View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 09:41 AM   #136
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
What do you think of Sam White? He is from our home town in Canada, used to play hockey with my son and went to school with him. Sam was always the best at every sport he played, he was just one of those guys. He was a goalie in hockey, but he'd jump in as a forward in a tournament, and be one of the top scorers. Volleyball tournament in grade school? He'd be the star. He just had that level of focus that let him be great at whatever he did.

I see that he was already starting most games as a freshman last year, so obviously they think well of him.

He's looked pretty good with hitting this season, but is striking out probably a little more than you'd like to see. This is a pretty good, talented team and he has been bouncing around hitting in the top half of a pretty goodt lineup (when he's healthy). We have had a lot of injuries and one of our better players is a catcher named Logan Suave (no joke!). Suave had been out for an extended period of time and has returned. White was doing the majority of the catching for a big chunk of the season, so that could have affected his hitting/concentration some. He needs to find a position (he's been bouncing around between C, 3B, LF, and RF) and cut down the strikeouts. I don't know enough about his defense as a catcher, but if he can stick at C or 3B, I'd imagine he'll be one of the more "featured" players on the team next year and will have a good shot at being drafted, when he is eligible, after next season.

I don't know if ESPN+ has the same broadcasting rights in Canada as it does in the US, but if so, most of the home and Big 12 conference games are available to watch there. Not always the greatest quality of production, but if you are into baseball, you could catch some of his ABs and see J.J. Wetherholt, who is one of the best draft eligible college players in the country this season.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote