View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 01:09 PM   #880
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

We generally ended up opting for the opposite approach: why force someone you ostensibly care about to be miserable?

I had/have my things, she had her things, and eventually those kinda rarely intersected (just being honest about it). But that was better than dealing with making each other miserable forcing them into something they didn't enjoy.

In 30 years I don't believe my wife ever went to see any band I liked with the exception of a couple bar band gigs involving friends of mine. I managed to cope.

edit to add: That said, I have no doubt that my approach of being totally fine with that was influenced by remembering how absolutely miserable it was to sit through a tedious concert with a girlfriend many many years ago. I vowed after that experience to never go to a show where there wasn't at least a fighting chance I'd enjoy the band(s), and I stuck to that. There's enough suffering in life without inflicting misery on yourself voluntarily.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-14-2024 at 01:12 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote