Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #11713
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

The Babadook

Horror films involving a creepy *** 6 year old so you it's spooky.

Green Room

I don't know why a movie about a punk rock band held captive at a white supremacist compound being extremely violent surprised me, but it did. Some real cringe worthy moments. R.I.P. Anton Yelchin.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #11714
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

The Lobster- Weirdest damn movie I think I've ever seen. Some funny parts though.

Nerve- Thought this was gonna be stupid, but strangely I enjoyed it. Mostly entertaining throughout. That'd be a cool game, if it was real.

Jason Bourne- Prolly the worst of the Matt Damon Bourne movies, better than the other one. Still entertaining.

Last edited by CC; 01-05-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #11715
Rookie

Maxwhite14's Arena

OVR: 0

Bronson (Tom Hardy)

Great flick, worth the 5 bucks it cost to buy in the ps store..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #11716
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Finally got around to seeing The Hateful Eight. At this point, you pretty much know what to expect from Tarantino, and this is a Tarantino flick. That being said, I'm a fan, so of course I enjoyed it. I thought the score was really good too.

Saw Rogue One recently too. I really enjoyed it, probably as much as The Force Awakens. Even though you more or less already know the story, I still got really invested in the characters and what they were trying to accomplish. Has me looking forward even more to Episode VIII.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #11717
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

These are advance screening opportunities I have within the next week plus. There is one conflict though:

Live By Night
The Bye Bye Man/Patriots Day
Split

As you can see, there is a time conflict between The Bye Bye Man and Patriots Day. I think I'd rather see the latter, but I wanted your opinions if you have heard about either film yet.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #11718

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Who knows if I've seen it since my last post in this thread about it in 2013(wouldn't be surprised if I did), but decided to re-watch the Harry Potter series over the past week or so. I think it's also first time doing so since Alan Rickman (Snape) died.

It'll never get old for me. Still hate how the book came out years before the movie, so everyone I knew who read the books, spoiled it for me before the movies came out. But 10 years of the movie being such a relevant thing, speculating with friends/family throughout the entire 10+ years about every topic in the series, I miss those days. Sure, they have the new series out, but it's still nothing like the Harry Potter series itself. Anytime I hear that music from the movie, I get all nostalgic.

There's lots of great movies out there and all that I love, but this series just has that extra special feeling for me. Decades from now, I can see myself still watching the movies from time to time.

Last edited by Majingir; 01-08-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:56 AM   #11719
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
These are advance screening opportunities I have within the next week plus. There is one conflict though:

Live By Night
The Bye Bye Man/Patriots Day
Split

As you can see, there is a time conflict between The Bye Bye Man and Patriots Day. I think I'd rather see the latter, but I wanted your opinions if you have heard about either film yet.
I have heard so many different things about Patriots day. I have heard it was a great movie to a good movie to something that never should be made. And the feeling around Boston is that it was released too close to the attacks about 4 years ago. I hate 99.9% of what Barstool does but here's a good description of the movie (note it obviously comes from a Bostonian's POV.). http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston...damn-powerful/

I'm personally going to wait and it see later as it does still hit home a little bit that this all happened and I don't want to see it all unfold, again, at this moment. I mean I remember this day so vividly and remember exactly where I was and what I did that whole day. Kinda like most with the terrorist attacks on 9/11; I don't remember that day because I was young at the time.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:31 AM   #11720
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd rather see Live by Night. But, I pretty much have hated Wallyburger in any role hes done outside of Sargeant Digby.

Edit: misread. Bye bye man looks like trash to me.

Last edited by CC; 01-08-2017 at 08:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »