Home

CPU vs CPU - slider findings

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU - slider findings within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-11-2024, 01:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU vs CPU - slider findings

I play this way once in a while...just to watch how the AI functions. It can be like watching a real game on tv at times.

However, I am finding that the number of K's per game seems excessive. Usually, between both teams it can total 20-25. Now I know today's game is all about launch angles and batting averages and strikeouts don't mean what they did in the past...but it just seems a bit excessive to me. Couple that with very few walks and you wind up with a foul ball and strikeout fest.

The last game I watched, using most recent SDS live roster, had many more foul balls than those put into play.

I am running with Allstar batting and HOF pitching with most sliders at default. I did lower fielder speed by 1 and upped hitter contact to 6. I've tried Allstar and HOF and both exhibit the same "issues."

I know cpu vs cpu is hardly ever used by anyone, but I like to see how the ratings and AI play out without me mucking things up...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2024, 02:35 PM   #2
Rookie

shawn306's Arena

Re: CPU vs CPU - slider findings

I play manage only mode and I always leave everything at default except for

Contact 6
Injuries 7 6 for simmed games
Trades

April 1
May 2
June 3
1st 2 weeks of July 4
July 15th to trade deadline 5

Contact at 6 seems to cut down on strikeouts. I have been using basically the same slider set in MLB 21
Old 04-12-2024, 07:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn306
I play manage only mode and I always leave everything at default except for

Contact 6
Injuries 7 6 for simmed games
Trades

April 1
May 2
June 3
1st 2 weeks of July 4
July 15th to trade deadline 5

Contact at 6 seems to cut down on strikeouts. I have been using basically the same slider set in MLB 21
I have contact at 6. It helps just a little. Still seeing a ton of K's. Also, the foul balls are ridiculous. I know this has been a complaint for years, but at least in cpu vs cpu it is out of control.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:05 PM   #4
Rookie

iAmMichael's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamingguy2023
I have contact at 6. It helps just a little. Still seeing a ton of K's. Also, the foul balls are ridiculous. I know this has been a complaint for years, but at least in cpu vs cpu it is out of control.
I did play a game last night using the 3.0 settings for S&B's sliders, the only manual change I made from it was knocking down the CPU timing from 7 to 6.

Foul balls were way less common than the first game I saw. 23% for the Dodgers and 19% for the Padres, also both pitchers were pitching a lot of strikes so I feel that foul % is actually inflated a bit than it would normally be. I'd recommend trying it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »