Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-17-2023, 07:22 PM   #297
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
It's been a lifeless game for the past few years now.

I mean the graphics are stellar every year and the gameplay has improved year by year to some extent.

But the presentation and atmosphere just goes stale on me every year after a few months. I just don't get it because we are on NG consoles and it's not presenting the game any better than what we saw back on Madden 25

I'm trying to still love this franchise but they EA continue to always come up a little short in the overall package
My brethren!
Too old school to not salute you my man

Yeah it plays a good game but it just not emmersive
BUT is the NFL STILL immersive? I think it’s changed a lot I’m shocked I don’t even know some qbs in the league I’m like “who’s dis cat on the colts?!?!?” Lol
Old 08-17-2023, 07:51 PM   #298
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

In the middle of my 2nd full game against the chiefs, I know they have an amazing offense but one thing I have noticed playing against a bad offense and now a good offense is that my defense seems slow no matter what, had that same issue the previous years to. Always a step behind, and it seems in this game (both user and cpu) that it’s too easy getting yards on offense, most tackling animations are having players slide extra yards
Old 08-17-2023, 08:24 PM   #299
Pro

OVR: 7

Based on early impressions of 24, what does it do better than 23 right now?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2023, 08:33 PM   #300
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
Tackle button mash seems gone most of the time but does come up occasionally.
Just a few quick observations:

- The pre snap "jump rope" animation by dbs and linebackers is still present. They do this little hop in place like they're skipping rope. That little bunny hop gets under my skin. I've never seen a defensive player do a bunny hop pre snap. Wish they 'd get rid of that forever.

- It'd be nice if the referees did more. Perhaps I'm misremembering. But, I swear they even threw flags in NCAA 2003. They seem like they're sleepwalking out here. It'd be nice to see them run in and signal complete or incomplete on the sidelines or tap the ground to show that the ball hit the turf (among other things).

But, then again, until they address the penalties issue, making the refs more lively won't matter much.

- Obviously there's something within the coding or the engine that negatively impacts pass rush. This is a persistent issue. Elite pass rushers are often non-factors, even against lowly rated o-lineman.

- As others have noted, presentation should be infinitely better. They don't have to look far. FIFA's crowds and announcers are awesome. Does this game even have a sideline reporter who checks in periodically?

- The replay system should reflect a tv broadcast. Nuff said.

- The spine buster tackling animation triggers too often.

- Defensive back play seemed better in the beta.

- Some suspense on fumble recoveries would be awesome. Not every fumble recovery is a clear recovery. This also ties into my earlier point about involving the refs in the action more.

- The post play animations are awesome. However, perhaps they should add something akin to an emotion rating. It's kinda silly to see players who aren't demonstrative nor showboaters doing the Griddy after they score.

- The game looks awesome in broadcast view. At the risk of sounding nonsensical, I wish there was a way to save and upload games in the broadcast view even if you played in the classic view.

That way when I watch friends games, I can watch from the broadcast view.

All in all, I like a lot of what I see from this game. They just need to tighten up a few things, add a little here, clean up a little there. This game makes me VERY VERY cautiously optimistic about EA College Football.

This is coming from someone who has bought exactly two Maddens in the last 20 years.

We'll see.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:41 PM   #301
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

If you want a realistic Franchise make sure to keep Relocation off. I did a 10 year test sim with it on and the following happened:
  • Saints and Commanders both moved to Sacramento
  • Giants moved to Albuquerque
  • Seahawks moved to San Juan
  • Titans moved to Louisville
  • Patriots moved to Memphis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2023, 08:42 PM   #302
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
Run blocking, WR catching without breaking stride, WR vs DB plays at the catch point, CPU quarterback AI, CPU ball carrier pathfinding and skill, and franchise customization are the highlights for me so far. M24 easily tops M23 in all those areas.

Which, those are all the areas that were highlight pre-release and demonstrated during the beta. No surprises, honestly.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:42 PM   #303
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Laggy menus

I think the graphics are better. Superstar is cool and not filled with bugs. I think there's a solid game here, but we'll see. None of the major franchise issues popped up until the first weekend last year so who knows what bugs we haven't uncovered yet.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:42 PM   #304
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
Just a few quick observations:

- The pre snap "jump rope" animation by dbs and linebackers is still present. They do this little hop in place like they're skipping rope. That little bunny hop gets under my skin. I've never seen a defensive player do a bunny hop pre snap. Wish they 'd get rid of that forever.

- It'd be nice if the referees did more. Perhaps I'm misremembering. But, I swear they even threw flags in NCAA 2003. They seem like they're sleepwalking out here. It'd be nice to see them run in and signal complete or incomplete on the sidelines or tap the ground to show that the ball hit the turf (among other things).

But, then again, until they address the penalties issue, making the refs more lively won't matter much.

- Obviously there's something within the coding or the engine that negatively impacts pass rush. This is a persistent issue. Elite pass rushers are often non-factors, even against lowly rated o-lineman.

- As others have noted, presentation should be infinitely better. They don't have to look far. FIFA's crowds and announcers are awesome. Does this game even have a sideline reporter who checks in periodically?

- The replay system should reflect a tv broadcast. Nuff said.

- The spine buster tackling animation triggers too often.

- Defensive back play seemed better in the beta.

- Some suspense on fumble recoveries would be awesome. Not every fumble recovery is a clear recovery. This also ties into my earlier point about involving the refs in the action more.

- The post play animations are awesome. However, perhaps they should add something akin to an emotion rating. It's kinda silly to see players who aren't demonstrative nor showboaters doing the Griddy after they score.

- The game looks awesome in broadcast view. At the risk of sounding nonsensical, I wish there was a way to save and upload games in the broadcast view even if you played in the classic view.

That way when I watch friends games, I can watch from the broadcast view.

All in all, I like a lot of what I see from this game. They just need to tighten up a few things, add a little here, clean up a little there. This game makes me VERY VERY cautiously optimistic about EA College Football.

This is coming from someone who has bought exactly two Maddens in the last 20 years.

We'll see.
The refs do signals, incomplete TD first down etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »