Home

What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-11-2024, 07:34 PM   #273
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

I started playing event and people already have a **** ton of ta cards... How?
Old 05-11-2024, 10:24 PM   #274
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings

Extreme Showdowns, Extreme Moments, and TA Miniseason runs is the only way I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2024, 11:31 PM   #275
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
Basically 97,500 they get you right out the gate, plus add the first captain mission (if you took a pitcher, 5k's) is another 10k. End up with 12 captain cards from all of that as well.

I had all the divisions at 50% and barely did anything gameplay wise.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2024, 02:36 PM   #276
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Basically 97,500 they get you right out the gate, plus add the first captain mission (if you took a pitcher, 5k's) is another 10k. End up with 12 captain cards from all of that as well.

I had all the divisions at 50% and barely did anything gameplay wise.

I’m both impressed and filled with hateful envy for you right now. I’m not able to do extreme moments or extreme showdowns reliably, so this setup is brutal for me. Been playing all weekend just with ALE, and I’m around 80% done…and 1% everywhere else. I feel attacked as a casual player (skill wise), as I sink tons of hours into the game with what feels negligible gains. Very frustrating.

Old 05-12-2024, 03:15 PM   #277
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron
I’m both impressed and filled with hateful envy for you right now. I’m not able to do extreme moments or extreme showdowns reliably, so this setup is brutal for me. Been playing all weekend just with ALE, and I’m around 80% done…and 1% everywhere else. I feel attacked as a casual player (skill wise), as I sink tons of hours into the game with what feels negligible gains. Very frustrating.

I beat all the extreme moments, I missed giolito 2 times in the 9th inning.

I tried the showdown once and im just too impatient to take a ton of pitches in showdown for offline stuff cause I want to get it done. I think the show zone is gonna post some bunt cheese method to do it is maybe I'll try that.

They have an exchange method where you can buy mine 75 bronze and exchange for 100000 and I thjbn that nets you 10 or 10000 whatever points. It's still like 3500 stubs... It'll add up if you do all divisions.

I tried last night but accidentally bought a free agent...

I think I'm just gonna target certain players I want and not worry about 100% finish. I already got Escobar and sheff from nl west... Likely will never use sheff. Want Roberts, wood, treinen, and maybe that's all I even care about cause I think I'm gonna run Santana boost.

Curious how Kershaw boost would work because I haven't seen people lay that out. And doing both Santana and Kershaw
Old 05-12-2024, 03:35 PM   #278
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron
I'm not very good, above average at BEST. But for some reason decent at the harder moments etc. Usually don't take long with them at all. Extreme Showdown, last time, and this time I went right through it on the first try. I'm terrible at Showdowns, not sure how I did it other than just knew I had to lock in.

I'll say this, no clue why they seemed to make it a longer grind on the very last TA of the season. Makes no sense.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-13-2024, 11:28 AM   #279
MVP

I think br is coded where if you're 6-1 you are required to matchup against a ws/flawless goon that won't swing at a ball and hits everything out.

I feel like I have run into so many flawless/ws guys this year

Last year I didn't go flawless but could get to 10 wins about every run before two losses.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:37 AM   #280
Rookie

Well i didnt get to enjoy double XP as much as i wanted to , i went to UFC all day saturday in STL and then on mothers day i catered to the wife but i did manage to get the Ludwick card which is good for my cards team , i need that Edmonds and larry Walker now and my outfield will be set.. i still am about 30,000 xp away from the first boss pack so i may just take Larry first even tho that Rollins is sick.

i do not like the grind this time for TA and i dont know what it was but i had no issues last TA with the showdown but this showdown i cant hit Glavine and the one time i did i couldnt hit Sandy at all so im going to give it one more try before i move on to mini seasons i think

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »