Home

Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5)

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5) within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-22-2024, 05:06 PM   #281
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Been lurking here for a bit. Really lost interest in most sports gaming this last few months. But the baseball itch is starting to come back and I think I might end up starting a new Indians/Guardians dynasty either in 1990/present day on 23.

Interesting stuff on the edits for the pitchers. Since I end up usually simming into future years, 30 team control is usually too much for me to handle controlling everything.
I hear ya! I used to be "scared" of 30-team control.

I set everything to auto (cpu profile), except 40-man and Lineups/Rotation, so it isn't that daunting TBH.

Heck, do 30-team control and set everything to auto on the cpu profile side. Then, if you get the itch to change teams, make adjustments to the cpu lineup etc. you can just go into their profile and set those things to manual.

To me, 30-team control is the best of both worlds. Control as little or as much as you can handle on the cpu side.

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 08:20 PM   #282
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie

I set everything to auto (cpu profile), except 40-man and Lineups/Rotation, so it isn't that daunting TBH.

Heck, do 30-team control and set everything to auto on the cpu profile side. Then, if you get the itch to change teams, make adjustments to the cpu lineup etc. you can just go into their profile and set those things to manual.

To me, 30-team control is the best of both worlds. Control as little or as much as you can handle on the cpu side.

Dowie
Dowie, perfect view on 30 TC. It's a nice feature to be able to jump in when you see fit. I often let things ride, bc that's the approach I like to take. But, it's also nice to step in when you see a potential storyline. Most of the time, I do lineups and rotations, and then let the rest play out.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 02-22-2024, 09:50 PM   #283
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1

I can’t believe I don’t know the answer to this lol but I recently started throwing whatever the catcher is putting down for signs instead of calling my own game but how do you tell where they want the pitch to be thrown. Just trying something different.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:12 PM   #284
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannybeingManny
I can’t believe I don’t know the answer to this lol but I recently started throwing whatever the catcher is putting down for signs instead of calling my own game but how do you tell where they want the pitch to be thrown. Just trying something different.
The floating mitt will appear (showing desired pitch location) I had to turn on a feature in the gameplay settings to enable that feature.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but I just remember turning stuff on/off until the mitt showed up.

I'll take a look later 2nite when I hop on my PS5.

Dowie
Old 02-23-2024, 12:09 AM   #285
MVP

dowie's Arena

@MannyBeingManny

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I use auto throw, field and run, so in order to see the "floating glove" / catchers desired pitch location I went to SETTINGS, then DISPLAY and turned on FIELDING AIDS.

Lemme know if that did the trick, but I think that was settings I had to adust.

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2024, 10:33 AM   #286
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
My gripe is more with the throws from

The OF

I agree with this as well. On default outfield throwing errors, from my personally experience, the throw is off line about 85% of the time. It feels way too easy to score on base hits because you’re never afraid of being thrown out. I dropped my outfield throwing error down to 2 and have been using that for the last 100 games or so I’ve played, while leaving all other errors on default. You still see off line throws all the time but now you actually have to think about who’s in the outfield and how strong their arm is because it’s probably going to be fairly on line.

I originally had my other errors higher but the only thing it seemed to do was make my infielders bobble everything and not actually result in more errors. So when I settled on 2 for outfield throwing errors and default everything else all of a sudden I started getting more infield errors and infield throwing errors. I’m not sure if something was happening under the hood trying to balance errors out but something definitely felt different.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:14 PM   #287
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I agree with this as well. On default outfield throwing errors, from my personally experience, the throw is off line about 85% of the time. It feels way too easy to score on base hits because you’re never afraid of being thrown out. I dropped my outfield throwing error down to 2 and have been using that for the last 100 games or so I’ve played, while leaving all other errors on default. You still see off line throws all the time but now you actually have to think about who’s in the outfield and how strong their arm is because it’s probably going to be fairly on line.

I originally had my other errors higher but the only thing it seemed to do was make my infielders bobble everything and not actually result in more errors. So when I settled on 2 for outfield throwing errors and default everything else all of a sudden I started getting more infield errors and infield throwing errors. I’m not sure if something was happening under the hood trying to balance errors out but something definitely felt different.

After 58 games with the OP and auto/auto on defense I have had my fair share of hosing guys from the OF

I have seen a very realistic balance of safe and out plays at 2B/3B and home-plate.

Also auto base-running now as well on the human side. I have had some yell at my players moments....and it actually is cool...more RNG based on BR Agg ratings is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 02-23-2024 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:32 PM   #288
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie

Dowie
This game doesn't get enough credit as far as sports games go, to be able to control every team as little or as much as you want, is pretty damn awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »