Home

Old 04-06-2024, 11:11 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Hmmm

In the last few days I twice have seen a fielder jogging at a grounder that at first sight appeared they should get to if they went full speed. The first time I was surprised but didn't check the replay. It just happened again and I watched the replay at many speeds and angles and have no doubt the fielder should have gotten there but seemed to have no urgency. It came with a runner on 2nd so it cost a run in a close game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2024, 11:28 AM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
In the last few days I twice have seen a fielder jogging at a grounder that at first sight appeared they should get to if they went full speed. The first time I was surprised but didn't check the replay. It just happened again and I watched the replay at many speeds and angles and have no doubt the fielder should have gotten there but seemed to have no urgency. It came with a runner on 2nd so it cost a run in a close game.
What was the defenders Speed rating?
Old 04-06-2024, 11:54 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
What was the defenders Speed rating?
I don't recall the first fielder but the most recent was Gorman.
Old 04-06-2024, 03:21 PM   #4
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Yeah, Gorman has brutal combination of terrible speed and reaction for a second baseman. Expect to see him like you did, more and often, with what would seem with no urgency.

Sidenote on Gorman: in the 2025 season I would let Goldie walk in free agency, and move Gorman to firstbase.
Old 04-06-2024, 03:56 PM   #5
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs

Reaction rating has a lot to do with this. Speed, too. I haven’t seen anything egregious from good fielders, personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2024, 06:42 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I know the infielders will take their time throwing to 1st if runner is slow. Like the game forces every groundout to be closer at 1st than it has to be. But with what you're describing I've not ever seen. Fielder speed really won't matter on a play like that. Could've just been a weird sorta glitch you may never see again.

My biggest problem with infielders is them diving for a groundball too soon, and the ball hits them in the forearm, and at times even their rib cage. This has been a thing since they made reaction really matter not many years ago. If anyone has a way to fix that I'm all for it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-06-2024 at 06:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »