View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 05:26 PM   #23
BrixtonFC
n00b

The Days Between
It’s FA Trophy Third Round Draw Day! We get to play at Sheppey, who currently are the top of our league. I think we have a fair shot.

FA Vase Second Round
vs. Chasetown, 9 September 2017

Formation: Spade (GK, DR, DC r, DC l, DL, MC r, MC l, AMR, AMC, AML, ST c)
Starting XI: Webb, Maguire, Day, Carroll, Jefcoate, Barlow, Smith, Pearson, O’Donnell, Duckett, Macey
Subs: Friend, Johnstone, Clark, Spearing, Parker, Cullen, McAdam, Jones, Taylor, Martin, Rae

I Assertively tell the team I expect nothing but a win. Ghost town. I rarely get much reaction out of this team.

We finally get things going at 19’ when Pearson unwisely passes it up the middle to a pack of defenders. Macey is the only one aware in the area and the ball somehow makes it to his feet and we are up. Our second goal comes off a Pearson to O’Donnell combo after Pearson literally kicks the calf of Chasetown’s left back. Shake my dumb head. I’ve noticed in FM18 that players more frequently come flying in from behind for sliding tackles. So far it’s been funny but I’m sure eventually one of my players will suffer a major injury. A third is added by Macey in 63’ off a subbed-in Martin cross. (Duckett wasn’t playing well.) A couple minutes later they pull one back on a corner. But no worries, Macey gets another hat trick at 78’. Not 3 minutes later, he gets his fourth, again coming from a Martin cross.

For those keeping track at home, we’ve conceded two goals off corners and scored none. Harrumph!

POM: Eddie Macey (4 goals, 1 key pass)