Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Adds Oak Hill Country Club, Camera Views and Much More - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Adds Oak Hill Country Club, Camera Views and Much More - Patch Notes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2023, 08:42 PM   #41
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA PGA Tour: Season 2 Launching Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan
I fear I'm going to be going back to playing Tiger Woods 14 again, because there's just not enough variety of courses in this game. I think it's a great game, but needs more courses. I'm willing to buy DLC for more courses, like I did with TW14. I was genuinely hoping for more than one extra course in this "big" update.
Personally I feel 30 (35 by end of year) is plenty of variety, but having 40+ available in TW14 was nice. Although I didn't get all of them before they pulled the plug on DLC so I can't take full advantage of it.

I think there's pros and cons to the DLC way and the live service way, the DLC way gives options for people to buy more if they want but it cost >$100 to get all courses on the game which is a lot. And locking the first leg of the FedEx Cup playoffs (Bethpage) behind a DLC unless you pre-ordered from a specific site was kinda crappy. Thankfully they didn't put any DLC courses in the major rotations, but on the flip side it would've been nice to have Whistling Straits and Bethpage be free and on the rotations.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2023, 08:55 PM   #42
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
I had no idea you could get those Steam stats, thanks.

So that's just for PC/Steam, 21k units ya? Console sales have to be much more than that ya?
It's honestly not that concerning. This game is one of the few PC games that buying on Steam is not the prefered way to purchase.

So this doesn't include EA app purchased versions which consists not only outright purchases but people that play through EA Play Pro subscription. A lot of people that play sports games on PC have an EA play pro subscription cause it's such a sick deal.

Not saying that sales are astronomically better than what steam is showing. The game most certainly isn't a sales chart topper but I bet that it falls into what was expected and it's not bad.

Golf season is just ramping up in a lot of North America and if they keep adding and improving things will tick up.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:59 PM   #43
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
It's honestly not that concerning. This game is one of the few PC games that buying on Steam is not the prefered way to purchase.

So this doesn't include EA app purchased versions which consists not only outright purchases but people that play through EA Play Pro subscription. A lot of people that play sports games on PC have an EA play pro subscription cause it's such a sick deal.

Not saying that sales are astronomically better than what steam is showing. The game most certainly isn't a sales chart topper but I bet that it falls into what was expected and it's not bad.
I think the more alarming stats are the active players. 21K players have bought the game thru Steam, but the peak number of players in the last 24 hours is 484? Means not many people are still playing the game, just one month after release. Just for comparison's sake, that same site says the peak number of PC players on PGA 2K23 in the last 24 hours is 2,336...

I think that EA number will climb after tomorrow's update, but for how long? Will be interesting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Golf season is just ramping up in a lot of North America and if they keep adding and improving things will tick up.
I actually think the nice weather and golf season starting means it will be harder for the game to get traction. People here by me in America's Dairyland/The Frozen Tundra want to be outside, since we can't leave the house for 6 months out of the year.

Again, will be interesting to watch.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-15-2023 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:10 PM   #44
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I think the more alarming stats are the active players. 21K players have bought the game thru Steam, but the peak number of players in the last 24 hours is 484? Means not many people are still playing the game, just one month after release. Just for comparison's sake, that same site says the peak number of PC players on PGA 2K23 in the last 24 hours is 2,336...

I think that EA number will climb after tomorrow's update, but for how long? Will be interesting to see.

I actually think the nice weather and golf season starting means it will be harder for the game to get traction. People here by me in America's Dairyland/The Frozen Tundra want to be outside, since we can't leave the house for 6 months out of the year.

2 very good points.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:17 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I think the more alarming stats are the active players. 21K players have bought the game thru Steam, but the peak number of players in the last 24 hours is 484? Means not many people are still playing the game, just one month after release. Just for comparison's sake, that same site says the peak number of PC players on PGA 2K23 in the last 24 hours is 2,336....

It seems most went back to the HB/2K game. No surprise, it's a better golf sim, specially for picky golfers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2023, 11:00 PM   #46
MVP

jbd345's Arena

Stoked for oak hill. First time I think I’ll get to play a course then get to walk it a few days later. Super excited for the first round. Sunny and low 70’s here in Rochester, perfect golf weather.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:41 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 0

Now THAT is very cool to hear! Cheers! Let us know your thoughts.
Old 05-16-2023, 01:16 AM   #48
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

the 3click meter mark is misreading power distance on chips, it goes way beyond the distance shown.

Also the 3click meter on short puts is designed to give you no time, you can't see the movement of the meter before you go past the mark causing you to overhit your short puts, every time.

Another thing i can't believe a PC release has no mouse click, who thought that was a good idea?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »