View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 09:26 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

GalCiv IV Dynasty #2 - The Navigators - Victory by Influence!!!

Galciv IV Dynasty II: The Navigators

Hello all! Let’s try this again, but this time with my backup choice of The Navigators!

The Navigators:

Progressive culture so they like tech and experimentation

Stats:

+2 Clever - +15% science
-1 Influential
+1 Fast – Ships +1 move
+1 Persuasive

So they are all about Science with progressive and stats

Abilities:

Archeologist – Whenever they discover an artifact, they get double charges

Starfaring – Ships get +25% range, grants two tech options

They start with 2k cash and no probes but two Colony Ships

I am trying something different with the game creation:

Last time I lost to a war with the Drengin and on normal AI. This time I am doing all weak, but I am making a few changes.

Starting Size – Small
Sectors – Single – not binary
# of Foes – 3 – four total in a smaller space – hopefully each foe will start out in a corner. Normally we have three in a sector not four.

You saw how rare habitable planets were in the last run. We only had one Core World in our starting with 5 star systems in our direction. We found one for free after finding a log in an explorer ship, and none unlocked after getting better techs.

Star Frequency, Habitable Planets, Extreme Planets and Resources are all Abundant

I am turning on Influence wins that were off.

All of my foes are random

Here is a screenshot of my starting area and rare on the left. You can see that our weakness is that we were nomadic and now are in a barren area.

Here’s my capital world, Arnor:

Here I am zoomed in and you can see that we only have three pop size, and 5 Navigators. I need to build up housing and take up needed spaces on my Homeworld.

Here’s Arnor zoomed in. You can see no extra food is being made, tons of Deserts. I am building our Colonial Council and then I placed my Captial City next to the Lightbulb Research. I also don’t have any areas good for food (leaf symbols) and many they cannot be build at all.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-18-2024 at 09:20 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote