Even after I am in the NBA getting my degree is still my number one priority. I have an opportunity to make the most of my scholarship here and I plan on using it to its fullest potential. I understand the importance of basketball in my life and I know it is the reason why I am on this podium today, but basketball is only going to be my life for at most what? 15 years? An education will help me for the rest of my life, on and off the court".

These words may surprise many people, however it is no surprise to others who know the projected #1 draft pick.

Lost in all the hype of the Macy triplets is Mo Henry, a freshman point guard relegated to coming off the bench for most of the season for the simple fact that he did not expect the Macy kids to return for a sophomore year. He had the opportunity to transfer before the season began and be a star elsewhere, but he took the demotion in stride, helping the Cats win a national title and putting up big numbers off the bench all season long. He wears the #66 for the amount of points the apparently scored in his first inter squad game at Kentucky, even if Julien swears its for his free throw percentage.

"Julien called me before he announced he and his brothers were going to return following their Round of 32 loss last season. I had already committed because they originally planned to leave for the NBA but they did not want to leave it that way. Well, he did not want to leave it that way but Atlee and Tycen maybe had a different story. (laughs) He told me he would understand if I decided to go elsewhere, but for some reason I could not do that to Julien. He holds himself so highly, I seriously have no met a more sincere and nice guy in my entire life. It was no surprise to me when we were on bus trips he was sitting up front by coach his head in a textbook because that is just who he is. He has made me a better player and person this season".

Many people think it would be tough for Atlee and Tycen to kind of be hidden by Juliens stardom. He was the player of the year two years running and was named the best prospect the NBA has seen since Lebron by countless publications since he turned 15 years old. That is not the case however, Atlee and Tycen could not be more proud as is evident from a interview earlier in the year with Tycen.

"Why would it bother me that Julien has literally never lost to me in a game of 1 on 1? That dude is on my side and me, him, Atlee, Mo, Johnny, and even Kurt (the water boy) go to war together every time we step on the floor. He makes me a better basketball player. He makes Atlee a better player. He never complains and hell, just because hes the best player in the nation does not mean me or Atlee do not have talent. I am projected to go what, 6th overall? Atlee is like 8th or something right now? We are great because of Julien but we are talented in our own right for sure."

It will be no surprise on draft night when Julien's name is called first by Adam Silver.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:37 AM   #3
Pro

Update: 51/75 prospects fully edited. Process is going a little quicker now that I am into the lower overall guys which require a little less detail and overall testing. Will complete the final 24 guys and then will need to do a bit of testing in terms of progression, etc.

Draft Class 1 - Australian Duo

Jackie Walker-King and Jason Zampa have been playing basketball together about as long as either of them can remember. Jason still reminisces on growing up with Jackie in their hometown of Kilmore, roughly 60 kilometers north of Melbourne.

"I still can remember our three point contests on our friends driveway way back when"

The driveway he speaks of was on such a slant that it was not possible to play anything close to the rim, so Jason and Jackie did all they could; they bombed threes.

"Every high school coach we ever had hated us", Jackie said with a smile. "We were both 6 foot 3, 6 foot 4, by the time we were like 12 or 13 years old. You gotta remember this was still before the three took over the game. Plus in high school you do not play a lot of guys that size especially in Australia; so our coaches always wanted us banging in the post and dominating the smaller players. In hindsight they were probably right, but how could they really complain when both of their giants were making 5 or 6 threes a game? We could literally shoot over any player that even tried to guard us."

The duo set about every record imaginable in the Australian high school basketball universe before playing a season in the NBA G-League before this years draft, both for the Toronto 905.

"It was awesome to be drafted together in the G-League" said Jackie. "For once we were not being told to bang in the post but rather coach Stackhouse was encouraging us to move the ball and shoot the 3 ball and shoot it often. I probably shot more threes in 3 games up here than I was allowed to do in weeks back home".

And the duo flourished, leading the 905 to another G-League title behind a historical shooting season. The big men finished the season with 161 three's made for Jackie, and 157 for Jason, good enough for 8th and 10th all time in a single G-League season. (The record is held by Troy Daniels with 240 in the 2013-14 season). There is no question these guys can shoot the ball, the concern is whether they will be able to defend on the other end.

A highly respected scout from the Eastern Conference said that "I have never seen two guys so highly divided on by guys in my life. On one hand, you see these big men being able to stretch the floor like no one else, but on the other hand you see them being destroyed in the pick and roll even by mediocre G-League competition. The question is if their offense and gravity is good enough to keep them on the basketball floor". These questions will be something GMs will be stressing about leading up to the NBA draft in a few weeks time. A good showing at the NBA combine could make or break whether we heard these guys' names early, or even at all come draft day.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:20 AM   #4
Pro

Update: 62 prospects done.. Still aiming for June 1

Draft Class 1 - The Rise of Chinese Basketball?

Basketball has become increasingly popular in China in recent years as many fans have noticed. Games, commercials, jerseys, and anything NBA related you can think of has been somehow marketed to the country of China. When you consider the population is north of 1 billion people, it is easy to understand why the NBA is attempting to pierce that demographic. Strangely enough, the quality of Chinese basketball players has not lived up to the popularity of the league.

Enter Zhi Zhi Chen, the latest Chinese prospect that has scouts questioning what they have in front of them. With incredible measurable stats such as his reported 7'0" height alongside his 7'8" wingspan, it is easy to get extremely excited about this kids future. Add in a silky smooth jumpshot and a decent feel for the game and we may have the Chinese basketball star the country so desperately wants.

Hailing from China, it is easy for people to make comparisons to Chinese basketball legend Yao Ming, which is a great comparison is some ways but terrible in others. Basketball wise, the comparison is a stretch. Both are monster sized although Yao would tower over Chen, and both are impressively coordinated for men of their size. However, Chen does not possess the same "star" trait that is so conveyed at the top of the draft. He never dominated the CBA in the same way and would sometimes be out rebounded by guys much smaller than him. Some scouts chalk this up to the fact that Zhi has never played that competitive of basketball and many wonder how much he would improve with legitimate NBA coaching.

The ways in which Zhi and Yao are very similar is that Zhi will also enter the NBA with a strong language barrier and will most likely need extended time to become accustomed to how the NBA world works. Add in the fact that he has a lingering MCL issue from the end of the CBA season and there are quite a few question marks surrounding his ability to play at the highest level.

All things considered, Zhi is the start of what appears to be a handful of Chinese basketball talent set to hit the NBA in the coming years. Zhi was a part of the U18 squad a few years back that managed to give the USA a late game scare by forcing the game to OT before the eventual collapse and the Silver medal. That being said, Chen did not play particularly well in that game and may not actually be the best Chinese prospect currently on the radar of NBA teams (That would be Sun Zhangyou).

Either way, expect large numbers of all-star ballots cast for Zhi Zhi regardless of how his rookie season plays out.

Last edited by YogurtProducer; 05-26-2018 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6

looks good so far keep up the good work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 06:52 PM   #6
Pro

Thanks! I’m currently in the middle of a move to a new house so things will be delayed a bit.. hopefully not to badly but it will probably be a week or so as long as I get the box set up soon!
Old 06-01-2018, 11:34 PM   #7
Pro

Draft Class 1 is released and ready to go! If anyone notices anything super odd please let me know!

It is not my GT so do not judge

Hope you enjoy
Old 06-02-2018, 02:04 AM   #8
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Draft Class 1 is released and ready to go! If anyone notices anything super odd please let me know!

It is not my GT so do not judge

Hope you enjoy
wow ..... I was looking for some class Daft compatible with the roster simworld and this sounds good as you said in the first post (although in my league are still halfway through the season) ....... you also make a class 2019? ..... I also think like you about jumping the 2k19 unless the reviews say it's a game not to be missed ....... sorry for my english

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »