Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-19-2017, 10:53 AM   #1865
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
The more I thought about an 8 team playoff the more I knew I wanted to do it. I'm in week 12 of 2030 so I decided to experiment to make sure it would work. It did so I'm gonna use it for this year.

I took my 2029 save at the beginning of bowl season and used that to experiment with. I ended up trying the setup you laid out except I'll just use the BCS rankings to determine the at larges (I'll use 1 guaranteed mid major like you too). I love how the CCGs (I have a CCG for all conferences except the Sun Belt) have a ton more emphasis with this setup. In my test, #7 and #8 didn't make the playoffs because they didn't win the conference and weren't high enough for an at large (#9 FIU got the mid major's bid and #10 Navy won the ACC over #7 PSU and #8 Auburn).

I ended up with this setup:
QUARTERS:
East Regional Playoff: (8)Navy @ (1)Rutgers - Navy won 31-17
West Regional Playoff: (5)Baylor @ (4)Utah - Baylor won 35-16
South Regional Playoff: (7)FIU @ (2)Florida - Florida won 31-21
Midwest Regional Playoff: (6)Syracuse @ (3)Mich - Mich won 54-20

SEMIS:
Rose: (8) Navy @ (5) Baylor - Baylor won 24-21
Orange: (3) Michigan @ (2) Florida - Michigan won 35-21

FINALS:
BCSNCG: (5) Baylor @ (3) Michigan

In these 2 pics you can see that Michigan played in 3 "bowl" games (I renamed the 1st rounders to Regional Playoff).
You can also see that Baylor played 16 games (they played in a CCG and 3 playoff games).
Spoiler

In this one you can see that the stats were correct because 3950 yds / 246.8 YPG = 16 games
Spoiler

I'm definitely gonna go with an 8 team playoff from here on out, starting with my current season. It makes the postseason waaaaay more exciting.

The only thing I have left to do is to decide my bowl tie ins to make replacing teams the least painful. I'm considering 2 main approaches:
1. Assign 5 BCS conference champs to the regional games and assign 4 crappy teams to the 2 BCS bowls that'll be the semifinals for this year. This way I'll only have to move 3 teams from the quarterfinals (to make room for the at larges) and 4 teams that'll lose their bowl games will already be in the semifinals, which'll have to be moved anyway. I could also try assigning 2 other crappy teams to the BCSNCG, but I'm not sure if that'll work.

2. Keep the 5 BCS champs in the BCS bowls and assigning the crappy bids to the quarterfinal bowls. If I did this I'd have to swap out every team for the quarterfinals, but the teams I'd be swapping would already be teams that I'd probably want to lose their bids.
I'm new to NCAA 14 after taking a break to attend to my wife having our first child when the game came out. In excited to see all this modding going on. I've been scouring all the modding threads, videos and have gotten just about everything I wanted to work to this point. Some good work here by pocketScout, yengator, mjaven, jello, xan, and others. You guys rock.

One question I have is for the 8 team playoff, when you get to the semi finals and beyond is it necessary to replace the winners of the quarter finals with the placeholder teams? What happens if we try to save effort by bypassing that step and having the winners appear in the schedule multiple times?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #1866
Rookie

bryan_nelson88's Arena

OVR: 0

Can there only be a certain amount of 6*, 5*, 4* etc prestige teams? Every time I try to edit certain teams who are too high or too low it always ends up making me exit out of the editor.

Anyone tried doing this before?
Old 12-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #1867
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey I have downloaded the editor and the modio app. I tried pulling over my rosters in week 8, all I want to do is make players leave early. It keeps giving me a error message saying the db editor is trying to load the file but can't and if I want to continue to try I can and if I hit quit it will shut down the app.

Can anyone throw me a bone?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #1868
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_nelson88
Can there only be a certain amount of 6*, 5*, 4* etc prestige teams? Every time I try to edit certain teams who are too high or too low it always ends up making me exit out of the editor.

Anyone tried doing this before?
i have had 0 problems changing team prestige
Old 12-23-2017, 05:02 PM   #1869
Rookie

Whats up everybody? I saw a post about bowl bans and scholarship deductions. Does anyone know where I can find a list of teams with restrictions and bowl bans by year? I know ole miss is banned for 2017 and I believe 2018 as well. I am looking for 2013-2016

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #1870
Just started!

Does this process still work? i was able to download the Generic editor but not the Modio3.0 when i click that link to download it says something to the fact that the file is unavailable to download. Is there another way to download a current season onto ncaa football 14 on xbox 360 i was able to dl current rosters but i want the schedule as well.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #1871
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

hey just curious if anyone has figured out if you can move coaches with the editor? i would like to move coaches to the correct team in my dynasty if that is possible. i am going to try a couple things and see if it works. was just wondering if anyone has already done that.

update: i found out how to change the coaches position just not the team they coach.
go to coaches tab:
0-head coach
1-off cord
2-def cord

Last edited by falcor1234; 01-01-2018 at 09:33 AM. Reason: found more information
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #1872
Rookie

Some of you may already know this and if so just ignore. If not , I hope this helps. If you play to bowl week and want to do BCS Championship or playoff and teams that you don't want are in 1-4, you can go to team data tab in editor and change their bcs ranking

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »