Home

Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2023, 10:18 AM   #185
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Directional/Classic Sliders

Well I was on the receiving end of my first shutout this morning. Tarik Skubal absolutely owned me. Gave up 0 runs. 9Ks 1 BB and 2 hits allowed through 8.

Will stream tonight around 8. Game two vs Detroit. I’m 10-7 so far. My average is about .265 as a team and my team ERA is slightly below 4.00

Side note, I put user pitch control back to 5. On 6 I was above 70% strikes most games. I know quite a few people didn’t like 5…so if you like 6 obviously just stay there. It could be because I have a decent pitching staff as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 04-13-2023 at 10:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2023, 10:24 AM   #186
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Re: Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Directional/Classic Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Well I was on the receiving end of my first shutout this morning. Tarik Skubal absolutely owned me. Gave up 0 runs. 9Ks 1 BB and 2 hits allowed through 8.

Will stream tonight around 8. Game two vs Detroit. I’m 10-7 so far. My average is about .265 as a team and my team ERA is slightly below 4.00

Side note, I put user pitch control back to 5. On 6 I was above 70% strikes most games. I know quite a few people didn’t like 5…so if you like 6 obviously just stay there. It could be because I have a decent pitching staff as well.

Noticed that as well while doing a test with your sliders. I wasn’t missing my spots at all and constantly hit that strike zone which resulted in a weak cpu offense. I’ve never been a fan of raising that slider.
Old 04-13-2023, 11:20 AM   #187
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
Noticed that as well while doing a test with your sliders. I wasn’t missing my spots at all and constantly hit that strike zone which resulted in a weak cpu offense. I’ve never been a fan of raising that slider.

Yeah I moved back to 5/5 for pitching sliders. Was a much bigger fan at default.

Old 04-13-2023, 01:10 PM   #188
Pro

I’m using human control and consistency at 0 and cpu timing and contact at 10 on legend and I can still limit their offensive output using pinpoint.. perhaps time to give up using that mechanic which is really disappointing… the hardest difficulty should be HARD!
Old 04-13-2023, 01:52 PM   #189
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
I’m using human control and consistency at 0 and cpu timing and contact at 10 on legend and I can still limit their offensive output using pinpoint.. perhaps time to give up using that mechanic which is really disappointing… the hardest difficulty should be HARD!
Pinpoint is too easy to master. I actually had a harder time using meter. But I’m a classic guy all the way through.
Old 04-13-2023, 02:01 PM   #190
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Rmiok222 MLBTS 23 Legend Directional/Classic Sliders

Quote:

Yeah I used analog up until about 4-5 years ago. I gave up on it when I started like 19-0 with an ERA below 1.00 lol

Last edited by Rmiok222; 04-13-2023 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-13-2023, 02:54 PM   #191
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
There is a reason for this. The sliders are not doing what you think they are doing.

With your 0 control / consistency and 10 timing / contact, you are naturally thinking you are playing the "hardest" version. Instead, it's likely to be having an inverse effect.

Let me preface by saying that I love the way default HOF plays on this game, but like most, the CPU is flat with no punch. I bumped up the five hitting sliders to 6 for the CPU only. Game still plays great, but guess what? The Human hits even better; CPU plays about the same. I then bumped up the same five CPU hitting sliders to 7, and then 8, all the way to 10, and even combining in a reduction to the HUM stamina sliders. Same deal - the HUM hits better, the CPU remains roughly the same.

I have video evidence of the above, and I'm willing to stream this live.

This game is flat out amazing in terms of simulating movement, physics, and baseball in 4k. But there are two glaring issues, which sliders don't seem to have an impact on:

1. The CPU is flat. There are combinations that can be taken to get more buzz out of the CPU, but it generally comes at the expense of the HUM hitting. That makes no sense, but that's generally what happens.

2. There is a lack of variable outcomes. This began with MLB 21. Why? There has been a substantial paradigm shift under the hood. SDS has geared this game to those that stream online H2H and Battle Royale style play. The online players cannot have their 99 overall players have an off day. The coding is designed to ensure that doesn't happen. As a result, that off day for your ace, or no hitter for your #5 is not apt to occur. Instead, your starters will fall into a fairly close range of one anther. The same is true with your hitters.

Even though we have three separate game modes (Casual, Sim, and Comp), there is only one engine under the hood. It starts with Comp and all flows down hill from there.

If someone can crack this code with sliders, I'm all ears. But in reality, a lot us are tuning this game based on habitual ways that we have done for years, despite those adjustments now being defunct.

I know some will read this and dismiss it, but I encourage you to at least take it in with your own eyes. I'm thinking it will likely take a completely out of the box approach if you want to tune this game via the sliders. For one, I have found that leaving all of the global sliders (baserunner speed, fielder reaction, etc) at default produces more organic looking movements. Players start to look jerky when too many of those are moved around.

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread. I was going to post this as a separate thread, but this comment was a good place to piggyback.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2023, 03:13 PM   #192
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

Quote:
It really feels like using meter, pinpoint, analog, pulse pitching, or zone hitting is built for player vs player.
Directional/Classic plays great this year for player vs cpu.

similarly NBA 2k23 plays great vs cpu using real fg% but turning the meter on puts everything in favor of the player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »