View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 09:11 AM   #566
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I missed the Arnold discussion the first time around. Super happy with it. It was a perfect match of BPA and need.

I was, also, a fan of doubling-down on CB in the second round with Rakestraw. It was the team’s biggest area of need and the board fell in such a way that there, also, happened to be value at each pick. You can never have enough cornerbacks and the veterans on this team are mainly on one year deals (Davis and Moseley), have injury concerns (same two guys) or are unproven as full-time starters (Roberston and the rest). Drafting Arnold and Rakestraw make a ton of sense and, if they work out, could bring some long term stability to a position group that has rarely ever been stable.

The only thing that I've found a bit worrying is that all of the talk about Arnold and Rakestraw is about how much "dog" they have, their attitude, swagger, willingness to tackle and press, but very little on their speed and actual ability to cover people. They seem like perfect culture fits for the Lions and I love their willingness to hit and tackle, but if they can't cover NFL WRs then...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 05-07-2024 at 09:11 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote