Home

Matt10's Madden 24 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 24 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2023, 09:35 PM   #305
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 24 Sliders

I feel like the CPU defense animation window is too large, like tackles and PBUs initiate too far from my player. Is there anything I can tune to for that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 10:34 PM   #306
Rookie

User Defense is non existent with these sliders. CPU is unstoppable
Old 09-12-2023, 11:22 PM   #307
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

I hope it's OK for me to post my franchise games in here. I will include game stories along with highlights

I am using the All-Pro set and I played the first game of my franchise tonight, here is how it went:

TNK - NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FRANCHISE
Game #1 of Season
Philadelphia Eagles (0-0) @ New England Patriots (0-0)

1st HALF
The Eagles marched downfield on their opening drive and took a 7-0 lead when Jalen Hurts hit Quez Watkins for a 5 yard TD Pass. The Patriots were moving the ball on their first possession and were into the red zone when Zeke Elliott fumbled on his first carry as a Patriot for a bad turnover. New England was driving again and was at the Eagles 22 yard line when the 1st quarter came to an end with Philadelphia leading 7-0. Elliott would break off a 12 yard run to put the Patriots on the Eagles 9 yard line and Mac Jones would make a nice throw on the next play for a TD pass to Juju Smith-Schuster tying the game at 7-7 with 10:38 left in the 2nd quarter. The Eagles lost AJ Brown to injury on the ensuing drive but would move the chains a few times before their drive stalled as the Patriots defense forced Philly to settle for a 40 yard FG by Jake Elliott putting Philadelphia up 10-7 with under 7:00 left in the 2nd quarter. The defenses for both teams were playing well as the score remained 10-7 into the final 2:00 of the first half. The Eagles put together a nice drive and were at the Patriots 7 yard line in the closing seconds of the half. The New England defense came up with a big play as Hurts would hit Dallas Goedert with a pass but 3 Patriots defenders would converge to stop him short at the 1 yard line with 0:04 left causing the Eagles to use their final timeout and settle for a chip shot FG sending the game to halftime with the Eagles leading the Patriots 13-7

INJURIES - AJ Brown (PHI / Strained Tricep) & Matthew Judon (NE / Broken Ribs) have both been ruled out for the remainder of the game

2nd HALF
The Patriots received to begin the 2nd half and went 3 & out before the Eagles would also punt the ball away. New England got to midfield before they were forced to punt again after Jones just missed an open Kayshon Boutte on a crossing pattern. The Eagles took over at their own 20 yard line and Adrian Phillips would strip Hurts on an option play with Josh Uche recovering the fumble for New England to set up the Patriots with the ball on the Eagles 19 yard line after the turnover. The Patriots had 3rd & goal from the 3 yard line and Jones would hit Smith-Schuster on a quick slant for his 2nd TD of the game putting New England up 14-13. The Eagles appeared to convert a 3rd & 1 on a hand off to De'Andre Swift but Cam Jurgens was called for holding to set up 3rd & 10 and Marcus Jones jumped a come back route by Zaccheus and intercepted the pass for another turnover. The Patriots took over and began the drive at the Eagles 31 yard line and Jones would hit Boutte over the middle setting up 1st & goal from the 8 for the Patriots. The Pats came out in shotgun on 2nd & goal from the 3 yard line and Zeke Elliott would run it in for his first TD as a Patriot giving New England a 21-13 lead with under 3:00 left in the 3rd quarter. The Patriots defense came up with another big stop as Juwan Bentley stuffed Swift on 3rd & 2 forcing the Eagles to punt. The Patriots punted right back to the Eagles as the 3rd quarter came to a close with New England leading 21-13

Deatrich Wise got to Hurts for a big sack setting up a 3rd & long for the Eagles and the Patriots coverage was good and Hurts was forced to throw the ball away and Philly would punt the ball back to the Patriots with around 10:00 left in the game. The Patriots were moving the ball when Reed Blankenship stepped in front of a pass from Jones to DeVante Parker for a big interception giving the Eagles the ball at midfield trailing by 8 points with 8:01 to play. The Eagles were unable to capitalize on the turnover as the New England defense got to Hurts for a 4 yard loss on 2nd down and Josh Uche had great pressure on the 3rd down play flushing Hurts out of the pocket where Christian Barmore sacked him forcing the Eagles to punt the ball away with 7:02 remaining. The Patriots were able to chew up some clock after they picked up a pair of first downs on the ground with Stevenson and Elliott before Josh Sweat would get to Jones for a big sack on 3rd down and the Patriots were forced to punt. The Eagles took over on their own 19 yard line trailing 21-13 with 2:46 remaining. Hurts connected on the first play of the drive with Goedert for a 25 yard reception out to their own 44 yard line. Hurts hit Swift out of the backfield to pickup a 1st down and we would reach to two minute warning setting up what should be a thrilling finish as the Patriots were leading 21-13 with 2:00 remaining and the Eagles driving as they were now at the Patriots 45 yard line. The Eagles were going no huddle and Hurts hit Zaccheus and Swift to move the ball to the Patriots 19 yard line with just over 1:00 left and 3 timeouts. Hurts would throw incomplete on 2nd & 9 to set up a big 3rd & 9 play with 0:58 left. Hurts would get great protection up front and throw a strike to Quez Watkins over the middle for a 19 yard TD pass making it 21-19 with 0:51 remaining and the Eagles would have a chance to tie with a two point conversion. The game was on the line as the Eagles and Patriots lined up for a two point conversion attempt by Philly who came out in the shotgun spread formation and Hurts would take the snap but New England brought the house on the blitz which opened up a clean lane for rookie DL Keion White who had a clear path to Hurts for a huge sack as the Eagles fail to convert and the Patriots had a 21-19 lead. The Eagles lined up for an onside kick but were unsuccessful as Jahlani Tavai secured the ball for New England who took over with 0:50 remaining. The Eagles had all 3 of their timeouts but Stevenson ran the ball on 1st down and Elliott would pickup 13 yards on 2nd down to move the chains and allow Mac Jones to kneel a couple times as the final seconds ticked away in what was a thriller in week 1 as the Patriots make a statement with a 21-19 win over the defending NFC Champions

HIGHLIGHTS

INJURY REPORT
* The Patriots had both Matthew Judon and Michael Onwenu go down with injuries in the game. Judon is out for 4 weeks with broken ribs and Onwenu suffered a broken collarbone that will sideline him for 7 weeks

* The Eagles lost DeVonta Smith to injury with a foot fracture that will keep him out for 6 weeks

New England Patriots
PosPlayerInjury Note
OLBMatthew JudonBroken Ribs (4 Weeks)
RFMichael OnwenuBroken Collarbone (7 Weeks)

Philadelphia Eagles
PosPlayerInjury Note
WRDeVonta SmithFoot Fracture (6 Weeks)

NOTES
* Mac Jones was efficient going 15 of 23 for 154 yards with 2 TD passes and 1 INT

* Rhamondre Stevenson (69 yards) and Ezekiel Elliott (60 yards & 1 TD) combined for an effective ground game for New England

* Juju Smith-Schuster had a solid Patriots debut catching 4 balls for 45 yards & 2 TD

* The Patriots will remain at home for Week 2 as the Miami Dolphins come to Gillette Stadium for a AFC East battle on Sunday Night Football. The Dolphins are 0-1 after getting blown out 42-7 by the Chargers in LA
Old 09-13-2023, 04:08 AM   #308
Rookie

nexuskk4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsartist
User Defense is non existent with these sliders. CPU is unstoppable
same for me. Nearly no chance to stop the CPU - 3rd and 34 and they got it...

with Version 5 i got a stops and close games
Old 09-13-2023, 09:22 AM   #309
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexuskk4
same for me. Nearly no chance to stop the CPU - 3rd and 34 and they got it...

with Version 5 i got a stops and close games
It's not the sliders, it's the most recent patch (1.004). The game played much tighter on 1.003; defense was prevalent, there were less automatic plays by the CPU QBs, and less elastic comeback drives when they need to "turn it on". I play default AM, and the change in gameplay between the two patches is noticeable.

This is typical for EA at this point. The MUT folks cry bc they can't pick off 4 passes a game for pick sixes, or when they cannot complete 80% of their passes at 10 YPA, with 6 TDs. That's the sad reality for those of us that want a realistic playing game of competitive simulation style football. They whine, EA listens. Follow the money trail. Rinse, wash, repeat, new cycle.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 09-13-2023 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:14 AM   #310
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren The Conqueror
It's not the sliders, it's the most recent patch (1.004). The game played much tighter on 1.003; defense was prevalent, there were less automatic plays by the CPU QBs, and less elastic comeback drives when they need to "turn it on". I play default AM, and the change in gameplay between the two patches is noticeable.

This is typical for EA at this point. The MUT folks cry bc they can't pick off 4 passes a game for pick sixes, or when they cannot complete 80% of their passes at 10 YPA, with 6 TDs. That's the sad reality for those of us that want a realistic playing game of competitive simulation style football. They whine, EA listens. Follow the money trail. Rinse, wash, repeat, new cycle.

Off topic didn’t you used to be raider ren, used to use your sliders all the time many maddens ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2023, 10:31 AM   #311
Rookie

nexuskk4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren The Conqueror

yeah I understand...but for Dudes like me, which dont play online its not cool
so I need a solution or sliders for this problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2023, 02:05 PM   #312
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
I don't see how yall handle playing with teams on the lower end in terms of QBs and receivers. Between misthrows from Ridder, 8 drops (id say 5 of which were just straight drops with no contact), and a solid pass D, I struggle to barely complete 50 percent of passes in a game without throwing at least 70% of my passes to running backs and TEs.

Feels like another year of hell of decimating any all-pro set and just raging trying to tweak madden sets
IRL last week, I think Ridder didnt throw one time to their #1 WR London lol It was all TE and RB for him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »