Home

MLB The Show 24 Patch #8 Available Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Patch #8 Available Today - Patch Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-09-2024, 07:49 PM   #25
Rookie

laguna_bob's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Patch #8 - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
He looks 5’11” because he is 5’11” in the game. The player model height is based on that attribute. Hopefully gets fixed soon.
I genuinely don't understand why he was ever listed as 5'11". His whole MLB career, he was listed as 6'3" and he looks it. Then, out of nowhere, all his heights are listed as 5'11" last year, where it showed that on MLB, Baseball Reference, etc. And now? Back to 6'3" on those sites... What happened there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2024, 09:01 PM   #26
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna_bob
I genuinely don't understand why he was ever listed as 5'11". His whole MLB career, he was listed as 6'3" and he looks it. Then, out of nowhere, all his heights are listed as 5'11" last year, where it showed that on MLB, Baseball Reference, etc. And now? Back to 6'3" on those sites... What happened there?
That is weird. Baseball America has him at 5'11" still.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2024, 09:14 PM   #27
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

He was actually listed as 5’11 on MLB.com last year for some reason so yeah they went by the site eventhough they updated the height this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2024, 10:14 PM   #28
Rookie

laguna_bob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
He was actually listed as 5’11 on MLB.com last year for some reason so yeah they went by the site eventhough they updated the height this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I said. Idk why 7 seasons into his career, his height gets shrunk to 5'11" for a season, then goes back to his normal 6'3". It is such a random blunder out the blue
Old 05-10-2024, 06:48 AM   #29
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 24 Patch #8 Available Today - Patch Notes

I’m so burnt out on this game. Equipment is lacking. You can’t change any of the logo colors almost. The cubs stance socks are still wrong 8 patches in. I feel like the only thing updated was hair moving on the players.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:41 AM   #30
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 24 Patch #8 Available Today - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDTBATH100
I’m so burnt out on this game. Equipment is lacking. You can’t change any of the logo colors almost. The cubs stance socks are still wrong 8 patches in. I feel like the only thing updated was hair moving on the players.

I wouldn’t hold my breath about the cubs stance socks. Orioles were wrong all of last year and even the start of this year, before the first patch. It’s clearly not something they prioritize, even though it feels like a very easy add.
Old 05-10-2024, 05:13 PM   #31
b1g
Rookie

b1g's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I saw previously that a patch/update addressed the issue of the Rube Foster card not being unlocked after completing the 4 required Negro League Storylines, but that card is still locked for me.
Appreciate it but I checked and they're still gone. I only have one story left that I've yet to start and the ones that were originally available on release. Guess they'll fix it in a future patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2024, 08:14 PM   #32
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Some others I noticed: Wilyer Abreu from the Red Sox, Jonny DeLuca and Chris Devenski from the Rays, Hunter Gaddis from the Guardians, Colin Selby from the Royals, Jared Triolo and Brent Honeywell Jr. from the Pirates, Nick Lodolo and Connor Overton from the Reds, Jordan Lawler and Kyle Nelson from the Diamondbacks, and German Márquez and Michael Toglia from the Rockies.

Probably a couple other prospects/low overall players I missed, but those were all the ones that immediately stuck out aside from the ones you mentioned

These were updated with the patch? Cuz I believe Abreu had face scan add in last week’s roster update.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »