Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #2553
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG13 aka DW98
Like I said, I know how the steps to make it a MC02 file but after Im done with that. I go onto the editor. Go to file. Open roster. Go to the roster Im trying to edit which is a madden 16 roster. It doesn't open for me. The editor says this is not a DB or .MC02 file. I need help. Im on PS3 so do madden 16 rosters work on the editor?
Yes it works. You need two programs. This editor and Bruteforce. I'm using Bruteforce 4.0.1 if that matters. Take your roster folder from your flash drive and drop it on your desktop. Now open Bruteforce and drag and drop the roster file onto the middle of the Bruteforce screen. Now click Decrypt PFD, choose all files. Now exit Bruteforce. There will be a pop up asking if you are sure you want to leave the file decrypted, select yes. Now open this editor and select the roster file on your desktop and it will open. After you have finished your edits, save the roster (I press the save button twice just in case) and close the editor. Go back to Bruteforce and select Encrypt PFD. Then press Verify PFD. Now press Rebuild and then put the file back on your flashdrive. You don't need to change anything to .mc02 anymore as far as I'm aware.

I don't have a PS3 so I'm not sure if those are the exact steps to putting the roster back onto the flashdrive since I only open a PS3 roster to convert it to 360 and use Horizon to put the file back onto a 360 flashdrive.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:47 PM   #2554
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
Yes it works. You need two programs. This editor and Bruteforce. I'm using Bruteforce 4.0.1 if that matters. Take your roster folder from your flash drive and drop it on your desktop. Now open Bruteforce and drag and drop the roster file onto the middle of the Bruteforce screen. Now click Decrypt PFD, choose all files. Now exit Bruteforce. There will be a pop up asking if you are sure you want to leave the file decrypted, select yes. Now open this editor and select the roster file on your desktop and it will open. After you have finished your edits, save the roster (I press the save button twice just in case) and close the editor. Go back to Bruteforce and select Encrypt PFD. Then press Verify PFD. Now press Rebuild and then put the file back on your flashdrive. You don't need to change anything to .mc02 anymore as far as I'm aware.

I don't have a PS3 so I'm not sure if those are the exact steps to putting the roster back onto the flashdrive since I only open a PS3 roster to convert it to 360 and use Horizon to put the file back onto a 360 flashdrive.
What you said is correct but after M25 the game will give you glitches/freezes if you don't fix those two additional fields/columns for M15 & up. Players will glitch like crazy or the game itself will have freezing issues if this step isn't done.

I know because I went through it myself. I had a mess with M15 trying to get the columns fixed from Excel. I finally got them right & working but it's a painful process but it will work. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-08-2017, 07:58 PM   #2555
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
What you said is correct but after M25 the game will give you glitches/freezes if you don't fix those two additional fields/columns for M15 & up. Players will glitch like crazy or the game itself will have freezing issues if this step isn't done.

I know because I went through it myself. I had a mess with M15 trying to get the columns fixed from Excel. I finally got them right & working but it's a painful process but it will work. Thanks.
M15-M17 are the same game as far as the editor is concerned. You don't need to change any columns if you are doing edits. I have edited dozens of rosters for M15, M16 and M17 using this editor and I never have to edit any columns when making simple edits.

Now if the person was taking an M16 roster and converting it to M12-M25, they would need to change two columns in order for the converted roster to be read on an older Madden. In short, if you are opening a M16 roster with this editor and wanted to say change Tom Brady to his rookie age and then load the roster on M16 on your console, you only need to follow the steps that I mentioned in the earlier post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 09:54 PM   #2556
Rookie

PG13 aka DW98's Arena

I'm getting the roster from madden 16 PS3 version. I decrypted it,selected all files, and closed bruteforce. Opened the editor and went to file clicked on open roster clicked my USERDATA.MC02 It says error-this is not a DB or MC02 file. Should I just send you guys my file.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #2557
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
I'm getting the roster from madden 16 PS3 version. I decrypted it,selected all files, and closed bruteforce. Opened the editor and went to file clicked on open roster clicked my USERDATA.MC02 It says error-this is not a DB or MC02 file. Should I just send you guys my file.
Are you still trying to use the file that you renamed with the .mc02 extension? If so, stop and follow the instructions I posted exactly. You can upload the roster to mediafire or somewhere and I can check to make sure it opens in the editor if you are still having problems. That would probably be the limit to my help though since I don't own a PS3.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #2558
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
M15-M17 are the same game as far as the editor is concerned. You don't need to change any columns if you are doing edits. I have edited dozens of rosters for M15, M16 and M17 using this editor and I never have to edit any columns when making simple edits.

Now if the person was taking an M16 roster and converting it to M12-M25, they would need to change two columns in order for the converted roster to be read on an older Madden. In short, if you are opening a M16 roster with this editor and wanted to say change Tom Brady to his rookie age and then load the roster on M16 on your console, you only need to follow the steps that I mentioned in the earlier post.
That is correct & what I meant. Going back to M25 from a newer version causes these glitches/freezes & fooling with these two newer columns. Sorry I wasn't being clear enough but this wasn't what he was asking anyhow. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-08-2017, 10:19 PM   #2559
Rookie

PG13 aka DW98's Arena

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zj1...21-ROSTER-2K18
Old 05-08-2017, 10:46 PM   #2560
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
You posted a file that has a .mc02 extension. You need to delete that file and take the working roster from your flash drive and drop it onto your desktop and follow the instructions that I posted. The editor has problems with a file that has been renamed. Basically start over from scratch with the instructions I posted. If you are still having problems please let me know.

Last edited by rplatypus; 05-08-2017 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Start Over From Scratch!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »