Home

Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017

This is a discussion on Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #425
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017

I have a 45 in Vizio 4k Ultra HD tv, was thinking of trading my Xbox for an S but was also thinking of waiting for the one next year....really no idea what I want or should do right now. I have a 5 TB External HD so that doesn't matter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 09:35 PM   #426
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017

If it's known yet, will the Scorpio have all the goodies included in the One S?
Old 09-30-2016, 02:12 AM   #427
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Not sure what you mean by goodies, but no reason to expect at the very least hardware parity to be the starting point.

Last edited by mestevo; 09-30-2016 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:31 AM   #428
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Meant to specify 4k streaming, hdr etc or will it be something else by the time it releases?
Old 09-30-2016, 09:28 AM   #429
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I just purchased a Xbox one S and wanted to know is it recommended to use the HDMI cable that comes with it, because I tried using a HDMI2.0 cable that I bought and it doesn't connect smoothly I have to unplug it and plug it back in just about every time I turn my Xbox one S on.

Last edited by cthurt; 09-30-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:25 PM   #430
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Didnt know that XBone S upscales the games to 4K resolution if your TV isnt HDR.. Pretty cool.

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 10-01-2016, 07:05 AM   #431
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
You'll get faux-4K gaming with the Scorpio, and that's the closest we'll get for the next 5-10 years.
The info I've read tells me you can get native 4k gaming November 11th 2016. The PS4 PRO will play some newer games in native 4k. I believe there are currently 3 games that run in 4k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 09:05 AM   #432
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
You'll get faux-4K gaming with the Scorpio, and that's the closest we'll get for the next 5-10 years.
what is 'faux' 4k? I don't know about games and codec's (if they even use them).

For example I shoot a lot of video and do it in 4k now almost exclusively. I've shot 4k RAW, but tend to shoot 4k Pro-res now which is still a big file. Now when I upload, typically I'll do whatever is asked and a lot of the time it's h.264 which is a fraction of the size - but it still looks good. Here is an example of that for all the 4k owners out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR4zbW8jEuU

Now - if games are similar where you have to use any type of compression I'm cool with that, because this was captured in RAW and uploaded 4k prores 422:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DxkMHVxpOQ

Is there a difference? yes, but would be hard to notice. If I remember I'll try to dual record next time to test same vs same. But overall if the games/footage is created/captured to a high standard and uses a type of compression where the loss is minimal, than I'm cool with faux...if it turns out it's very compressed to the point where the quality is halved, well then, that would suck.

If anyone knows, is there 'compression' in games when I'm playing them? I would imagine, especially in open world games, there must be quite a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »