Home

8 Lost Features of MLB the Show

This is a discussion on 8 Lost Features of MLB the Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-29-2024, 08:03 AM   #9
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 8 Lost Features of MLB the Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Let the end user sort that out.

We dealt with that throughout a number of versions in the past. They started adding authentic equipment the same time they instituted Y2Y saves. As well as the addition of player morale, and a dramatic player appearance jump for 17 and 20.

Playstation, XBox and Switch programming structures weren't the same. I'll accept that as the reason why Y2Y wasn't viable. Outside of that.........

PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch can share rosters between each other. I do it all the time between them. So I don’t think the data structure between systems has anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2024, 10:53 AM   #10
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
I’m always surprised that this seems to be the prevailing sentiment on OS.

Granted, I could easily name a dozen things I’d like added to franchise mode to make it deeper and more authentic.

But between an immersive scouting system, playable AAA and AA games, player training,
Waiver wire, rule 5 draft, the 1st year player draft, league awards, qualifying offers, contract arbitration, all star game, home run derby, futures game, the new award tab adding to full player stat tracking …. I feel like you can easily get immersed for hours poking around your franchise or putting time into it.

The mode is far from perfect and maybe a lot of the sentiment comes from people who have been playing it for years and haven’t seen significant enough changes, but I’d hardly call it minimal and it seems inaccurate to say it’s shallow or anywhere as low key depth wise as a simple season mode.
I guess I should put it in context and say my idea of a baseball franchise mode is something closer to OOTP. So many options it frys your brain.

I’d love a manager game, similar to Head Coach 09.

I’m fine with the mode as is. It does cover all the bases, but nothing really grabs me. And as I said, after a season I build the next roster and move on. Mostly beacuse I can’t stomach the team building AI. And as I play with retro rosters, there isn’t anything captivating about my draft picks, or some hidden gem I unearthed down on the farm.

Anyway, I’m probably not the best test case here.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 03-29-2024 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:55 AM   #11
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch can share rosters between each other. I do it all the time between them. So I don’t think the data structure between systems has anything to do with it.
Roster ports should be available at this point, yes.

I was willing to give them a pass while the worked on the ports to the other systems.

If that wasn’t forced on them, maybe the feature would have remained.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2024, 10:51 AM   #12
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Really enjoying reading the feedback on this thread. Thank you guys for checking it out and joining in the discussion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »