Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2022, 07:04 PM   #5451
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Your country is so fucked up.

But seriously, would it not make a lot more sense to just split into three countries at this point? You have the northeast/midwest, so say Minnesota and Iowa as a western border, a southern border of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia and then Canada and the Atlantic as the north and east borders.

Then you have the west, which is Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.

And basically that whole middle area and southeast can be as conservative as they want.

It's not perfect as far as red states - blue states but it's close and gives each of the three countries some defined structure.

The battle now isn't really north vs south or even blue states vs red states. It's urban vs rural.

In your scenario, places like Miami, Austin, Atlanta, etc certainly wouldn't want to be part of those new countries.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:23 PM   #5452
bhlloy
Coordinator

People in those places can move though. I think whatever you choose to label it I can’t see the union lasting another 10 years. It makes very little sense for California or New York to federally subsidize states that basically live under a different rule of law, and if it does go the other way by some miracle in that time Texas and a number of other southern states would secede in a heartbeat.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:31 PM   #5453
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
The battle now isn't really north vs south or even blue states vs red states. It's urban vs rural.

In your scenario, places like Miami, Austin, Atlanta, etc certainly wouldn't want to be part of those new countries.

Yeah, the states with the most votes for Trump, CA, TX, and FL are also the states with the most votes for Biden.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:37 PM   #5454
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
People in those places can move though. I think whatever you choose to label it I can’t see the union lasting another 10 years. It makes very little sense for California or New York to federally subsidize states that basically live under a different rule of law, and if it does go the other way by some miracle in that time Texas and a number of other southern states would secede in a heartbeat.

The thing is, a lot of right-wingers want to live in blue states because they are nicer states with more wealth. They might like being right-wing, but they sure as fuck don't want to live in one of those states like Alabama.

The other thing is that a huge part of being on the right is control over others. If you live in a country of all like minded people, who do you control?

Your average Republican doesn't want abortion to be illegal for them, just other people. The long line of prominent politicians who have paid for abortions for their mistresses or family members tells the story. This system is preferable to them where they can still just travel out of state to get an abortion if they want, but the poor folks who don't have that luxury can't.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:39 PM   #5455
PilotMan
Head Coach

I guess we all need to move ourselves to these low population states to tip the scales.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:42 PM   #5456
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Let me out before the border closes, please! I'm trying to change things from the inside, and I genuinely feel we can get there eventually, but it may take too long. Today is depressing as all hell.

Yeah, my goal of leaving Texas in 5 years seems completely inadequate. I'm practically surrounded by idiots with III percenter stickers here.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:01 PM   #5457
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It can't.

The bigger picture for me is where we're going. Once we no longer agree upon a core set of fundamental values shared among the residents of all the "united" states, we are no longer a country. Eventually enough significant, fundamental issues are going to be left to the states - and in an attempt to enforce their own laws, states will criminalize acts of non-residents and others - where we will essentially need to issue passports to move from state to state. It's untenable.

This thread is exactly what I was talking about.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:04 PM   #5458
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Let me out before the border closes, please! I'm trying to change things from the inside, and I genuinely feel we can get there eventually, but it may take too long. Today is depressing as all hell.

Me, too

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:08 PM   #5459
RainMaker
General Manager

One weird aspect of the ruling is how it will impact IVF treatment. A lot of those laws are incredibly broad and would make that illegal too. Same for embryo freezing. Weird times.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:10 PM   #5460
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This thread is exactly what I was talking about.
Next up: this illegitmate, stolen court will dismantle the federal regulatory apparatus on Monday.

This will push each state to have to implement its own wildly different environmental and regulatory regimes.

They're going to literally destroy the country. /1
— David Atkins (@DavidOAtkins) June 24, 2022

Yeah, between gutting any gun regulations, ending Roe v Wade (and jumping down the road to end the right to privacy), and then dismantling the administrative state in the next few days - it's been a productive week for the wealthy looking to divide the country and take control through economic force due to a lack of alternative

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:23 PM   #5461
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy
I think whatever you choose to label it I can’t see the union lasting another 10 years.

Nah. There are a lot of very upset people right now, but you have to have a coherent and practical plan for how to do it differently if you want to go that route. I think we'll continue dying a slow death for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU14
I wonder of the SCOTUS decision would have been released at this point in time, if the J6 hearings were not going on and looking so bad for so many.

It would not surprise me in the least if behind the scenes maneuvering influenced this to give Americans something new to focus on.

Timing is decided way in advance for the release of rulings. 40% of Americans in the poll I found weren't even aware of the hearings. 60% aren't watching them, and the numbers are worse among non-Democrats of course who generally are the ones in need of convincing.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 06-24-2022 at 08:59 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:04 PM   #5462
RainMaker
General Manager

It is really telling that Thomas left Loving off his list of cases that should be re-examined despite it having the same legal reasoning to be overturned as the others.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:19 PM   #5463
kingfc22
Head Coach

It’s because they are all self serving, power craven assholes. The SCOTUS is no longer an independent branch.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:37 PM   #5464
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Note that the reps are whining that Biden wants to repeal the gas tax as a midterm election stunt.
This means that they are lobbying their billionaire oil baron friends to raise the gas prices as a midterm election stunt.

The more you know...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 07:21 AM   #5465
Ksyrup

Boy, the GOP is sure wishing for a bunch of violent protests. Almost willing it to happen. And when it doesn't, they'll just blow one or two incidents out of proportion to fit the narrative.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-25-2022, 09:15 AM   #5466
Edward64
Head Coach

I can see this being pivotal in the 2022 and also 2024.

Looking forward to the inevitable polls on how this will or not impact votes (especially the women & independent vote). I wouldn't say it's a slam dunk for the Dems though.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 09:32 AM   #5467
Flasch186
Coordinator

Facebook is awesome today

Glad I decided to not post anything political in there for the last few years

I can sit back and watch this shit show for entertainment purposes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 09:36 AM   #5468
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am going to a graduation party today for the part of the family that is all pro Trumpers. This may be tough. It is my wifes cousins family, and her husbands family, so I only know them in passing. Going to be hard to keep my mouth shut when this inevitably comes up.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:28 AM   #5469
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Boy, the GOP is sure wishing for a bunch of violent protests. Almost willing it to happen. And when it doesn't, they'll just blow one or two incidents out of proportion to fit the narrative.

Already are. mtg said the oac was inciting an insurrection yesterday.

Like Steam?

Old 06-25-2022, 10:55 AM   #5470
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Facebook is awesome today

Glad I decided to not post anything political in there for the last few years

I can sit back and watch this shit show for entertainment purposes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I largely stay out of the political fray on FB too, with rare exceptions, and one bit of hilarious irony I came across was this from a former co-worker.

Quote:
Happy Roe vs Wade overturn day!
😀🎉🎊

Now the irony of this, is that this guy is a pro-Trump gay man, who is married to his partner. Can't wait to see the if the celebration is at this level when the SCOTUS comes after gay marriage next, it's just baffling people can't see the big picture.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:15 PM   #5471
Ksyrup

John Cornyn out there openly advocating for Brown vs Board of Education to be overturned.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:22 PM   #5472
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
John Cornyn out there openly advocating for Brown vs Board of Education to be overturned.

I don’t doubt it but I can’t find any reliable source for this?

Last edited by Galaril : 06-25-2022 at 01:32 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:28 PM   #5473
Atocep
Coordinator

He wasn't advocating for it to be overturned, he tried to make a very poorly worded point that Brown and Plessy v Ferguson reversed precedent. And he tweeted it at Obama. As in, hey the only reason you're free is because precedent was reversed so you can't bitch about this.

Last edited by Atocep : 06-25-2022 at 02:34 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:53 PM   #5474
PilotMan
Head Coach

I love how reversing precedent to expand human rights is equal to reversing precedent to deny human rights.

Like Steam?

Old 06-25-2022, 03:03 PM   #5475
RainMaker
General Manager

It is a really dumb argument but Cornyn is one of the dumbest Senators in the country.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:06 PM   #5476
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Straw men of the forums, unite!
Old 06-25-2022, 03:54 PM   #5477
Flasch186
Coordinator

The Biden Presidency - 2020

Deleted

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 06-25-2022 at 03:55 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:36 PM   #5478
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
He wasn't advocating for it to be overturned, he tried to make a very poorly worded point that Brown and Plessy v Ferguson reversed precedent. And he tweeted it at Obama. As in, hey the only reason you're free is because precedent was reversed so you can't bitch about this.

First of all, the situations aren't even remotely the same - in order to equate them, you would have to believe that the right to segregate whites and blacks is "the most intensely personal decision someone can make" and that segregation is an "essential freedom of millions of Americans." That the direct comparison he made.

And given the GOP's open embrace of racists, I don't really think he/they deserve the benefit of the doubt. At best (worst?), it's exactly what you said, which I would read as a veiled threat that African Americans really shouldn't be free. I mean, the court's consistent stance is to take us back to the 18th/19th centuries, right?
Old 06-25-2022, 05:23 PM   #5479
Atocep
Coordinator

Ginni Thomas Asked Anita Hill to Apologize to Clarence Thomas

This is not something a mentally stable person would do.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 06:28 PM   #5480
RainMaker
General Manager

You can tell Clarence is insufferable based on the fact that crazy fat pig is the best he could do.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:29 PM   #5481
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Wow. Really? Really??
Old 06-25-2022, 06:55 PM   #5482
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
You can tell Clarence is insufferable based on the fact that crazy fat pig is the best he could do.

I LOLed
Old 06-25-2022, 07:28 PM   #5483
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

JFC

Old 06-25-2022, 08:25 PM   #5484
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Wow. Really? Really??

Par for the course. Potty mouth.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:28 PM   #5485
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Par for the course. Potty mouth.

Keep clutching those pearls...
Old 06-25-2022, 08:30 PM   #5486
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Keep clutching those pearls...

Drinking again or taking some edibles?
Old 06-25-2022, 08:35 PM   #5487
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Drinking again or taking some edibles?

actually neither. I just think it's silly to get all up in arms about some mild language on an internet message board full of dudes.

You wouldn't last 3 minutes in Jersey.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:50 PM   #5488
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
actually neither. I just think it's silly to get all up in arms about some mild language on an internet message board full of dudes.

You wouldn't last 3 minutes in Jersey.

I'll last 3 min in NJ. Lived in NY for 6 months for a project.

Not getting up in arms at all. Sure it's mild all things considered. But really disrespectful in calling her names like that.

Tell you what. Tell your wife how a woman was described here, you are supportive of it, and let me know what she thinks.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:01 PM   #5489
Ksyrup

Is that before or after she has dinner ready and gets him his pipe and slippers?
Old 06-25-2022, 09:05 PM   #5490
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'll last 3 min in NJ. Lived in NY for 6 months for a project.

Not getting up in arms at all. Sure it's mild all things considered. But really disrespectful in calling her names like that.

Tell you what. Tell your wife how a woman was described here, you are supportive of it, and let me know what she thinks.

NY and Jersey are very different, and I guarantee my wife couldn't care less. She's a Jersey girl and realizes a spade is a spade..

Last edited by Lathum : 06-25-2022 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:06 PM   #5491
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Tell your wife how a woman was described here, you are supportive of it, and let me know what she thinks.

Are you referring to the Hot or Not threads, or the Hot Child Molestor threads?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 09:08 PM   #5492
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
NY and Jersey are very different, and I guarantee my wife couldn't care less. She's a Jersey girl and realizes a spade is a spade..

Go ahead and ask her anyway. I'd like to know what she says (and I'm being honest about this).

My wife is out of town and I'll share her response when she gets back on Tue.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:11 PM   #5493
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Are you referring to the Hot or Not threads, or the Hot Child Molestor threads?

For HoN, see Celebrity Hot or Not - should HoN Continue? - Front Office Football Central

For Child Molester thread, are you making making a moral equivalence point? Go ahead an elaborate so I understand your point before I respond.

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-25-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:14 PM   #5494
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Is that before or after she has dinner ready and gets him his pipe and slippers?

From what I've read in his previous posts, odds are its the other way around. But to be honest, nothing wrong about that just as long as its returned in kind.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:17 PM   #5495
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
From what I've read in his previous posts, odds are its the other way around. But to be honest, nothing wrong about that just as long as its returned in kind.

Accurate. You’re just gonna have to trust me on this one. Not to mention my original point was a bunch of dudes on a message board. Not their wives.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:19 PM   #5496
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Accurate. You’re just gonna have to trust me on this one. Not to mention my original point was a bunch of dudes on a message board. Not their wives.

Trust you? Nah. Just ask her and let me know what she says.

About just a bunch of dudes ... its more like incel talk to me.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:26 PM   #5497
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ok. Well this is fun and all but I’m about done threadjacking.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:23 PM   #5498
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Ok. Well this is fun and all but I’m about done threadjacking.

Fair enough, we all do it some
Old 06-25-2022, 10:55 PM   #5499
RainMaker
General Manager

Yes, lets show ample respect to the person who helped fund a terrorist attack on our nation's capital and made numerous efforts to help overthrow the government. The lady talking about arresting political opponents and shipping them off to GITMO.

Good lord, her husband used to discuss rape and bestiality porn with subordinates at the office. I'm guessing she has heard much worse at home. Heck, being a pig probably made her more attractive to Clarence.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:02 PM   #5500
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Ginni Thomas Asked Anita Hill to Apologize to Clarence Thomas

This is not something a mentally stable person would do.

you are talking about republicans here...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote