Home

Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2023, 03:21 PM   #193
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Directional/Classic Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ren

2. There is a lack of variable outcomes. This began with MLB 21. Why? There has been a substantial paradigm shift under the hood. SDS has geared this game to those that stream online H2H and Battle Royale style play. The online players cannot have their 99 overall players have an off day. The coding is designed to ensure that doesn't happen. As a result, that off day for your ace, or no hitter for your #5 is not apt to occur. Instead, your starters will fall into a fairly close range of one anther. The same is true with your hitters.
I disagree. I pitched with Bieber and only lasted 1.1ip 8h 8er 1bb 0k. The hot and cold streaks work the same as they always have. And idk how you figure adjusting cpu hitting sliders effect human side. Human hitting is more in user control than anything else.

So many ppl are on MLB 20 nuts it's crazy. When I played it, it was the same dead flat cpu offense for me until adjusting their hitting sliders. Just like 21, 22, and 23. This game has barely changed over the last 12 years, and that's really not a bad thing.

And throwing blind with no ball marker is not the solution either. That doesn't even make sense to throw blind IMO. No one IRL is closing their eyes when they aim their pitch.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-13-2023 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2023, 03:38 PM   #194
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
There is a reason for this. The sliders are not doing what you think they are doing.

With your 0 control / consistency and 10 timing / contact, you are naturally thinking you are playing the "hardest" version. Instead, it's likely to be having an inverse effect.

Let me preface by saying that I love the way default HOF plays on this game, but like most, the CPU is flat with no punch. I bumped up the five hitting sliders to 6 for the CPU only. Game still plays great, but guess what? The Human hits even better; CPU plays about the same. I then bumped up the same five CPU hitting sliders to 7, and then 8, all the way to 10, and even combining in a reduction to the HUM stamina sliders. Same deal - the HUM hits better, the CPU remains roughly the same.

I have video evidence of the above, and I'm willing to stream this live.

This game is flat out amazing in terms of simulating movement, physics, and baseball in 4k. But there are two glaring issues, which sliders don't seem to have an impact on:

1. The CPU is flat. There are combinations that can be taken to get more buzz out of the CPU, but it generally comes at the expense of the HUM hitting. That makes no sense, but that's generally what happens.

2. There is a lack of variable outcomes. This began with MLB 21. Why? There has been a substantial paradigm shift under the hood. SDS has geared this game to those that stream online H2H and Battle Royale style play. The online players cannot have their 99 overall players have an off day. The coding is designed to ensure that doesn't happen. As a result, that off day for your ace, or no hitter for your #5 is not apt to occur. Instead, your starters will fall into a fairly close range of one anther. The same is true with your hitters.

Even though we have three separate game modes (Casual, Sim, and Comp), there is only one engine under the hood. It starts with Comp and all flows down hill from there.

If someone can crack this code with sliders, I'm all ears. But in reality, a lot us are tuning this game based on habitual ways that we have done for years, despite those adjustments now being defunct.

I know some will read this and dismiss it, but I encourage you to at least take it in with your own eyes. I'm thinking it will likely take a completely out of the box approach if you want to tune this game via the sliders. For one, I have found that leaving all of the global sliders (baserunner speed, fielder reaction, etc) at default produces more organic looking movements. Players start to look jerky when too many of those are moved around.

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread. I was going to post this as a separate thread, but this comment was a good place to piggyback.
I have been playing directional/classic Legend/Legend Default Sliders and getting great results. Played most games as the Braves and I have had everything from 1-0 games, to the Cleveland Guardians beating me 13-6, to losing 14-13 in the 12th inning. I have been rotating through every pitcher on the team as well.

I do fully agree with you on changing the sliders not having the desired effect. For the last few years I have left the Pitcher Stamina Sliders at default. I have felt that bumping that up even from 5 to 6 kills the CPU offense. I'm still able to get 100+ pitch games out of my top guys. Just had 117 with Fried last night and he ran out of energy at pitch 113. Seven strong innings and left the game 3-3. The CPU has let some guys throw over 110 against me as well when I haven't hit well. Anytime I have even tested bumping the Stamina up, I have completely shut the CPU down to the point where I am not even trying to be strategic and they still can't score runs.
I also tried bumping the fielder speed down to 4 and reaction up to 6. Changed that back to default when I had a routine ground ball to Arcia's glove side and he took way too much time to get there, made a late throw on what should have been out number 3, and it looked like he was running in quick sand. I have learned over time to change as little as possible in sports games and that any change may have a majorly unintended consequence.
I have noticed over on the 2k23 boards that everyone complains about the CPU free throw Percentage ranging from poor to terrible. I am playing that game on almost default with minor adjustments ONLY to inside shots, close shots, Mid range shots, and Three point shots. The CPU shoots free throws better than the user almost every game.
I can play The Show and 2K all day and it does not have to perfectly replicate real life as long as its fun, the CPU is competitive, and game could go either way at any time. I don't mention Madden because there just isn't any hope left there.
Old 04-13-2023, 03:50 PM   #195
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo

And throwing blind with no ball marker is not the solution either. That doesn't even make sense to throw blind IMO. No one IRL is closing their eyes when they aim their pitch.

I've been throwing blind for years. I do have vibration on this year though. Its really not that much different. More feeling it out than a visual marker. Keeps me invested in what I am doing. Gotta breathe through your eyelids
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2023, 04:01 PM   #196
Rookie

Quote:
There is a reason for this. The sliders are not doing what you think they are doing.

With your 0 control / consistency and 10 timing / contact, you are naturally thinking you are playing the "hardest" version. Instead, it's likely to be having an inverse effect.

Let me preface by saying that I love the way default HOF plays on this game, but like most, the CPU is flat with no punch. I bumped up the five hitting sliders to 6 for the CPU only. Game still plays great, but guess what? The Human hits even better; CPU plays about the same. I then bumped up the same five CPU hitting sliders to 7, and then 8, all the way to 10, and even combining in a reduction to the HUM stamina sliders. Same deal - the HUM hits better, the CPU remains roughly the same.

I have video evidence of the above, and I'm willing to stream this live.

This game is flat out amazing in terms of simulating movement, physics, and baseball in 4k. But there are two glaring issues, which sliders don't seem to have an impact on:

1. The CPU is flat. There are combinations that can be taken to get more buzz out of the CPU, but it generally comes at the expense of the HUM hitting. That makes no sense, but that's generally what happens.

Even though we have three separate game modes (Casual, Sim, and Comp), there is only one engine under the hood. It starts with Comp and all flows down hill from there.

If someone can crack this code with sliders, I'm all ears. But in reality, a lot us are tuning this game based on habitual ways that we have done for years, despite those adjustments now being defunct.

I know some will read this and dismiss it, but I encourage you to at least take it in with your own eyes. I'm thinking it will likely take a completely out of the box approach if you want to tune this game via the sliders. For one, I have found that leaving all of the global sliders (baserunner speed, fielder reaction, etc) at default produces more organic looking movements. Players start to look jerky when too many of those are moved around.

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread. I was going to post this as a separate thread, but this comment was a good place to piggyback.
Interesting. I've been struggling to find that sweet spot also. HOF hitting seems to be just right, but it's way too easy for pitching. Legend pitching seems to be harder, but the CPU does still feel a bit flat.

What are you playing on and do you use classic/directional?
Old 04-13-2023, 04:23 PM   #197
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
I disagree. I pitched with Bieber and only lasted 1.1ip 8h 8er 1bb 0k. The hot and cold streaks work the same as they always have. And idk how you figure adjusting cpu hitting sliders effect human side. Human hitting is more in user control than anything else.

If you pop in my stream, I can show you what I'm talking about. You won't, and that is fine, but if you'd like, I can demonstrate how moving up the CPU hitting sliders improves the Human hitting. This shouldn't be the case, but it is.

So many ppl are on MLB 20 nuts it's crazy. When I played it, it was the same dead flat cpu offense for me until adjusting their hitting sliders. Just like 21, 22, and 23. This game has barely changed over the last 12 years, and that's really not a bad thing.

Not clear where you are going here

I don't close my eyes when I pitch - is that what you're insinuating? Ball marker on or off is not the same as throwing with your eyes closed.

Responses posted above

MLB The Show 24 (PS5)
NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 04-13-2023 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2023, 04:25 PM   #198
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLICIT206
Interesting. I've been struggling to find that sweet spot also. HOF hitting seems to be just right, but it's way too easy for pitching. Legend pitching seems to be harder, but the CPU does still feel a bit flat.

What are you playing on and do you use classic/directional?
Hey! I am playing on HOF, with timing for hitting and classing for pitching. I tried the Legend thing, too. It didn't really get me where I wanted to go.

MLB The Show 24 (PS5)
NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 04-13-2023, 04:27 PM   #199
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3816
I've been throwing blind for years. I do have vibration on this year though. Its really not that much different. More feeling it out than a visual marker. Keeps me invested in what I am doing. Gotta breathe through your eyelids
Not saying it's wrong. But to use it as a crutch to get cpu offense to be threatening is what never made sense to me. Cause eventually you learn all the breaks of every pitch and it doesn't even matter.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-13-2023, 04:44 PM   #200
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3816
I have been playing directional/classic Legend/Legend Default Sliders and getting great results. Played most games as the Braves and I have had everything from 1-0 games, to the Cleveland Guardians beating me 13-6, to losing 14-13 in the 12th inning. I have been rotating through every pitcher on the team as well.

I do fully agree with you on changing the sliders not having the desired effect. For the last few years I have left the Pitcher Stamina Sliders at default. I have felt that bumping that up even from 5 to 6 kills the CPU offense. I'm still able to get 100+ pitch games out of my top guys. Just had 117 with Fried last night and he ran out of energy at pitch 113. Seven strong innings and left the game 3-3. The CPU has let some guys throw over 110 against me as well when I haven't hit well. Anytime I have even tested bumping the Stamina up, I have completely shut the CPU down to the point where I am not even trying to be strategic and they still can't score runs.
I also tried bumping the fielder speed down to 4 and reaction up to 6. Changed that back to default when I had a routine ground ball to Arcia's glove side and he took way too much time to get there, made a late throw on what should have been out number 3, and it looked like he was running in quick sand. I have learned over time to change as little as possible in sports games and that any change may have a majorly unintended consequence.
I have noticed over on the 2k23 boards that everyone complains about the CPU free throw Percentage ranging from poor to terrible. I am playing that game on almost default with minor adjustments ONLY to inside shots, close shots, Mid range shots, and Three point shots. The CPU shoots free throws better than the user almost every game.
I can play The Show and 2K all day and it does not have to perfectly replicate real life as long as its fun, the CPU is competitive, and game could go either way at any time. I don't mention Madden because there just isn't any hope left there.
I normally stay out of commenting on most slider threads other than my own the past few years as I always end up where I should have stayed. Default all star. But I wanted to chime in here.

You bring up a very interesting point about pitcher stamina. I have played 20 franchise games so far.

The first 5 on all star classic/directional auto fielding and manual throwing and the game felt great. I play semi clean screen. Strike zone is on and classic fade is used. But all pitch and swing feedback is off. I upped stamina for both CPU and human starter to 6 for 10 games and dominated. Then the last 5 games I went back to default sliders across the board. Where I almost always end up.

Small sample size, but the 10 games with stamina at 5 for both, the CPU took a different approach at the plate. At 6, it is almost as if they knew they couldn't tire my pitcher early so they just chased all kinds of pitches, made weaker contact, and had poorer approaches at the plate in general. Back at 5 for stamina, they started to hit better, pitch better, and just play a better game overall.

For me, my zen is now all star default. Not changing a thing. I made that mistake in 21. I was better last year but got slideritis for a while before going back to all star default. I have learned my lesson.

Playing 21 and trying to chase that unicorn made me change my whole mentality on how I approach sports games. Chase fun and not stats. The stats come naturally by having fun.

Anyway, carry on... I won't side track the thread anymore.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 04-13-2023 at 04:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »