View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 12:23 AM   #36
Emmett13
Mascot

2043 transfer portal

There is still a phase or two left, and we're effectively finished. This was a pretty light portal season as far as talent goes. We did go after a veteran wing, who I would have really liked to have, but I was definitely not aggressive enough in my offer and he went elsewhere.

On the bright side, I found an ideal target at center and was able to snag him with promising him zero minutes, which is the absolute dream.

Kazimierz Kusmierz, 7'0", 263, Senior, Brodnica, Poland

This guy checked all the boxes. A senior, can play the 5, solid enough defensively and competitive on the glass. He played the last two season at AI ran Texas A&M Corpus Christi, and he played in a horrendous conference in the Southland. But he cleaned up on the glass and earned a 3rd team all-Southland nod.

I think he's an upgrade over Armstrong, who essentially he is replacing. Much like Armstrong I don't think he'll get much playing time outside of foul trouble games, but I might try to pepper him in during the non-conference slate to see what he can do at this level....probably not, though.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote