Home

Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2023, 04:51 PM   #201
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Directional/Classic Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
I normally stay out of commenting on most slider threads other than my own the past few years as I always end up where I should have stayed. Default all star. But I wanted to chime in here.

You bring up a very interesting point about pitcher stamina. I have played 20 franchise games so far.

The first 5 on all star classic/directional auto fielding and manual throwing and the game felt great. I play semi clean screen. Strike zone is on and classic fade is used. But all pitch and swing feedback is off. I upped stamina for both CPU and human starter to 6 for 10 games and dominated. Then the last 5 games I went back to default sliders across the board. Where I almost always end up.

Small sample size, but the 10 games with stamina at 5 for both, the CPU took a different approach at the plate. At 6, it is almost as if they knew they couldn't tire my pitcher early so they just chased all kinds of pitches, made weaker contact, and had poorer approaches at the plate in general. Back at 5 for stamina, they started to hit better, pitch better, and just play a better game overall.

For me, my zen is now all star default. Not changing a thing. I made that mistake in 21. I was.l better last year but got slideritis for a while before going back to all star default. I have learned my lesson.

Playing 21 and trying to chase that unicorn made me change my whole mentality on how I approach sports games. Chase fun and not stats. The stats come naturally by having fun.

Anyway, carry on... I won't side track the thread anymore.
I def agree that changing stamina sliders is not a good recipe for success when playing....but that's just my opinion.

Increasing SP stam for simmed games def helps w/ too many CG's....pretty sure I'd die on that hill.....it's easy to test for yourself.

Sim a season with SP stam at 8 and hook at 8, then try the same thing at default....# of CG's are night and day.

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2023, 04:55 PM   #202
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I def agree that changing stamina sliders is not a good recipe for success when playing....but that's just my opinion.

Increasing SP stam for simmed games def helps w/ too many CG's....pretty sure I'd die on that hill.....it's easy to test for yourself.

Sim a season with SP stam at 8 and hook at 8, then try the same thing at default....# of CG's are night and day.

Dowie
Dowie, this is exactly my point. These things don't always work like we think they do. Yet, people will dismiss this as hyperbole, without actually testing it or looking at empirical evidence.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 04-13-2023, 04:56 PM   #203
Gaming Avenger

Rmiok, sorry, I didn't mean to sidetrack your thread.

If anyone would like to chime in further please PM me.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 04-13-2023, 08:01 PM   #204
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Directional/Classic Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ren
Rmiok, sorry, I didn't mean to sidetrack your thread.

If anyone would like to chime in further please PM me.

Buddy I don’t care about that stuff. This is just a game. No doubt an interesting topic! I always appreciate your input Ren

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-13-2023, 08:07 PM   #205
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie

Dowie

This is actually a good topic for me right now, what is the consensus best sim sliders?

I did cpu hook at 10 and SP stamina 0….thinking that would lower complete games? But it has not. There’s still a ton. What do people actually use??

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2023, 08:17 PM   #206
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

https://twitch.tv/bendermckraken

Streaming in 10 minutes…… or as fast as my fat @$$ eats this burrito.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:53 PM   #207
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3816
It really feels like using meter, pinpoint, analog, pulse pitching, or zone hitting is built for player vs player.
Directional/Classic plays great this year for player vs cpu.

similarly NBA 2k23 plays great vs cpu using real fg% but turning the meter on puts everything in favor of the player.
Agreed. Going to classic pitching with a few adjustments in sliders was a game changer for me opened the game up for me. I’ve got the game playing right about where I want. Hopefully they don’t change the gameplay too much via updates.
Old 04-13-2023, 09:07 PM   #208
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
This is actually a good topic for me right now, what is the consensus best sim sliders?

I did cpu hook at 10 and SP stamina 0….thinking that would lower complete games? But it has not. There’s still a ton. What do people actually use??

For sim CPU v CPU games, I use the following:

10 hook
5 or 6 for INJ (MLB games only; 1 for MiLB games)
Trade slider
I leave everything else at default, including SP stamina... results have been great.

I ran SP stamina at 2 for about 15 games, but there were way too many games where the CPU teams would hit 15-20 hits each. It skewed the standings. Default 5 seems to have solved that, but with the hook @ 10 the complete games are significantly reduced.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »