Home

MLB The Show 21 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-18-2021, 05:04 PM   #297
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB the Show 21 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
They may have done a good job of using the music they put in the game but it’s awful awful awful music !!!!!! Thank goodness we can turn it off !!!

I don’t mind the music at all. I think its funny when a batter walks up to country music lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-18-2021, 05:18 PM   #298
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have played about 20 games on the PS5. I have fallen in love with pin point pitching. It is the most challenging interface I have experienced. No matter how much you master it, it is still a struggle at times and it makes you really have to pause and be patient. With each different pitcher and each new situation, no matter how good you are at it, you still miss your mark at times. Using it on Hall of Fame difficulty, you have to really think about your pitches because there are some pitches you can execute easier than others and you have to think about what pitches you want to try in any given situation.

Other impressions. The lighting at night is very dark in the outter regions of the ballpark. Nats park, the score board is vibrant but the Nationals sign, curly W clock, and the outter buildings are all dark. Im sure this can be patched, hopefully.

Hitting is real difficult. I like Hall of Fame because I like the different ways pitchers approach me. All Star still feels too easy. The ball does not pop off the bat, even with good timing and being squared up at least from my experience. Most of my home runs are few and far between. Timing is different this year. I am late or early on most everything. I am glad it is not too easy.

That being said, using pin point pitching on default hall of fame, your pitches are belted all over the place if you miss your mark. I moved the power slider for cpu down to 4 and it is a little better but now I fear they are not hitting homeruns at all so I may bump it back up to 5.

SOTS is a huge loss. I do like the music the game plays for between innings and during the game. It is always different. The walk up music doesn't pop as much and thats where i really miss SOTS.

The graphics are not a huge upgrade but I still like the vibrant colors and emotions of the players during the game.

Gameplay is smooth. I can't even tell you how much this game flows. I think this game plays better than 20 but that will always be an individual experience.

My biggest gripe is the lighting in most of the stadiums during night games. I hope they get that fixed. However, each game I play feels completely different which I appreciate.

I do hate that I don't earn stubs because I moved sliders around. I am not a DD person but I did like collecting the cards. I hope they can change this because it was fun just seeing what cards I could get.

Last edited by belltower; 04-18-2021 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:28 PM   #299
MVP

Archie56's Arena

I bet White Sox fans are happy finally! Haha

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2021, 05:47 PM   #300
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Lol, yes! I downloaded a roster in 20 a few weeks ago that had a great Abreu too. It’s about time haha
Old 04-18-2021, 05:52 PM   #301
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Hey...an MVP needed a face that didn’t look like someone tried to draw him from memory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2021, 06:20 PM   #302
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo101
Please give us the option to turn off the Homerun celebration camera please!!

Good luck with that, been asking for 3 years and no response.. they don’t care about us on OS
Old 04-18-2021, 07:30 PM   #303

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
The comeback code is killing this game. Up 3-0 in the 8th. My first baseman dropped two perfect throw that resulted in 2 runs. In the ninth, they hit a home run off Josh Hader to tie it of course. I just quit the game. B.S That's happened several times before in the last few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
You just opened up a can of worms you didn't want to...

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:04 PM   #304
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Just making sure and it might still be too dark on some sets.. but have you calibrated the HDR in the PS5 settings? Mine was off until I went and adjusted my HDR in the settings of the PS5.
Hi.
I did look at the PS5 HDR tool but everything is good by default. Other games are just fine also.

When one game is good and the next version is darker yet nothing changed except the game, of course it’s the game

I thank you for the reply. That was so nice of you. God bless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »