View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 04:06 PM   #68
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZal View Post
I'm happy with these player files, though some of the overall ratings are a little odd (Gronkowski a 6? Roethlisberger a 4?). I've had some weak draft classes but I'm not sure how much of that is from the file versus poor RNG/X-Factor luck.

Passacaglia, how good are those quarterbacks' other ratings in the file? I'm looking now and Roethlisberger has a low overall but high decision making and accuracy (everything else besides scrambling is -1). Anecdotally, I can tell you he's a 68 overall in one of my universes, and in another he was 44 but had a 38:10 TD:INT ratio in his rookie year. So unless he's a strange outlier, I don't think having a low overall necessarily dooms the player unless all the rest of their stats are -1.

Some categories are all -1 (touch, quality, arm strength, timing, sense rush, read defense, two minutes, improvisation), and some are filled in for most QBs (scramble, decisions, accuracy, footwork, confidence, skill speed). You could be right that overall doesn't tell the whole story. But no idea.

If you're curious about Roethlisberger, here's him in the 1970 file:

Quote:
TOUCH QUALITY ARM_STRENGTH SCRAMBLE DECISIONS ACCURACY TIMING SENSE_RUSH READ_DEFENSE TWO_MINUTE FOOTWORK
-1 -1 -1 100 232 234 -1 -1 -1 -1 208

And here he is in the 2004 file:

Quote:
TOUCH QUALITY ARM_STRENGTH SCRAMBLE DECISIONS ACCURACY TIMING SENSE_RUSH READ_DEFENSE TWO_MINUTE FOOTWORK
-1 -1 -1 148 118 200 -1 -1 -1 -1 136

Bad formatting, but eh. In both, his overall rating is a 4. But it seems like he should be better if you start in 1970, wait 34 years, then draft him.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote