View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 07:52 AM   #313
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We had 2 Odysseys from around 2002 to 2019. The first one, the transmission died. Thanks to the internet, I realized that it was an ongoing problem that they didn't want to do a national recall for. When it happened, my wife had driven on her own from FL to NJ with a 5 year old and 6 month old, during Thanksgiving week, to attend a family funeral. Two local dealerships wouldn't do anything other than quote us the $5K+ price to replace it.

Needless to say, when I got on the phone with the regional Honda rep and told him we were going to plaster her story on every website and news source who would listen if they didn't comp any obviously defective transmission that they were having problems with all over the country, they changed their tune and not only comped the transmission, but gave us an additional 5 year warranty on it for $50.

Other than that one issue, we loved our Odysseys. I've read, though, that Honda quality has taken a dive in the past decade. Not sure if that's true or not. If you had told me 30 years ago that I'd be more likely to buy a Kia/Hyundai than a Honda, I would have laughed at you.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote