Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-16-2016, 10:18 PM   #1585
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You can add them with the editor. In my dynasty I replaced UAB w/ Charlotte.

You can edit all of the information for them with the editor (school, nickname, location, historical win/loss record, stadium capacity, etc, etc).

Attachment 128986

And they'll show up perfectly fine in game. Here's what they look like in 2022 of my dynasty.

Attachment 128987

Attachment 128988

There are a few caveats of course.
1. You can edit their avatar, but you must select one that's already in the game. Luckily this includes the FCS avatars as well so you don't have to use a duplicate. As you can see from above I chose the FCS Boar-thingies because it's green like Charlotte.

2. You can't change uniforms so they'll use the uniforms of the team you replaced. That's why I chose Charlotte instead of App St (which should probably be the 1st choice to add) because Charlotte and UAB's colors are so similar. If I were to replace Idaho I'd probably add App St for them.

3. You can change stadiums/fields, but again you need to use something from the game. I know that my Michigan team would never, ever play @ Charlotte so I don't care what their field looks like, but if you will play there and don't want to see "UAB" or "Blazers" or whatever their end zones say you can always change it. I don't think a neutral site field would work as you'd probably always have 1 end zone dedicated to your opponents. Something generic like Notre Dame would probably work fine, but you won't be able to get "Charlotte 49ers" in the end zone.

That being said, despite the uniforms and field being off, I (obviously) think it's perfectly acceptable to use the editor to swap in a new team, especially since I don't play them. Having Charlotte in my dynasty is much better than having UAB IMO.

And I never thought of it before, but I'm now pretty sure that I'll boot Idaho in favor of App State too.

I went ahead and put App state into the game, replacing Idaho. I also made it retroactive to 2017 (reflected by their career record) by having all of "Idaho's" results be App St's.

College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #1586
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0

in my editor under the coaches tab I see like 5 or 6 that say new coach. is this where the game as stored new coaches to take over for retired coaches? to get them in the rotation?
Old 12-18-2016, 08:07 PM   #1587
Rookie

hornfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Has anyone else had problems with Horizon? I cannot replace my dynasty files. It tells me the replacement has been successful and I have pushed the save and resign button. However, when I go back into the game the file has not changed. The profile and roster files seem to work ok.

Also, Modio 3.0 will not read my USB drives anymore. It use to work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #1588
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
I went ahead and put App state into the game, replacing Idaho. I also made it retroactive to 2017 (reflected by their career record) by having all of "Idaho's" results be App St's.

this is cool. you did this via the team info tabs in the editor?

#GoPackGo
Old 12-20-2016, 01:18 AM   #1589
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
You can add them with the editor. In my dynasty I replaced UAB w/ Charlotte.

You can edit all of the information for them with the editor (school, nickname, location, historical win/loss record, stadium capacity, etc, etc).

Attachment 128986

And they'll show up perfectly fine in game. Here's what they look like in 2022 of my dynasty.

Attachment 128987

Attachment 128988

There are a few caveats of course.
1. You can edit their avatar, but you must select one that's already in the game. Luckily this includes the FCS avatars as well so you don't have to use a duplicate. As you can see from above I chose the FCS Boar-thingies because it's green like Charlotte.

2. You can't change uniforms so they'll use the uniforms of the team you replaced. That's why I chose Charlotte instead of App St (which should probably be the 1st choice to add) because Charlotte and UAB's colors are so similar. If I were to replace Idaho I'd probably add App St for them.

3. You can change stadiums/fields, but again you need to use something from the game. I know that my Michigan team would never, ever play @ Charlotte so I don't care what their field looks like, but if you will play there and don't want to see "UAB" or "Blazers" or whatever their end zones say you can always change it. I don't think a neutral site field would work as you'd probably always have 1 end zone dedicated to your opponents. Something generic like Notre Dame would probably work fine, but you won't be able to get "Charlotte 49ers" in the end zone.

That being said, despite the uniforms and field being off, I (obviously) think it's perfectly acceptable to use the editor to swap in a new team, especially since I don't play them. Having Charlotte in my dynasty is much better than having UAB IMO.

And I never thought of it before, but I'm now pretty sure that I'll boot Idaho in favor of App State too.
Actually, I figured out that you can change uniforms. Well, you can change to uniforms that already exist within the game (just like with the logo). All you have to do is change the STAA column in the Teams tab to the matching info from whichever team you want to use the uniforms of. So, in order to give "Charlotte" the uniforms of FCS Midwest, you would just change the STAA tab in the Teams column to "D1AAMW" and it will give "Charlotte" the uniforms that match their new logo.

I also moved them into one of the High School stadiums, which takes care of the field art problem that comes along with the swap.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:11 AM   #1590
Rookie

lilhook's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead29
Actually, I figured out that you can change uniforms. Well, you can change to uniforms that already exist within the game (just like with the logo). All you have to do is change the STAA column in the Teams tab to the matching info from whichever team you want to use the uniforms of. So, in order to give "Charlotte" the uniforms of FCS Midwest, you would just change the STAA tab in the Teams column to "D1AAMW" and it will give "Charlotte" the uniforms that match their new logo.

I also moved them into one of the High School stadiums, which takes care of the field art problem that comes along with the swap.
What are the biggest Highschool stadiums?
Old 12-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #1591
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead29
I did this with App St. I looked @ their stadium and saw that they have a track going around the field so I found a large HS stadium that had a track in it. It doesn't look bad at all. Another cool thing about it is the signage and banners and stuff match the colors of Idaho instead of being hard coded to a certain color like non-HS stadiums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 02:01 PM   #1592
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhook
What are the biggest Highschool stadiums?
Go to a "play now" game and you can cycle through all of the stadiums, including the HS ones. It doesn't list capacities, but you can see what the stadium and field look like. Each region has a "large," "medium," and "small" option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »