View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 08:08 AM   #119
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
We have WVU season baseball tickets. Wetherholt is the probably the best college player I have ever seen in person (Josh Jung may be the best and Alex Manoah was a beast when he was on). Granted, I've only been going to college games for like the last 8-10 years. I'd be happy with Wetherholt on the Pirates but he's projected to go fairly high. He's been injured most of this season and I think his size/durability and that he mostly plays 2B are his downsides. I haven't seen his scouting grades, but I would have to think his hit tool and speed are near elite and he has good power. He is supposed to play more SS this season (WVU had a really good senior SS last year that is currently in the Rockies system), so if he looks competent there, that would help. The guys just hits the ball hard and can fly.

What do you think of Sam White? He is from our home town in Canada, used to play hockey with my son and went to school with him. Sam was always the best at every sport he played, he was just one of those guys. He was a goalie in hockey, but he'd jump in as a forward in a tournament, and be one of the top scorers. Volleyball tournament in grade school? He'd be the star. He just had that level of focus that let him be great at whatever he did.

I see that he was already starting most games as a freshman last year, so obviously they think well of him.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote