View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 06:13 PM   #1659
Edward64
Head Coach

Next week should be fun! Let's get to a bill and a vote, one way or another.

Quote:
The Senate faces a tough choice on Ukraine aid as Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) says the House will move a Ukraine package after the April recess, but one that could be strikingly different from the $95 billion package the upper chamber passed in February.

Quote:
The Speaker has already told Republican senators that a substantial portion of the assistance in the House bill would be provided in the form of a loan, an idea championed by former President Trump but initially dismissed by Senate leaders in both parties.
I like the "loan" compromise, an easy way to win some GOP votes. I'd assume when the war ends and whoever is in power can give good or extend repayment terms.

Quote:
He has floated the idea of attaching language to reverse President Biden’s moratorium on new permits for liquified natural gas export facilities or provisions to pay for some aid to Ukraine by seizing Russian assets.
I'd think small price for Joe to pay especially in lieu of border security.

Quote:
But she warned adding strong border security is a “non-starter for the Democrats, and the Speaker knowns that.”
All in all, seems the GOP should have made a deal back in Dec for Ukraine-aid-is-a-loan and also border security.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote