Home

Sail The High Seas; A Story of the Newfounland Admirals

This is a discussion on Sail The High Seas; A Story of the Newfounland Admirals within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sail The High Seas; A Story of the Newfounland Admirals

Hello and welcome to my dynasty thread! With the whole "covid-19" thing going on, and being in the education field, I've got a little extra time on my hands. Couple that with the release of the Show '20...and I decided I'd go with a dynasty. I've got plenty of set up information below and I'll explain what and how things are being done.

So...who are the Newfounland Admirals? The year is 2024 (I simmed four years in the future). I originally started with the Baltimore Orioles, the worst team in the game (sorry to any and all O's fans! No disrespect...), and basically...did nothing to them outside of draft and snag a player or two in the Rule V. Basically, tried to strip these guys down to a bare bones situation and see where I could go. I'll throw some story elements in to flesh out who/why/where later.

What are the rules/sliders/difficulty of the dynasty? I've got it currently set on HoF/HoF for hitting/pitching. I've toned down the power two slots for both CPU and Human and have added a little velocity. Has yielded a strong game for me in the past. I will not edit any players attributes throughout the game, though, may tweak a few of their appearances (some of the CAP's look stupid, let's be honest) and their equipment. I do have GM contracts off (or I'd have been canned already, the team was pretty bare bones back in 2022, especially). I may also switch a player's position to any secondary they have listed after 82 games starting there, and make it their new primary. But I will not allow myself to just turn someone into a random position. I feel as though a player who plays 2b enough, with it as his secondary for that much time, can become "primary" there.

How will you handle sim/playing?I'm going to play every 11th game. That'll come out to about 15 games a regular season. This will force me to suck up the bad seasons and not have a lot of fun while giving me a strong sense of who every one on the team is. I will play every playoff game.

How I'll cover the world I will do my best to create fake news stories, tweets, and articles where and when I can. I will also recap any game I play with a full box score and recap of the game. Between games I'll shortly cover the week and how the week went for the team. Hoping to create a "lived in" world and an immersive one. Most of the articles have flavor text past just the headlines, but if something is completely illegible, chances are I just left the jibberish in there and made it hard to read. Just to "make it feel full" but I also don't have all the time to create a million articles!

I'll add more if I think of it, here. I've got some more coming, feel free to ask any questions, and I plan on having some fun. Team's pretty bad right now, so it'll probably take a few years to get good! Stick with it!

Season Records/Finishes, Major Awards:
2024:

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 03-23-2020 at 12:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 06:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Sail The High Seas; A Story of the Newfounland Admirals

Old 03-22-2020, 10:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Sail The High Seas; A Story of the Newfounland Admirals

Old 03-22-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
Rookie