Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2024, 07:12 AM   #951
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Fear is a great motivator.

Haley needs to pound the drum that Trump might be convicted before November and that might mean a Democratic blowout and

(1) Dem control of state legislatures, who will gerrymander the GOP out of existence
(2) Federal codification of Roe
(3) Replacing Thomas and Alito with 25 year old black queer public defenders
(4) Expanding SCOTUS and throwing a few more justices up there for good measure
(5) DC and Puerto Rico statehood
(6) A transgender bill of rights
(7) banning SUVs
(8) Open Borders
(9) Restrictions on homeschooling

Of course, even with healthy Dem majorities, a lot of those wouldn't happen. But campaigns are all about exaggeration.

She needs to judo Trump's fear based campaign back at him. Make it seem like nominating him is just too risky b/c of all of the criminal charges.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 07:50 AM   #952
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

But Haley could only get 30% when Trump wasn't on the ballot in NV. I just don't think there's any realistic chance for her to even threaten to win a single primary.
Old 02-07-2024, 10:48 AM   #953
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

To be fair, None of these candidates is an extremely compelling choice for a GOP primary.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:07 AM   #954
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So Trump's new NATO position should be the biggest (I'd argue only) thing being discussed right now.

Maybe NATO is outdated. Maybe Western Europe has been mooching off of us. Maybe we should disband it.

Personally, I don't think so. But it's a debate worth having since one of the two leading candidates for the Presidency has come out that way.

So let's get our Senators and Reps (from both parties) on record with this. Let's get Haley's position. Let's get Biden's position.

It's the biggest foreign policy question since WWII, so let's, you know, actually treat it that way.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:51 AM   #955
Kodos
Resident Alien

But what about the Taylor Swift conspiracy?! Priorities, people!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 09:24 PM   #956
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump is going to put Lara Trump as co-chair of the RNC. Might as well just forward all the donations to Trump's accounts.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:06 AM   #957
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Going to try some Garlic Naan this weekend!

Got to it yesterday. I'm happy (and surprised) to say it was pretty edible!
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:03 PM   #958
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just a moment...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 08:03 PM   #959
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lara Trump: If I am elected to this position , I can assure you.. every single penny will go to the number one and the only job of the RNC… that is electing Donald J Trump

They aren't even hiding that they're going to steal all of the money.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:36 PM   #960
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Dems should just play videos of all the things Trump has forgotten under deposition.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:29 PM   #961
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Besides just wanting all the money because it's his personal party now, he just probably figures if he wins he can do whatever he wants anyway, regardless of the makeup of Congress.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:41 AM   #962
PilotMan
Head Coach

Biden's age is a thing. It was a thing before. It should have been resolved before now. But here we are. Also...

Quote:
The words “I don’t remember,” or their equivalents, occurred at least 124 times in his eight hours of testimony. The lapses in memory ranged from the identity of Rep. Lee H. Hamilton, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee during several of the key years of Reagan’s presidency, to the central conclusions of the Tower Commission that Reagan appointed to investigate the Iran-Contra affair. He also did not remember the fact that Robert C. McFarlane, who served as his national security adviser, had pleaded guilty to a charge of withholding information from Congress.

Reagan Retains Charm but Not His Memory - Los Angeles Times

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 11:47 AM   #963
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Biden's age is a thing. It was a thing before. It should have been resolved before now. But here we are. Also...

Reagan Retains Charm but Not His Memory - Los Angeles Times

You think this was primarily related to Reagan's age and not the investigation? Lots of people younger and more with it suddenly don't remember a lot of things when they might face criminal charges.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-14-2024 at 11:48 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 11:50 AM   #964
PilotMan
Head Coach

No, but the Rs back then didn't think to much of his 'memory' issues then did they?

Like Steam?

Old 02-14-2024, 12:18 PM   #965
Ksyrup

You can't get a Republican to acknowledge a 180 degree different position from documented statements made 5-6 years (heck, maybe months) ago. Pointing out a 35+ year old inconsistency is hardly a gotcha moment in today's politics.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-14-2024 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:27 PM   #966
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Speaking of Reagan, I think he put his daughter as head of the RNC too (or some major position).
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 02:09 PM   #967
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Reagan would have been a RINO is todays party. Today they would be cheering Gorbachev on and praising him for how smart he is that he has a wall...
Old 02-14-2024, 02:15 PM   #968
Thomkal
Head Coach

A republican on the house intelligence committee was tweeting today about a new(?) national security threat and the need for the president to declassify for all members to inspect. Several others are now releasing statements about it saying that they have been tracking this since the beginning and they are talking to the administration about what they can reveal about it
Old 02-14-2024, 04:00 PM   #969
PilotMan
Head Coach

You mean? ANOTHER CRISIS!?!?!?!
Something I can fear, AND be angry about?!?!

Like Steam?

Old 02-14-2024, 04:37 PM   #970
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
A republican on the house intelligence committee was tweeting today about a new(?) national security threat and the need for the president to declassify for all members to inspect. Several others are now releasing statements about it saying that they have been tracking this since the beginning and they are talking to the administration about what they can reveal about it

Defense industry needs new ways to siphon funds after the Ukraine money fell through.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:21 AM   #971
Edward64
Head Coach

Next Saturday, Feb 24 is the date for Haley. Not looking good at all, wonder when she'll drop out.

Trump has huge lead over Haley in South Carolina, poll shows - POLITICO
Quote:
Ahead of the Feb. 24 GOP primary, the poll shows 65 percent of likely voters in the state would vote for Trump, which is a 36 percent lead over Haley. Out of Republican voters, an overwhelming 72 percent would vote for Trump.

Independents are more evenly split between the candidates, though. Of those likely to vote in the primary, 42 percent backed Haley compared to 43 percent for Trump.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:41 AM   #972
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yes so not even telling the truth about Trump worked for Nikki.
Old 02-17-2024, 09:19 AM   #973
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

As long as she has financial backing she is going to stick around and home something happens to Trump to disqualify hm.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM   #974
Edward64
Head Coach

A nice scenario would be for her to hang on till the very end, Trump loses in 2024, and positions herself for a 2028 run.

I guess it's possible she somehow gets an invite/agrees to join a Trump admin. But I'd be very disappointed in her if she did.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:58 PM   #975
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yes so not even telling the truth about Trump worked for Nikki.

It's not about the candidates at this point, it's about the people the candidates are talking to. Chris Christie said everything that needed to be said way earlier and better than Haley ever could, and the people didn't want to hear it. He basically got booed off of every stage he was on.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:09 PM   #976
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I guess it's possible she somehow gets an invite/agrees to join a Trump admin. But I'd be very disappointed in her if she did.

I'd be second-guessing my vote for Trump if he puts that treacherous bitch in any job.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:30 PM   #977
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

You're aware she had a position in his first administration, right?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 03:49 PM   #978
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup. But a lot has been said during the run up to now
Old 02-17-2024, 03:51 PM   #979
RainMaker
General Manager

She is one of the slimiest politicians out there.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:02 PM   #980
Thomkal
Head Coach

I imagine she will be back to saying Trump must be President again when she does drop out
Old 02-17-2024, 04:08 PM   #981
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Bill Barr has spent the last three years shit talking about Trump and now he has the gall to say if it's Trump vs. Biden he'll vote for Trump.
Old 02-18-2024, 04:03 AM   #982
Edward64
Head Coach

Too bad. Would have been interesting for a while.

Manchin says he won’t launch independent presidential bid - Live Updates - POLITICO
Quote:
Sen. Joe Manchin said on Friday he will not mount a third-party presidential bid, a relief to Democrats who spent months worrying about his refusal to shut down the possibility of challenging President Joe Biden.

“I will not be seeking a third-party run. I will not be involved in a presidential run,” Manchin said at an event at West Virginia University.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:03 PM   #983
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Human garbage....

Old 02-19-2024, 04:37 PM   #984
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Bill Barr has spent the last three years shit talking about Trump and now he has the gall to say if it's Trump vs. Biden he'll vote for Trump.

They all agree with what Trump and his policies. They just want to be invited to the cocktail parties too. These folks are huge cowards. I respect an all-out MAGA way more than these slimy creatures.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:17 PM   #985
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Is Haley dropping out?

Last edited by JPhillips : 02-19-2024 at 05:18 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 06:54 PM   #986
Ksyrup

Isn't her home state primary this week and she's going to get embarrassed? Yeah, I'd say dropping out is 99.9% certain (although I haven't really been following any specific news about her lately).
Old 02-19-2024, 07:17 PM   #987
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

She has too much financial support. It is supposed to be more of a speech about why she is staying in from what I have read.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 06:55 AM   #988
Ksyrup

If true, I guess she's the chosen one to be the last person standing in case Trump doesn't run. Which seems exceedingly unlikely outside of some sort of health issue. I can't imagine the party telling him no - he'd burn the whole thing to the ground.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:56 AM   #989
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey, there's always the chance that he flops over dead.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 08:44 AM   #990
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'd take a very small chance of another candidate over no chance.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 09:38 AM   #991
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The thing is if he dies or drops out, Haley still won't be the nominee. Unless it happens pretty soon, she won't have a majority of delegates by the convention and there's no way a brokered convention selects her to be the nominee.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 02-20-2024 at 09:39 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 09:56 AM   #992
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

What do you think would happen if Trump were to be unavailable for whatever reason and the convention had to choose someone else?
Old 02-20-2024, 10:21 AM   #993
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
What do you think would happen if Trump were to be unavailable for whatever reason and the convention had to choose someone else?

Chaos. Pretty sure MAGA/Republicans don't care about election laws/normal convention procedures at this point and would nominate whoever made the best deal/got the most money backing. Would be funny then if someone like Liz Cheney/Marc Elias sued them for not following proper election law.
Old 02-20-2024, 11:18 AM   #994
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

Things become worse? Maybe?

Anti-Trump independent votes go where?

Look at the Speaker change as a blueprint.

Unless "normal" R's can somehow get control we could end up with a young MAGA idiot running against old Joe. If Trump died of natural causes it wouldn't be believed by Magas. He'd be a martyr that the Libs finally silenced, so I don't think (R) turnout is affected unless it goes up. If he was convicted and in prison? Same answer (you said unavailable, so in that scenario he can't be running the country wearing an ankle bracelet from home).

In a normal world this sounds stupid. But we haven't been normal for quite some time.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 12:06 PM   #995
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah I was more just speculating about ... I mean, the convention will have to choose somebody. I suppose they could just say 'we're nominating Trump regardless, we'd rather he be President from jail/the morgue than anyone else' which would result in a walk-over for Biden since it'd never hold up in court. Even our courts.

But ultimately they'd almost certainly have to nominate somebody else. It's fine to say it'd never be Haley, but who then? I don't think many people really want DeSantis anymore, so ... it likely won't be relevant, but a thought exercise.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:13 PM   #996
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Look how long it took them to settle on a Speaker of the House. Could take months to decide on a candidate.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 01:35 PM   #997
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Don Jr.

edit: and I'm not joking. Lara Trump will likely be running the convention, and they will definitely crown a Trump over any other candidate.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-20-2024 at 01:37 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 02:16 PM   #998
Edward64
Head Coach

IMO, Don Jr. doesn't stand a chance. He doesn't have the MAGA charisma (?).

Good for Haley. I don't know if this is the right decision politically but appreciate the drive to see it through.

Quote:
“Some of you—perhaps a few of you in the media—came here today to see if I’m dropping out of the race. Well, I’m not. Far from it,” Haley said in a speech in Greenville.

Haley vowed she is not exiting the race now, saying she will continue to compete in the primary past the South Carolina primary and through Super Tuesday on March 5.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:42 AM   #999
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

“Trump is the very worst—the actual bottom of the barrel—of the human beings our country has birthed.

“You can tell me that he is tied with some others (Manson, Dahmer, and so on) but as a Trump biographer I’m not going to have any difficulty arguing that no one *exceeds* Trump in being despicable.

“Keep in mind that the death toll from his actions during the pandemic will never be equaled by any serial killer or terrorist because it would be logistically impossible.

“He’s betrayed and abused his country, his friends, his family, our legal system, our free market, voters, investors, bankers, lawyers, doctors, vendors, contractors, renters, business associates, consumers, television viewers (understand that most of his early televised pageants were rigged and rigged by him), innocent bystanders (think The Central Park Five) in ways you couldn’t find another human being in American history to have done *in totality*. I can’t name a redeeming quality in the man.

“Opposing Donald Trump isn’t a political act. I want to repeat that: opposing him *isn’t a political act*.

“Opposing him is like opposing serial killers, the mafia, unilateral nuclear strikes, polio, or mob violence.... it’s something *any person of conscience* would naturally do *regardless* of their views on contemporary public policy debates.

“This is something corporate media appears never to have understood: we’re called upon to oppose this man in the same way we are lice, poison, and arson.”

-Seth Abrasom
Old 02-21-2024, 05:43 AM   #1000
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Dola: And he’s still gonna beat Haley by like 30 points