Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-18-2024, 09:26 PM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

I agree with most people on here. We can always make the transactions ourselves. Keep it that way and we're all excited for this release.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:48 PM   #218
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

I sim years into the future then play so OD rosters aren't a personal priority to me. But neither is using the most up to date transactions roster either. I look beyond that and more at what rosters are best for simming into future seasons so I am in a different minority here.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-18-2024, 11:16 PM   #219
Rookie

StonewallTexan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prxblmz
Can we please make it so that all the rosters represent everything current. That would be super ideal. Especially after us waiting so long. I think its imperative to all of us that the rosters represent the MOST current and therefore the most accurate to what's happening around the league.

Like today, the Yankees claimed Taylor Trammell off waivers from the Dodgers, and even though I'm not going to be using the Yankees, I still think something of a move that minor makes a massive impact on our realism.

Love the effort with the prospects, ratings, gear/equipment, stances, pitch styles, etc... but Idk, me personally I think we would ALL LOVE it if the rosters represented the league RIGHT NOW as opposed to opening day. So much has happened in the league already.. forget injuries.. but at least the roster movement. Thats so important to me.
Please do not do this. Opening Day rosters are much more useful for franchise purposes.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:43 AM   #220
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb2314
I agree with most people on here. We can always make the transactions ourselves. Keep it that way and we're all excited for this release.
I agree, plus doing the transactions properly in the edit roster screen is almost impossible. Julio Teheran got DFA’d by the Mets and the Cubs sign him. In the edit roster screen you have to basically trade him from FA
Old 04-19-2024, 09:31 AM   #221
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prxblmz
Can we please make it so that all the rosters represent everything current. That would be super ideal. Especially after us waiting so long. I think its imperative to all of us that the rosters represent the MOST current and therefore the most accurate to what's happening around the league.

Like today, the Yankees claimed Taylor Trammell off waivers from the Dodgers, and even though I'm not going to be using the Yankees, I still think something of a move that minor makes a massive impact on our realism.

Love the effort with the prospects, ratings, gear/equipment, stances, pitch styles, etc... but Idk, me personally I think we would ALL LOVE it if the rosters represented the league RIGHT NOW as opposed to opening day. So much has happened in the league already.. forget injuries.. but at least the roster movement. Thats so important to me.
No

Because it's only three to four weeks into the season and it's not like last year where this roster and the minors came out at the start of July
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2024, 09:56 AM   #222
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
lol, do the work yourself then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly! Not like Cyclonic and his group are getting paid...it's a labor of love, let's not kill it
Old 04-19-2024, 10:19 AM   #223
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Question for the room:

When you play franchise, do you usually set lineups/rotations for the CPU manually? Like are you planning to advance to regular season and set opening day lineups/rotations for the teams?

Last year (and in years past) before release, I did a final ratings tweak to the hitting attributes so teams would have the right guys playing DH and the correct positions. This helped the CPU default lineups be more realistic (at least in terms of the correct players being in the game, not batting order necesserily).

It's a little tedious, but it does work.

Is this something people would like me to do, or are you planning to adjust lineups yourself?

Old 04-19-2024, 11:04 AM   #224
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Question for the room:

When you play franchise, do you usually set lineups/rotations for the CPU manually? Like are you planning to advance to regular season and set opening day lineups/rotations for the teams?

Last year (and in years past) before release, I did a final ratings tweak to the hitting attributes so teams would have the right guys playing DH and the correct positions. This helped the CPU default lineups be more realistic (at least in terms of the correct players being in the game, not batting order necesserily).

It's a little tedious, but it does work.

Is this something people would like me to do, or are you planning to adjust lineups yourself?

I sim to Opening Day and than use Fansgraphs to set all Lineups/Rotations and Bullpens

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »