Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #1353
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
You would want to lower the speed parity then. The lower the setting the bigger the separation. But be for-warned that below 40 I felt I saw too many big plays.

Auto Subs are maddening. I do a lot of formation subs to make sure my back up RB get's work. As far as the CPU I do the create a coach workaround for that week and set their formation subs. But once the real life coach retires or get's fired.....it's a PITA.

It is what it is.

The most important thing for me post patch is user pass rush. And I am almost done tweaking that.

As far as interceptions. I am not seeing a problem. The ones I throw are on me except for tipped passes of course. You really have to throw to the open man. If you try to squeeze into tight windows without a top shelf QB.....you are toast. I am fine with Pass Defense Reaction at default and INT's at 35.

I am just tired of the fatigue/auto sub thing on 15 minutes quarters. I have everything except QB's and OL set to out 60 in 80 and see WR and RB subs.

Not as often as I want but I have never been able to get it right on the PS4 Maddens. I just accept it.

I am going to tinker with DL at out 50 in 55 again and see if that works well.

On long drives my WR's do sub in and out. It works fine at 60/80

So here is my current testing sliders I have tinkered with if you all care to try it out.

CPU Pass Blocking 60
CPU Run Blocking 58
False Start - 53
Fatigue outside CFM (main menu) 50
Fatigue Inside CFM 65

Auto Subs

QB 0/1
OL 0/1

Everything else at out 60 in 80
So I played a few games with the latest changes and I am kind of torn on pass block at 60. I like it foe DE and OLB but there is very little push from the DT. I may drop it a click or 2 to see if I get better results.

Also, you can keep QB and OL at 60/80. They won't sub out unless you are scrambling or doing hurry up offense most of the game.

Dropped false start to 52 and had better results. Also raised holding to 62 to potentially make up for the lack of penalties.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #1354
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I played one game of my CFM last night and had absolutely zero complaints about bugs or robo-anything. If you look at the team stats it looks pretty ugly, but this is an anomaly IMO because of how many lucky breaks I had and I also felt I played one of the best games offensively I've ever had as far as making reads and play-calling.

Anyways, here are some of the takeaways:
- Pass blocking was very good for both sides. I had 4 sacks and Oakland had 1. They got plenty of pressure (my OL is tuned towards RB, not PB) but I was able to make quick reads and get rid of the ball when necessary. My sacks came due to good coverage mostly and were a a mix of pocket pressure and Carr scrambling around.
- The CPU seems to be calling team-specific defensive coverages and alignments which creates unique experiences each time I'm on defense. In my 27-13 game vs. Houston they confused me a lot with coverages but Oakland was very easy to pick apart with plenty of Cover 4 and Cover 0. They rarely bluffed the blitz and dropped to zone. Before these settings/sliders it seemed like all teams defend everything the same so I'm loving this so far.
- Penalties were incredibly balanced. I was drawn offsides once, the CPU had two false starts, I had a couple DPI's against me, there were a couple holding calls vs. both teams. Nothing felt canned or buggy in this regard.
- Running was a grind for both teams. I've never held the CPU to 0 yards rushing and don't expect it to happen again, but in all honestly my front seven is built to stuff the run inside with excellent block-shedding with my pass-rushing OLB's (99 OVR and 90 OVR). Oakland was forced to pass a lot because of the deficit and ran around 15 or 16 times. I ran the ball about 35 times with only one long run (see video below), so I got stuffed plenty of times. I was just able to chain together first-downs to keep the ball moving which racked up the yardage stats.
- Coverage was tight and the best I'd seen from my team, but that had a lot to do with the routes Oakland was running. They did a lot of hitch/comeback with vertical combos that didn't get them much separation.
- One of the sweeter plays of the game was a screen pass by OAK that turned into a pick-6 due to the HB running into some linemen which caused the pass to go directly to my LB's chest. It looked like something that could easily happen in real life and felt organic, not pre-determined. It was just dumb luck on my part.
- Big plays were limited, but possible. The speed threshold really pops once guys are in the open field and around nearing top-speed. I was afraid with the threshold at 40 it would be like a gnat zipping around, but at "slow" speed it's totally not the case. Big plays are hard to come by, but very rewarding and feel authentic when they happen.
- Auto-subs performed well with the new adjustments. It felt realistic when guys were tired and they came back in pretty quickly.
- If I think of anything else I'll come back and edit it in. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Here is a breakdown of the boxscore for team stats:

Bonus video clip of a well-blocked and beautifully developing stretch run for a TD.

Last edited by jmik58; 10-14-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:00 PM   #1355
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
I'm running some test sims to check out player fatigue/usage. Basically the league is set up at 32 team control, with all your settings. The main thing I want to see is how team depth is being used. I turned off injuries and fatigue so it's pure sim.

The first test I ran was at 60/80 on all. I specifically looked at skill offensive positions. Backup QBs played in about 50-70 downs and got about 10 attempts. The downs are likely from FG holding. Many backup RBs got over 100 carries, Sproles went for 500 yards. Even 3rd RBs got limited action. On the Jets it was 300-105-7 in the depth chart. The 4th WR got 9 receptions but he was low end as on some teams they got as many as 20 or so.

On the second sim I went 0/1 on QBs and 75/82 on RBs (the rest still 60/80). It was much the same, there was some change as backup QBs nearly never played and the 2nd string RBs got some more rushes; a couple getting 700-800 yards.

To this point the only time backup OL seemed to play was specialized plays. They got 70-95 plays but it was the same amount for all starters and 2 backups. So on the 3rd test I went 90/80 on QBs, RBs and OL. (For the sake of sanity I just did this for the Jets)

Lo and behold...it made barely any difference, maybe a smidgen for RBs. But QBs and OL still played very little. So I went extreme 100/95 on these. Still no change. In my final test I boosted fatigue to 95 with the subs still high.

Still nothing. So what did I learn? Likely fatigue and auto subs have little or nothing to do with simming. However, because I have not read up all the established sub research it does answer the question of what I should focus on. Obviously, all the fatigue and sub settings are pre-defined either internally in the engine or controlled outside CFM. So I should just worry about how things work when the game is being played out.

So going forward, I at least don't have to worry that having the wrong sub settings are going to make the entire sim unrealistic.

Post script:
As a left ditch effort I went extreme on the sliders in the main menu to see if they affected the sim. Absolutely nothing. Good.
Interesting testing and findings. Thanks for sharing. If you are so inclined perhaps you might run the same tests, only this time run them from within the a game using super sim (for time sake run super sim at its fastest setting). I'd be curious to see if that had any effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #1356
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Interesting testing and findings. Thanks for sharing. If you are so inclined perhaps you might run the same tests, only this time run them from within the a game using super sim (for time sake run super sim at its fastest setting). I'd be curious to see if that had any effect.
I did actually do this somewhat and that's what led me to do the overall sim but to be honest I didn't treat it very scientifically. I only did play now but at the CFM settings. I also didn't check injuries off. It was lazy attempt and I can't prove too much so I'm 50/50 as to how much it affects supersim. My initial view is that at least for RBs it shows an affect. But then again as happened above it was likely the placebo affect. Maybe if I have time I'll try but i can't promise anything.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #1357
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
I did actually do this somewhat and that's what led me to do the overall sim but to be honest I didn't treat it very scientifically. I only did play now but at the CFM settings. I also didn't check injuries off. It was lazy attempt and I can't prove too much so I'm 50/50 as to how much it affects supersim. My initial view is that at least for RBs it shows an affect. But then again as happened above it was likely the placebo affect. Maybe if I have time I'll try but i can't promise anything.
Just to throw this out there I've played every single game this year in PTM mode (probably around 75ish games). It doesn't seem that autosubs make much difference at all for subbing. Fatigue is the big factor in when guys go out with auto subs being a small modifier which doesn't really work well IMO. I have seen gameplay changes based on sub settings though. That's been my take so far FWIW.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #1358
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Just to throw this out there I've played every single game this year in PTM mode (probably around 75ish games). It doesn't seem that autosubs make much difference at all for subbing. Fatigue is the big factor in when guys go out with auto subs being a small modifier which doesn't really work well IMO. I have seen gameplay changes based on sub settings though. That's been my take so far FWIW.
I'm actually fairly convinced this is the case. This is why when you see people messing with the sub frequencies they always end up have to put things at extremes to see any difference, and it's usually to shut subbing off. 60/80 works fine for all positions and from what I've seen changing the running back is the only one that can be effectively tracked. (Obviously from my sims, there are enough personnel changes to get backups in except OL).

Now there is another reason fatigue will affect subs more and in fact affect gameplay. Increasing fatigue will cause more RB subs and likely also decrease big plays. Simply because of you ramp up fatigue the access to turbo is decreased. For RBs this will pile on much quicker as it is used much more often. This is where I believe the extra subs are coming from.

So bringing this back to topic. Fatigue is likely much more important than auto subs. Finding a combination that works across the board on everybody based on RB and DL usage is nearly impossible because they are the two positions where gameplay most varies. Everybody who comes up with sliders uses a varying level of aggression (moves/turbo) when it comes to rushing on both end of the ball.

If you are going to adjust auto subs it needs to be done by watching in coach mode because the user is tainting the experiment. But 80/60 is the consensus decision and 65/50 fatigue also seems to be a consensus. Any adjustments besides those are really just play style tweaks.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:56 PM   #1359
Rookie

In addition, I would actually like to praise the developers because 1)I think in a vacuum the subbing system is working exactly as intended 2)endurance rating actually does factor in Player fatigue and subbing, this was evident in the sims. Though not at accurately dispersed as in reality, the teams that used multiple backs typically did have the most balance between 1 and 2 backs. The high endurance work horses got the higher percentage of runs.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #1360
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

As far aa auto subs everything is back to 60/80 it makes no difference.

All other changes are the same. Fatigue at 65 is money. I love Pass Blocking at 60 for the CPU and Run Blocking back to 58.

I am traveling this weekend for a baseball tournament with my son (12U Fall Nationals) so see you guys Monday.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »