Home

Free Agents in Franchise

This is a discussion on Free Agents in Franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Free Agents in Franchise

I am currently about 25 games into my franchise, and I was curious about something. I ended up signing Jermaine Dye out of free agency, and he is turning out to be a very consistent guy for me. I'm curious to know if you guys have picked up anyone that has done well or been a disappointment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Free Agents in Franchise

I picked up Dye, Delgado and Pedro in mine, as Texas. I used Dye as trade bait along with borbon and got heyward to solidify my outfield. I started delgado to give Smoak and Davis a couple more years to develop, and so far he had 23 HR at the All-Star Break and Pedro is being Pedro of '02, has about 8 wins and an era about 3.5 era at the all star break, so i cant complain about any of that
Old 05-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

I think the developers have a soft spot for veteran players. Last year, I could barely hit with Holliday, yet Giambi was hitting balls out of the Coliseum as if it were Yankee stadium. If my franchise hadn't frozen on me, I think he would have been mvp. This year, I have Chavez batting like it is 2001. I see guys like Thome, Griffey and Papi with huge power numbers. I have to admit, it kind of makes me happy. Glad to know Dye is awesome for you guys. I came real close to picking him up in my franchise, but his asking price was a bit steep.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I picked up Smoltz for the O's - he stunk it up.
Had an era around 8 after about 8 starts.
First outing, gave up about 7 runs in 3 innings to the Rays.
His best outing, he went about 6 innings and gave up 4 runs.
Finally traded him away and brought up a no-name minor leaguer to take the 5th spot.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by God_of_Quan
I picked up Dye, Delgado and Pedro in mine, as Texas. I used Dye as trade bait along with borbon and got heyward to solidify my outfield. I started delgado to give Smoak and Davis a couple more years to develop, and so far he had 23 HR at the All-Star Break and Pedro is being Pedro of '02, has about 8 wins and an era about 3.5 era at the all star break, so i cant complain about any of that
You traded Dye and Borbon to get Heyward! You might as well have asked for McCann and Hanson too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

LOL no im not a big McCann or Hanson fan, plus my rotation si pretty solid after i went out and got Matt Garza too
Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by God_of_Quan
LOL no im not a big McCann or Hanson fan, plus my rotation si pretty solid after i went out and got Matt Garza too
I actually got Garza too. I gave up Tim Wakefield and Boof Bonser because I had a whole lot of trouble with Wake, and I ended up pitching a gem with him in my first start. He has really good stuff. Only bad thing is Pedroia tore his calf but thats been pretty much it for injuries.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
I think the developers have a soft spot for veteran players. Last year, I could barely hit with Holliday, yet Giambi was hitting balls out of the Coliseum as if it were Yankee stadium. If my franchise hadn't frozen on me, I think he would have been mvp. This year, I have Chavez batting like it is 2001. I see guys like Thome, Griffey and Papi with huge power numbers. I have to admit, it kind of makes me happy. Glad to know Dye is awesome for you guys. I came real close to picking him up in my franchise, but his asking price was a bit steep.
Yeah, when I played against the Twins I could not get Thome out for my life. And through the first month of the season Papi has 11 home runs but I have him so I cant complain. Haha. And for me, Dye has been a really good in the middle of the lineup and he had a three run home run his first at bat so he adjusted well. Sorry to hear about your 'chise freezing up btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »