Home

Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

This is a discussion on Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2024, 09:56 PM   #16489
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

Drake just need to rap rap. He still trying to make hip hop pop hits, while Kendrick is rapping rapping. Drake need a Canadian anthem type of beat diss track that all of Canada can get behind. That last diss KDot dropped was so west coast that the entire west coast is standing behind it like it is their new national anthem type of vibe.

Also nobody going to believe you planted some lies. Because why on Earth would you plant you might be a pedophile, that just sound stupid and career ending with all your sponsors and corporate world connects. Allegations can make you lose it all quickly, no sane person would play with fire like that.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:46 AM   #16490
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

What the hell is a Canadian Anthem??? Lmao

Don’t really care about the receipts for every thing being said. Not one time have I ever listened to diss records and the first thing I thought of was “Hold on, lemme check to see if it’s legit and confirmed before I can enjoy it” lol. Same with the thinkpieces from folks.

This whole thing has been entertaining. One thing this has confirmed for me is that I’m glad Social Media was not around during the Street Wars Era of the 00s because folks would not be able to handle THOSE songs that were dropping at the time. Folks would’ve said 50 was going too far with his ****
Old 05-06-2024, 11:22 AM   #16491
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Social media has made the whole thing so weird. As a fan of both it’s interesting to see the references they make. Kendrick talking about Drake ****ing Wayne’s girl when he was in jail, which they’ve talked about before, Wayne was messing with a girl that Drake had already been with so he told him. Then Drake referencing a Kendrick song, completely misunderstanding what Kendrick said, and dedicating a bunch of bars to it.

Kendrick’s people saying Drake waving the white flag so it might be over but I need at least one more, this can’t be the end.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2024, 12:49 PM   #16492
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

remove the tea and gossip from both, from a lyrical standpoint, Kendrick easily won this beef battle. I too want more though from Kendrick, he basically making an entire diss album that is better than his last actual album.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:24 PM   #16493
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

I will give Drake credit though as he did hold his own in it. Like this isn’t no 50/Ja Rule situation where Ja was pretty much done as far as popularity/sales goes at THAT time. Drake won’t be dead, he’ll still have his large number of fans.

Just gonna be weird that song getting the most play outside will be the one calling him a pedo lol. I’m also not surprised at him possibly waving the white flag, not for this but mainly for $$$ reasons especially with Sponsors.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:56 PM   #16494
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I will give Drake credit though as he did hold his own in it. Like this isn’t no 50/Ja Rule situation where Ja was pretty much done as far as popularity/sales goes at THAT time. Drake won’t be dead, he’ll still have his large number of fans.

Just gonna be weird that song getting the most play outside will be the one calling him a pedo lol. I’m also not surprised at him possibly waving the white flag, not for this but mainly for $$$ reasons especially with Sponsors.
True, he really needs to learn to keep his issues/'beefs' about music and not all the gossipy ****.

This is the second time he lost a battle, cause he thought he could slickly drop shade about a dude's lady.

He's far too arrogant and narcissistic for that to happen, though.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 05-07-2024, 10:37 AM   #16495
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

I’m giving it to Kendrick in a landslide. I love Drake so hearing him rap didn’t surprise me. I think it’s part of what people have been saying for so long, it’s almost oversaturated. Anything he drops feels like more of the same, Kendrick’s absence really did make his stuff feel fresh. I think Drake really failed with his beats. Not that they’re bad, they just don’t do much for me. Then the one that did I didn’t like the raps.

Favorite Beats:
Like That
Meet the Grahams
Heart Part 6

Favorite Verses:
Spoiler

Song Rankings:
Euphoria
Meet the Grahams
Not Like Us
Family Matters
6:16 in LA
Taylor Made Freestyle
Heart Part 6
Push Ups

Kendrick is so good at using his voice to add to the story, the way he turns up at the end of MTG, or the hyper LA accent he puts on for NLU, all of Euphoria. You’re battling his bars, his energy, his flow, his vocal inflections, he’s just going crazy.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

Last edited by DieHardYankee26; 05-07-2024 at 10:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2024, 12:29 PM   #16496
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
True, he really needs to learn to keep his issues/'beefs' about music and not all the gossipy ****.

This is the second time he lost a battle, cause he thought he could slickly drop shade about a dude's lady.

He's far too arrogant and narcissistic for that to happen, though.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
That’s the thing though: most of these beefs are usually based on gossip/hearsay in some form. In other cases, it’s over a woman. We just don’t/didn’t give a damn lol.

Personally, I could give a damn if what either of them are saying is 100% true or not. Rappers are actually rapping, the bars and bar-ing and for me that’s enough. Seeing folks crash out over either of these 2 has been lame enough in addition to the whole “You see, he planted that and I’m going to break it down to you as to why he did” BS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »