Home

MLB 13 The Show: Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show: Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show: Road to the Show Thread

I have two RTTS guys and possibly a third that I'll be putting on my channel.

First is a Center Fielder that'll be my main guy in the Giants organization. Did pretty well so far and I'm thinking I'll spend my training points from Gamestop on him. He's meant to be an all-around guy. I want him to be the white Willie Mays but that may be pushing it!

Second is a slugger 1B that I let go to the draft and get picked by Tampa Bay. He was awesome in his first game; I made him ALL power and strength. It was an interesting difference between playing this guy and my first.

I'm excited for both and love the game so far!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #42
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5

Damn, what a start to my guys career.

Created a 1st baseman named Damien Eagle(thought that sounded cool). I was drafted by the Blue Jays btw. First 4 games, I couldn't get a hit to save my life. 5th game, I finally got it going and get 2 hits in the game. Then I hit the motherload in the 6th game on my Double AA career.

Our team was down 10-3 going into the 9th, I thought we had no shot at all. I go up to bat, and hit a single, and eventually get home to score the run. With 1 out, I'm watching the new sim screen, and I'm seeing my team just keep getting hits and scoring runs. It comes back to me again. Bases loaded, 1 out, my team down 10-8, first pitch I see is right down the middle, I crushed it out to left field for the grand slam walk-off home run.

I was pretty much flipping out. First time I ever hit walk off, let alone a walk off grand slam.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #43
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Just started mine, his name is... The Dude Lebowski
In 2 games he already had a homer and stolen base, Im trying to make him an all-around great player but mostly a power-hitting, cannon-arm speedster...
Just waiting for those RTTS points to be able to be redeemed...
Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #44
Have a V8....POWER!

EL_GABE's Arena

OVR: 4

I like that they added leaderboards...just notice my SS in rank top 3 in most of the AAA ranks =D

GT: MRDONKEYGRANDE
Old 03-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Looking forward to getting Russell Wilson a little playing time at 2B for the Mariners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just completed my 1st month in AA on HOF settings

.370 11 HR 30 RBI

What i notice is that pitchers seem to throw to many strikes so now this month im going to take down slider for strikes to see if that helps
Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 3

Dissapointed in the rosters already w RTTS. Haven't played a single game yet and checked the majors lineup (dbacks), Martin Prado is not only batting lead off, he's starting at short, and the dbacks lineup is completely out of wack.

Roster realism is the one thing that ALWAYS kills RTTS for me, so if there are issues this early I can only assume by the time I make the bigs they will be just like years past
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
how does that work in RTTS, is it randomly assigned that you are a pull hitter when you first create him, or does your timing dictate it? meaning if you start pulling most of your hits then your player is assigned PULL?
Your timing and the pitch location dictates where the ball will land and how hard you hit in that direction. The percentages of balls that land in a particular area dictates what it lists as your batting style (Balanced, Pull, Extreme Pull, Opposite, Extreme Opposite). I'm 28/29/43 while mostly batting lefty as a switch hitter so I am labeled as Pull as a lefty and Balanced as a righty. I accidentally made a Teixeira clone. I'm just waiting for the opponents to start implementing the shift on me.

Last edited by kilmar1; 03-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »