Home

NHL 20 Gameplay Video - Washington Capitals vs. St. Louis Blues (Full Game)

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Gameplay Video - Washington Capitals vs. St. Louis Blues (Full Game) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #33
Nak Muay

pslieber's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 20 Gameplay Video - Washington Capitals vs. St. Louis Blues (Full Game)

I rarely post critical comments on this site, but am in agreement with pretty much everyone here. This is the same darn game as NHL 19...warts and all.

I’ll buy it for the updated rosters and classic teams, but this is a shameful effort. There’s no way EA isn’t aware they re-packaged the same title. There’s got to be a massive patch (physics/AI) coming, right guys?!
Old 09-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslieber
I rarely post critical comments on this site, but am in agreement with pretty much everyone here. This is the same darn game as NHL 19...warts and all.

I’ll buy it for the updated rosters and classic teams, but this is a shameful effort. There’s no way EA isn’t aware they re-packaged the same title. There’s got to be a massive patch (physics/AI) coming, right guys?!
More like a massive HUT patch!!!! This is the reality of this series, is living for the HUT players.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #35
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
More like a massive HUT patch!!!! This is the reality of this series, is living for the HUT players.
Yes....historically patches do more damage to the offline experience than good. Usually the patches tend to assist the online cheesers who whine for a month after releases that they can’t dangle with the puck all day until they score a cheese goal.

It’s been one of my chief complaints about this game. When EA makes a tuner or a patch it fixes one thing breaks another. It needs separate tuners and patches for online and offline.....but who are we kidding EA doesn’t give a rats *** about us offline gamers, in fact they despise us because we know hockey and call them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslieber

Yeah, they are perfectly aware.
That's why there is no roster share in this game. And probably never will.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #37
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
That felt like NHL Hitz commentary*
Old 09-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 10

Wow, Im glad I don' bother buying NHL anymore and that I went back to playing older PC NHLs and 2K.

The commentary is cartoonish, like early sports games cartoonish, the gameplay is a polished version of the same thing it's been since the first current gen version, the "camera" work is so unlike anything on television so that's obviously something they're not trying to recreate anymore (gosh, even Madden looks better now) and all the characters look like lifeless zombies. NHL2K8's on ice animations were this bad/lifeless but it had gameplay that saved it. Anyway, to each his or her own, I'm sure lots of people will love it, but I won't be switching any time soon from community created updated rosters for older games.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:39 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Wow, Im glad I don' bother buying NHL anymore and that I went back to playing older PC NHLs and 2K.

The commentary is cartoonish, like early sports games cartoonish, the gameplay is a polished version of the same thing it's been since the first current gen version, the "camera" work is so unlike anything on television so that's obviously something they're not trying to recreate anymore (gosh, even Madden looks better now) and all the characters look like lifeless zombies. NHL2K8's on ice animations were this bad/lifeless but it had gameplay that saved it. Anyway, to each his or her own, I'm sure lots of people will love it, but I won't be switching any time soon from community created updated rosters for older games.
The replay angles are really bad and nothing like on TV. There are even replays where the camera is sliding on the ice apparently controlled by an invisible short cameraman
Old 09-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #40
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
That felt like NHL Hitz commentary*
Oh that's insulting to "Jim Kitro" my friend! He was way better!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »