Home

A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-28-2021, 05:22 PM   #1857
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

A legend returns. Happy your back cheese
Old 12-07-2023, 12:54 AM   #1858

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
The Future and Other Musings

Author's Note:
Hello all. Wow, it has been a long time. As you can see if you peruse this thread once upon a time I used to be a very active poster and chiser. Chising (do we still use that term or am I showing my age?) used to be a huge part of my life and something I enjoyed. Escaping into our own little world of coaching on the forever frozen gridirons...it was..not to be overly grandiose...magical.

And then life happens, we move, we become engaged, we start focusing on families and careers and we watch as our lone Xbox 360 gathers dust in our den a long forgotten paperweight underneath the DirecTV receiver.

As life settles in, I find myself developing that itch, firing up the Xbox and wanting to continue the epic quest and the reports and the team building. And here I find myself, once again reading through this report and reading to resurrect Coach Clayton and continue on his career.

The question is not at this point will I get back into chising but how. So I ask this of the collective audience, what would be more intriguing do we pick up our story here with Coach Clayton trying to build EMU into a consistent Big Ten title contender or do we turn back the clock to 2011 and restart a new dynstay in NCAA '12 at a different school?

I can see pros and cons to each and have storylines bubbling over for either. Curious to hear opinions.

I hope everyone is well. It is so very good to be home.

Always my best.

-Cheese2121

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 12-07-2023, 10:59 AM   #1859
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Future and Other Musings

So glad you are looking to get back into this. I really enjoyed reading your journey.

I do not have strong feelings on what would be more fun. There's still a lot left to do and to prove at EMU, but I also understand if the long break you've taken has given you new exciting ideas that could make for an even better story based on something fresh.

I just get filled with joy anytime an old school 'chiser shows back up, so I guess my answer is: which approach would be the most sustainable for you and keep you interested in posting?
Old 12-08-2023, 04:13 PM   #1860
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Cheese, I am happy to hear all is well. I'm a long time lurker, loved seeing your updates in this.

If I were to vote - I would say let's continue on this journey...but I'm just one dude
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 12-12-2023, 07:41 AM   #1861

Cheese2121's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
So glad you are looking to get back into this. I really enjoyed reading your journey.

I do not have strong feelings on what would be more fun. There's still a lot left to do and to prove at EMU, but I also understand if the long break you've taken has given you new exciting ideas that could make for an even better story based on something fresh.

I just get filled with joy anytime an old school 'chiser shows back up, so I guess my answer is: which approach would be the most sustainable for you and keep you interested in posting?
Thank you for the great reply and feedback. It definitely feels good to be getting back into chising after all this time. Currently I am still undecided about whether to continue on here with EMU or start something fresh.

To me I think the struggle with continuing this is the amount of time that has passed. I forget many of the storylines I was building and developing and my heart isn't in the players like it once was. Also there were statistics and NFL storylines that I wanted to build along this (essentially importing draft classes and simming along on Madden '12) that I wasnt able to do fully because I botched it the first few seasons. Later years were done correctly.

So in that light I am probably leaninging towards a fresh start where I can do things correctly the way. But still mulling it all in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
Cheese, I am happy to hear all is well. I'm a long time lurker, loved seeing your updates in this.

If I were to vote - I would say let's continue on this journey...but I'm just one dude
Good to hear from you man and happy for the feedback. I am glad you have enjoyed the journey and the story. Still mulling what comes next for Coach Clayton but it feels good knowing there will be something more no matter what form it will take.

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2023, 04:24 PM   #1862
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

Someone pick my jaw up from off the floor! Start something new so we can follow from the beginning fresh would be my vote. Looking forward to this!
Old 12-12-2023, 04:52 PM   #1863
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Cheese, great to see you back here... glad we have had the same urge, haha. I agree, it's definitely fun to pick up where you left off depending on how close you are to reaching your goals it can feel unfinished... but starting something new could be the move as well.

I know with CFB 2024 supposedly coming out next year, if you're someone who will dive into that then you could play this out until that point, but if you are on NCAA 12 for the long haul then starting a new dynasty could give you that desire to build a whole new story!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 12-21-2023, 02:08 AM   #1864

Cheese2121's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Someone pick my jaw up from off the floor! Start something new so we can follow from the beginning fresh would be my vote. Looking forward to this!
Haha thank you my friend. Definitely leaning more towards a fresh start at this point. I will probably take the rest of the holidays to finalize the decision and start some preliminary writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Cheese, great to see you back here... glad we have had the same urge, haha. I agree, it's definitely fun to pick up where you left off depending on how close you are to reaching your goals it can feel unfinished... but starting something new could be the move as well.

I know with CFB 2024 supposedly coming out next year, if you're someone who will dive into that then you could play this out until that point, but if you are on NCAA 12 for the long haul then starting a new dynasty could give you that desire to build a whole new story!
Moose! Great to hear from you my old friend. Definitely getting that itch to re-enter the gridiron world of chising again. I will for certain be sticking with NCAA '12 at this point and am thinking a fresh start would be just the thing I need. Would love to start a new chapter. Thank you so much for checking in man!

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »