Home

Michigan Basketball

This is a discussion on Michigan Basketball within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-14-2022, 01:51 AM   #153
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Michigan Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
So... we're in the tournament as a proper 11 seed and facing Colorado St. I thought we'd be in the NIT after choking like dogs against Indiana in the Big10 tournament.

With the way things have gone this season, Michigan will pull the upset on Colorado St. before getting absolutely waxed by Tennessee in the round of 32.
I don't understand how we're in at all. 17-14? These SOS numerics, or NET, or KenPom or whatever analytics involved need to be tweaked, this team doesn't deserve to be in

I'm not saying the team can't win a game or two, but they didn't earn it. It feels like we had the national spotlight game against Purdue, unexpectedly beat the snot out of them, and that was good enough. Oh well, that's enough griping for tonight lol, go blue

Last edited by l3ulvl; 03-14-2022 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:05 PM   #154
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Michigan Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
I don't understand how we're in at all. 17-14? These SOS numerics, or NET, or KenPom or whatever analytics involved need to be tweaked, this team doesn't deserve to be in

I'm not saying the team can't win a game or two, but they didn't earn it. It feels like we had the national spotlight game against Purdue, unexpectedly beat the snot out of them, and that was good enough. Oh well, that's enough griping for tonight lol, go blue
I think they're using the Quad 1-4 stuff heavily now, which incentivizes playing a tough schedule. Michigan (NET 34) played a brutal schedule, with a whopping 17 games against top 38 teams rated by NET, and when you add in Rutgers, gives them 19 games against teams who made the dance. By SOS, they had the 6th hardest schedule in the country. Michigan doesn't have any bad losses, and only 2 meh losses against Minnesota at home and @UCF.

When put into this context, Michigan should certainly be in the field, although my thought would have been them playing in. The fact that we're starting in Indianapolis without having to play in means there was probably some big school Michigan magic working in our favor.

Last edited by rdnk; 03-16-2022 at 07:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »