Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #951
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Scary stuff. This storm passed over our winery and touched down about five miles past our property. The town in the video is only about ten miles from our property. This tornado is really dangerous as it's relatively hard to see. When it goes through open field areas, it loses debris and you can't see it until it's too late.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #952
whomario
Pro Starter

Western germany had a massive storm coming through Monday evening, some scary stuff going on here. Pretty apocalyptic scenery with pitch black clouds arriving and then all hell breaking loose. From my window i could literally see branches thick as arms flying by and saw multiple trees come down. Even today, we are still totally cut off from the railway network with the tracks littered with trees. Many minor roads also still not driveable and the major roads are only cleared in the sense that everything has been stockpiled on the side or on traffic isles.

some impressions from nearby Düsseldorf:

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #953
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Tornadoes or just crazy straight-line winds?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #954
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Tornadoes or just crazy straight-line winds?

SI

crazy winds.

thankfully, tornadoes are really rare in germany (for far-too-complicated-for me-to-understand weather-technical reasons )

Still, if suburbs in germany were constructed like suburbs in the US (at least from my limited experience ), there could have been a disaster. The way it is, you just get the hell inside your stone-build houses and wait it out.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 06-11-2014 at 07:53 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #955
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Austin is about to get slammed. There is now a tornado warning in the area of Lake Travis. The straight line winds on the leading edge of the storm are over 70mph, and 2 inch hail has been reported.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #956
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Western germany had a massive storm coming through Monday evening, some scary stuff going on here. Pretty apocalyptic scenery with pitch black clouds arriving and then all hell breaking loose. From my window i could literally see branches thick as arms flying by and saw multiple trees come down. Even today, we are still totally cut off from the railway network with the tracks littered with trees. Many minor roads also still not driveable and the major roads are only cleared in the sense that everything has been stockpiled on the side or on traffic isles.

Reminds me of Missile Command!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #957
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Austin is about to get slammed. There is now a tornado warning in the area of Lake Travis. The straight line winds on the leading edge of the storm are over 70mph, and 2 inch hail has been reported.
We're hearing some thunder down here in San Antonio, visiting my sister

SI

Old 06-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #958
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Just got internet back about 20 minutes ago. The lightning from this storm was crazy. There was a five minute or so span last night with so much lightning, it looked like daylight outside.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #959
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

That's probably the same line that went through Paris while I was there. Lots of lightning and hail.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #960
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It really needs to stop raining. I almost got stranded on my way home last night cause all of the ways out of this one town were flooded over except for this pathway I took north which was 40 miles out of the way. Was not a pleasant experience.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #961
Thomkal
Head Coach

First named Tropical Storm just in time for 4th of July. Likely will be a hurricane before long.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...-july-20140701
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #962
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I hope it doesn't hurry north.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #963
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Ahhh good to know we're skipping fall this year and just rolling straight into winter.

For our Fahrenheit people that's a 50 degree drop in daytime highs. Oh and it's snowing, apparently there are snowfall warnings for the areas outside of the city.

Bit of a comedown from Hawaii.
Attached Images
File Type: png weather.png (9.8 KB, 261 views)
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #964
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Ahhh good to know we're skipping fall this year and just rolling straight into winter.

For our Fahrenheit people that's a 50 degree drop in daytime highs. Oh and it's snowing, apparently there are snowfall warnings for the areas outside of the city.

Take it to the 'Global Warming is Bullshit!' thread.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #965
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

After last year's horrible winter and spring, followed by a mediocre summer, I'm absolutely dreading winter. Dreading it. Like, no joke, it's taking an actual mental toll on me. And it's September. Fuck.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #966
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Snowfall? Are you serious?!?!!?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #967
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

It snowed there last week I think. They get snow in any month of the year what with their whacky Chinooks.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 09-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #968
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Saw that there's a chance for snow in Yellowstone National Park later this week.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #969
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Check out the pictures
September snow falls in Calgary, western Alberta - Calgary - CBC News

Not surprising, seems to happen on an every other year basis at the end of August/Early September. We'll bounce back to high's in the mid 60's soon enough until sometime in October.

I guess if you ever wondered why our thankgiving is a lot earlier than your, this would help clear it up.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #970
Buccaneer
Head Coach

The Rockies get snowfall throughout the summer, esp. during the cool, wet spring and summer we've been having. I think it's going to get cold enough later this week for snowfall here in the Front Range, depending on the moisture content.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #971
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

We're also heading towards fall! We have a low of 68 scheduled for later this week!

SI

Old 09-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #972
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
We're also heading towards fall! We have a low of 68 scheduled for later this week!

SI

One of the great things about living here in Colorado is that we had never, ever had a low that high.

Should've been here last Friday - I don't think it got above 49 during the day.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #973
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
One of the great things about living here in Colorado is that we had never, ever had a low that high.

Should've been here last Friday - I don't think it got above 49 during the day.

Yearly, Houston pretty much gets 3 straight months where the only days that it's not in the 90s is when it rains while the lows never drop below 70 under any circumstance. I'm sure the Chronicle's weather blog will talk about the last time it was under 70 when it happens and it will invariably be sometime between late May and mid June. It's hard to get used to for people not from here: the coldest it will be at night is warmer than a lot of place's days.

It's not cliche to say summer here is just relentless. There are hotter places- it's just so long here.

SI

Old 09-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #974
sabotai
General Manager

Note to self: Never live in Houston.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #975
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

At least you can dress for cold. Not much you can do about the heat.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #976
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
At least you can dress for cold. Not much you can do about the heat.

You mean besides enjoy it, right?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #977
britrock88
Pro Starter

ND's looking at first frost this week...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #978
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I think California needs to get its El Niño machine cranked back up again in order to join most of the rest of us in having a cool and wet year.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #979
cartman
Death Herald

Crazy storms hit DFW this afternoon. If you look at the radar now, the line of storms stretches from San Antonio all the way to Detroit!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #980
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Crazy storms hit DFW this afternoon. If you look at the radar now, the line of storms stretches from San Antonio all the way to Detroit!
I was in OKC yesterday and all day today. And then dove to Tulsa at 4 and missed it all. Everything happened at night in OKC and during the day in Tulsa.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #981
Easy Mac

Snowpocalypse 2014, Part 2: Age of Snowtron looks like it is kicking into gear this weekend.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #982
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Supposed to be a HIGH of 61 tomorrow here in Central Florida, which is just crazy. The normal high in January is 72.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #983
Thomkal
Head Coach

Only going to get into the lower 50's tomorrow here in Myrtle Beach with rain-hello winter
Old 10-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #984
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Snowpocalypse 2014, Part 2: Age of Snowtron looks like it is kicking into gear this weekend.

In South Carolina?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #985
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

43 here tomorrow and they re saying it may snow here overnight.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #986
Easy Mac

Snow stuck on the grass and roofs last night. It's all now melted. Came down strongly around 2 or 3 in the morning. I thought it was just rain, but went outside and it was near blinding snow.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #987
Thomkal
Head Coach

Weather Channel was saying 4 inches of snow west of Columbia SC-earliest snowfall ever for the state-had one of their reporters in the mountains in NC just now. 22 degrees, snowing wind chill of -4. Brrrr. And where is Coastal Carolina playing football at? Boone NC where its currently 32 degrees and snowing. Lovely.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #988
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We had some strong flurries around 9am. My son wanted to know if it was Christmas.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #989
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Weather Channel was saying 4 inches of snow west of Columbia SC-earliest snowfall ever for the state-had one of their reporters in the mountains in NC just now. 22 degrees, snowing wind chill of -4. Brrrr. And where is Coastal Carolina playing football at? Boone NC where its currently 32 degrees and snowing. Lovely.
Playing football in 32 degree weather and snow? The horror!

BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #990
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Playing football in 32 degree weather and snow? The horror!

It is when you live on the beach and it was in the 80's just last week.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #991
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Friend lives in Johnson City TN which is like 50mi from there and he had a bike race in the snow today
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #992
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
It is when you live on the beach and it was in the 80's just last week.
Nice to see they managed to tough it out.

Meanwhile up here I coached lacrosse for 7 hours and we'll do it again tomorrow... I think I'd take snow over this - the 40 degree rain is the worst to play in.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #993
MIJB#19
Coordinator

This snow talk is quite the contrast: in the Netherlands, we witnessed the hottest (Apparently it was 72 F) November day since the measuring of temperatures began in 1901.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #994
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Massive Storm in the Pacific drives Arctic Outbreak into the U.S Next Week. | @wxbrad Blog

I'm right in the path of this
Old 11-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #995
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Saturday my neighbours kids were out playing street hockey while I was raking leaves. Now it's -18C (0F), been snowing for the last two days and only getting colder. Winter has come and it's angry.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #996
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

70 today in Troy, Missouri.. and then the cold comes!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #997
Blackadar
Retired

My weather for the next 5 days:

Every day will be sunny. Hehe...the advantage of living in the tropics during the winter.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #998
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
My weather for the next 5 days:

Every day will be sunny. Hehe...the advantage of living in the tropics during the winter.

1. I would hate that, I love winter.

2. When your house blows away during a hurricane we'll see who has the last laugh.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #999
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
1. I would hate that, I love winter.

I'm of two minds on winter anymore. It was brutal trying to get the kids to school last year because of so much fucking ice.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #1000
cartman
Death Herald

I have the same view of winter that I have of cancer. Fuck 'em. I get miserable once the temp drops below 50 degrees.