View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 07:32 AM   #289
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I predict this call to go down in history like the holding in the Eagles-Chiefs Superbowl. Everyone angry about it at first and eventually most people will agree it was the right call. Some will try to save face with, "yeah, but they didn't call it that way the rest of the game" which was mysteriously not part of the original incorrect argument.

Well, I don't care enough to be mad or carry it with me. It was a decent bit of entertainment on a Friday night. That's about it.

Given that it was a women's basketball game, my comment comes from the standpoint that "technically correct" calls rarely have anything to do with how the games are officiated. There were certainly 2-3 dozen calls not made last night more egregious than that one.

I will say, it's interesting to see the team that basically put women's basketball on the map end up on the wrong end of a critical call. They are no longer the draw, just a side note.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote