Home

MLB The Show 24 Screenshots

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Screenshots within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-25-2024, 09:25 PM   #33
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 24 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Not sure if it's because of capturing screenshots off of video or what it is, but a lot of those shots (particularly the Strider one) look so much more washed out than just about anything in the Show '23 screenshot thread here on OS. I know '23 looked better than that on my PS5 - the colors popped so much more.

That of course doesn't change the fact that the models look the same, but I think that washed-out appearance is contributing to it looking like a much older version of the game. At the very least I certainly don't expect 24 to look worse than 23 - that would make zero sense.
No way it will look worse than 2023. Someone else said in another thread it would take the same amount of effort to make it look worse as it would to make it look better. So there’s no way it will look worse. Worst case scenario is it looks exactly the same.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-25-2024, 09:33 PM   #34
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Perhaps once they get rid of last gen, there will be a significant jump in visuals. Maybe not given that the Switch is now in the game. *shrugs*
Old 02-26-2024, 05:05 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blong00
The fact that they can get the patches in and move the mlb logo down and change the players names yet the teams with no names still have their numbers in the wrong place is baffling. Especially in a year (2 actually) with so much Jeter hype, you’d think they would put his number in the correct spot on the back of his jersey.
It’s because the MLB logo and ad patches are just updated on the jersey textures whereas the numbers are in a completely different section which uses the same box no matter the uniform. What they could/should do is expand that box to make it a little bigger and then update the font textures for each team so that they sit in the correct space within that box.

Thats how it was done way back in the MVP Baseball modding days since the original number space was way too small. The modding crew just expanded the box and fit the better textures in there for every team.

Last edited by desouza7; 02-26-2024 at 05:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2024, 01:18 PM   #36
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles0615
Quick which year is this from?

Can’t tell, but I’m still waiting for them to animate pitchers tucking their glove side arm closer towards their body, and better pitching mechanics (head/torso, shoulder positioning, etc.)

Haven’t played MLB the Show since 19 or 18, let alone video games in quite awhile. Kind of lost interest. Figured I’ll see what’s going on in the world of sports gaming today. There’s another baseball game that can’t be named because of forum rules that do have players tucking their glove side arm though.

Attachment 210524
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2787.jpeg (121.1 KB, 199 views)
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 02-26-2024, 02:13 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 19

maybe I'm spoiled by all the new life like ai image generators, but these look really fake/last gen to me.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:16 PM   #38
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

they don't want to improve graphics AT ALL

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »